HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It's moving forward as planned (nice I can write that more often regarding Newark projects). Going to be a 24/7 complex with components designed by 3 different architects and another overseeing the whole thing I think. 1,400 rental units (with 20% affordable per Newark requirement), a 400,000 sq ft office tower geared towards tech firms, I believe 120k sq ft of retail and some public space outside.

For perspective, the Hahnes project has 160 units, NJPAC and Shaq towers both in the low to mid 200 range, and the renovation of the Verizon building off Washington Park is another 300 and change. The scope of this thing is massive by Newark standards. Early rendering shows 15 story buildings which has disappointed some but getting rid of vacant lots and adding more middle income residential is far more important right now.

Construction should start late mid to late 2018 (guessing demo earlier) with completion in 2021.
Too tall, or not tall enough?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Too tall, or not tall enough?

Not tall enough. Some people who follow this stuff would like to see Newark move quicker into the 40-50 story realm like JC. The NJPAC tower would've been the first in the 40 range before being scaled back to the current standard of just over 20 floors. Which is fine, I'm glad stuff is getting built, the economics and availability of land downtown don't really support taller towers yet.

The upside of the stadium project is a bunch of 15 story buildings (although the 400k sq ft office building should be north of 20 floors with that kind of square footage) will really fill out that part of the city and hopefully spur development on the remaining vacant lots (the Lincoln Motel one next to the tracks and the Westinghouse one across from Broad Street Station). Both of those had plans lost to the recession.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
12-game ticket plans released.

The All Star Plan includes Opening Night, Patty Night, Saturday night games vs Philly, Pitts & Chicago and 2 Rags games.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
Just got the email about STH having to opt-in for hard tickets again. I love how they call it a "courtesy" that they offer hard tickets. Thanks for the pity......

This was also included in the email.

Reminder that you have received or will soon receive your DocuSign confirming your account details from your Member Services Account Manager. Please review and sign it to officially activate your 2017-18 Devils Membership.

Another agreement to sign? I'm pretty sure next years renewals will require a retina scan and DNA sample from all STH.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Just got the email about STH having to opt-in for hard tickets again. I love how they call it a "courtesy" that they offer hard tickets. Thanks for the pity......

Another agreement to sign? I'm pretty sure next years renewals will require a retina scan and DNA sample from all STH.

Oh the horror...

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

I would honestly pay 25-30 bucks to have nice printed tickets up for every game with the date and opponent on it. I don't know why teams are so against this nowadays, the Jets and Red Bulls don't have them anymore either. I believe the Giants do and my friend who is a Rangers fan can either get his tickets printed from home for free or he can pay like 25 bucks and get nice tickets, they always do a great job every year on them.

I get the whole digital mobile aspect but not even giving an option is just pure laziness in my opinion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would honestly pay 25-30 bucks to have nice printed tickets up for every game with the date and opponent on it. I don't know why teams are so against this nowadays, the Jets and Red Bulls don't have them anymore either. I believe the Giants do and my friend who is a Rangers fan can either get his tickets printed from home for free or he can pay like 25 bucks and get nice tickets, they always do a great job every year on them.

I get the whole digital mobile aspect but not even giving an option is just pure laziness in my opinion.

You know why...more control over the secondary market. It's a lot easier to sell paper tickets without Big Brother knowing/getting a cut.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
You know why...more control over the secondary market. It's a lot easier to sell paper tickets without Big Brother knowing/getting a cut.

Yeah it's foolish, the Jets and Red Bulls at least let you have PDF tickets and they don't care where or who you sell them to. Maybe at some point the NHL ticket exchange will be a decent place to actually get your money back but until then I'll just use a buyback instead if I can't go.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011

The Rangers charge $35 but I would gladly pay that to receive the nice hard stock instead of the standard box office tickets.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I had to give up my tickets due to financial concerns as right now they are a luxury I can't really afford. The team owes me $108 in seller credit on my account. I told my rep to put in for them to send me a check (which would be sent out in 90 days from when the request went in). That was in late March. The check still has yet to be sent. They may think they are being clever by pulling this crap but they should realize there might come a day where my financial position improves. Think after this I'll be in a rush to do business with them? As the old saying goes: penny wise and pound foolish.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I had to give up my tickets due to financial concerns as right now they are a luxury I can't really afford. The team owes me $108 in seller credit on my account. I told my rep to put in for them to send me a check (which would be sent out in 90 days from when the request went in). That was in late March. The check still has yet to be sent. They may think they are being clever by pulling this crap but they should realize there might come a day where my financial position improves. Think after this I'll be in a rush to do business with them? As the old saying goes: penny wise and pound foolish.

They are out to get you bruh.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006

Didn't they try this at first last year then gave in to the pdf tickets being issued. They need to realize they cannot alienate the fan base they need the fans more tan the fans need them..check the attendance as proof

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I like hard tix or PDFs to print.

Mobile ticketing stinks but it seems like teams across all sports are going that route.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Know you are being sarcastic but them not giving me back my money is just another example of the FO treating fans like crap. Give me another reason that well more than 90 days later I don't have the check.

It happens with all types of businesses, not excusing it, but you'll have to continue to follow up.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Didn't they try this at first last year then gave in to the pdf tickets being issued. They need to realize they cannot alienate the fan base they need the fans more tan the fans need them..check the attendance as proof

When I was debating to renew or not I was told many times that pdf tix would still be an option for this season. I did mobile entry and pdf which was great. I have it in an email as well. If i had a rep or they actually sent that email about confirming your info I'd complain.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

This doesn't excuse them not sending you the check but anytime you sell tickets on their ticket exchange you should have them deposit the money right into your bank account after the sale.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This doesn't excuse them not sending you the check but anytime you sell tickets on their ticket exchange you should have them deposit the money right into your bank account after the sale.
Normaly that's what I would do but at the time I was hopeful that I could renew and was trying to build seller credit to help pay for it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
developer-details-plans-for-newark-bears-eagles-stadium-site-7fd67318e10d119c.jpg

Here the picture for those wondering

Seems like there's a nice mix of staying true to Newark's architecture and history (the smaller building in the back and the one on the left) and Hoboken-izing the place.

Seems like they're skipping the newer metal/vinyl buildings that are going up that look like eyesores; Rutgers is covering the campus with these. I get that they're cheap to construct at all, but they look like large monstrosities to me.

On a side note, I've been driving through Newark a lot this summer and it's upsetting to think of what it once was.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
did anyone actually receive that e-mail they said was coming to verify your account info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad