HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Beach Bash was fantastic. I only live 5 minutes away from Jenks Inlet so needless to say Inhad many beers. :naughty:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I have to roll my eyes when you claim they're trying to make it a **** show. Is it one now? By many accounts, sure, although I haven't experience any issues and my buddy in group sales still has his job despite being based in northern NJ.

But it's a transition as they consolidate sales teams. They absolutely have work to do in order to make it more seamless but I'm confident Scott O'Neil, a highly respected guy who started as a ticket sales rep, will eventually get things in order. To insinuate they are sabotaging themselves is a joke. And consolidating their sales orgs into one makes perfect financial sense, though as I said, they need to work to make it seamless because I can agree that the issues njdevil26 reported are really bad.

It's still a very recent change. At least give it a month or 2 before trying to tell us that ownership is actually trying to destroy their business... Josh Harris didn't make a fortune turn money-losing companies into successful ones by purposely wrecking relationships...

Yes it's a ****-show. If I can't reach a client rep, ANY client rep and the Devils have so far not even addressed this with STH, then YES, it's a ****-show. Let's see, STH are supposed to be able to purchase additional tickets on Monday. Other than through Devils Insider e-mail which says check back for details Monday morning, I have no idea what the process is. ****-show.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Consolidating the sales staff is not a positive move. The Islanders and Nets have the same sales staff and my experience in dealing with them for client entertainment has been mediocre at best. A consolidated sales staff will be trained to act like robots, get the sale and move on to the next one. The quality of service we receive as STH will drop because of this.

Here is a link with the Isles and Nets sales staffs -
http://www.nba.com/nets/brooklyn/front_office_brooklyn/
https://www.nhl.com/islanders/team/business-directory
They aren't the same.

I have STH to the Isles and like every other organization, there are good reps and there are bad reps.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I have to roll my eyes when you claim they're trying to make it a **** show. Is it one now? By many accounts, sure, although I haven't experience any issues and my buddy in group sales still has his job despite being based in northern NJ.

But it's a transition as they consolidate sales teams. They absolutely have work to do in order to make it more seamless but I'm confident Scott O'Neil, a highly respected guy who started as a ticket sales rep, will eventually get things in order. To insinuate they are sabotaging themselves is a joke. And consolidating their sales orgs into one makes perfect financial sense, though as I said, they need to work to make it seamless because I can agree that the issues njdevil26 reported are really bad.

It's still a very recent change. At least give it a month or 2 before trying to tell us that ownership is actually trying to destroy their business... Josh Harris didn't make a fortune turn money-losing companies into successful ones by purposely wrecking relationships...

To followup, this Devils Insider e-mail sent on Friday, 3 days after the purge of employees, shows a complete lack of planning and organization, except if making sure your STH base is locked up was key before canning everyone.

"If you are attending and still have questions about the event, contact your Member Services Account Manager." Really?

brQFWKO.png

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
To followup, this Devils Insider e-mail sent on Friday, 3 days after the purge of employees, shows a complete lack of planning and organization, except if making sure your STH base is locked up was key before canning everyone.

"If you are attending and still have questions about the event, contact your Member Services Account Manager." Really?

brQFWKO.png

not sure when everyone else got that e-mail but mine showed up around 5:30 p.m. on friday :shakehead

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Oh the horror...

Eh I'm very forgiving and patient in general, a super easy customer. But this does sound like a gong show and it's not the first time. I like new ownership overall but between the uniform fiasco and now this in the same offseason they've blown getting any benefit of the doubt imo.

And why would they can DiCosmo? She's been with them since Vanderbeek, worked her way up from a rep. Exactly the person you'd want to stick around. Good grief if they're still slashing costs, I want them to be profitable of course but this seems a little much.

There's no excuse for reps out of Philly not having devils email domain names and devils on hold recordings from day one. This is easy stuff to implement, it's just laziness or incompetence. That's what alarms me the most about this.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Eh I'm very forgiving and patient in general, a super easy customer. But this does sound like a gong show and it's not the first time. I like new ownership overall but between the uniform fiasco and now this in the same offseason they've blown getting any benefit of the doubt imo.

And why would they can DiCosmo? She's been with them since Vanderbeek, worked her way up from a rep. Exactly the person you'd want to stick around. Good grief if they're still slashing costs, I want them to be profitable of course but this seems a little much.

There's no excuse for reps out of Philly not having devils email domain names and devils on hold recordings from day one. This is easy stuff to implement, it's just laziness or incompetence. That's what alarms me the most about this.

Last paragraph should just be posted again and again until people start to get it. The lack of professionalism was incredible.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

I can't verify with certainty that Marissa was let go, however an e-mail I sent her early Friday was not replied to. That's extremely unusual. I also spoke with a longtime STH yesterday who told me she had been let go and he contacted her thru Linkedin. She mentioned in her reply there that she was hopeful the Devils would bring her back.

Now. Looking at the staff directory, my rep who was let go is no longer listed - he was listed yesterday so it's apparent the directory has been updated. Marissa IS still listed so it's possible she's still employed.

Whatever the situation, it's not the way to instill confidence in your fanbase.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Does anyone know how quickly they remove people from the website and kill their phone extensions? There are a few people that I have dealt with that are listed as still being with the organization, but they have not called me back (and they usually do).

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

I don't know about alarming, but it does show a lack of professionalism and attention to detail. Given that Cori Younghans is still listed as my rep on the Member page, I am not surprised by any of it.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Having seen this passed around on the interwebs, figured I'd pass it along as well pertaining to the current discussion. Also makes you wonder if this sales issue is tied in with what went on behind moving on from other people this off-season, notably Sherry and Rich Matthews - $$. Could be hiring cheaper workers in place (assuming Sherry was employed by the team of course, do not recall if she was).

Heard from someone who spoke to Scott O'Neill, President of the NJ Devils & 76ers at the Beach Bash yesterday. This did not come from any Devils employees. Remaining employees were advised they would be terminated if this did not remain internal: On Tuesday most of the sales reps, including group sales, were terminated along with VPs. There are currently 4 reps, down from in the teens. A team was hired 2 weeks ago & also subsequently fired this week after they leased apartments. 76ers are currently sold out for season tickets although they suck, and some of their staff are being brought to NJ to replicate it here. Both organizations terminated employees & are possibly consolidating positions. They are not prepared for pre-season, and if you need to speak to a rep - good luck. Marissa who was running the show was also canned and no one knows how things operate. Right now each rep probably has over 1300 contacts until a full-time permanent team is in place. If you get frustrated and impatient, please don't take it out on a rep - take it up with management. IMO and with others I've spoke to, the timing of this is ill advised, stupid and makes no sense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shouldn't this stuff have been done...like three or four months ago? They've had literally four months since the end of the season with only a couple of team events to deal with where they could have had all this upheaval and been ready to go by the time people actually needed to buy tickets. Ostensibly the sth presale's today and it's very unlikely that goes off without a hitch.

And firing a staff you hired two weeks ago - if accurate - also looks like incompetence. As is assuming the reps are the real reason you sell tickets as opposed to prices, market and team perception. I do find it hard to believe O'Neill would tell a random fan this, but don't find most of the content that hard to believe considering the gong show that's been visibly going on.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pre-sale is active. Use your account number. You're welcome.

From where? When I try it on the Ticketmaster app my number is invalid. When I look on the website I don't see access to a presale. I've never gotten an email. Gong show.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Pre-sale is active. Use your account number. You're welcome.

You're the best, got seats downstairs for Elias night like I wanted. Devils ****ed this up yet again, what a ****ing dumpster fire their staff have been with this. Still haven't gotten an email about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad