HF Official Devils '17-18 Ticket/All Things Pru Center Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I just got the pre-sale email from the Devils. I had them beat by a good 20 minutes.

Hopefully they can get these emails out sooner in the future.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I just got the pre-sale email from the Devils. I had them beat by a good 20 minutes.

I just got it as well. There's not a lot of available inventory left, especially downstairs.

I just wanted to have a good view of the banner going up so that's why I'm sitting downstairs for this one.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Hopefully they can get these emails out sooner in the future.

Yeah they sent out the email about the time they ran out of tickets lol. I only got two for friends, didn't have enough time to bother getting more for resale or in case someone else wanted them.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Actually there is nothing left now besides 2 pairs of tickets in section 19 for $269+ fees. Wow.

I assume they have held quite a few back in hopes of including them in partial plans, flex plans, etc. Expect to hear about "contact the NJ Devils to get your tickets to Elias Night", etc.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I assume they have held quite a few back in hopes of including them in partial plans, flex plans, etc. Expect to hear about "contact the NJ Devils to get your tickets to Elias Night", etc.

Definitely agree, just going to be a lot of people complaining and they already are on Facebook about there being nothing left already.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
This was also in the email.

This season, save up to 10% on full-priced tickets when you purchase New Jersey Devils individual home game tickets using your American Express® Card. Discount varies by game. Applies to American Express® Card Member discount ticket allotment only, while supplies last. Discount is reflected in ticket price prior to purchase. Offer may be modified or revoked at any time. All other ticket terms and conditions apply.

The American Express discount cannot be applied on top of your Membership discount, but tell your friends who aren't Devils Members!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Definitely agree, just going to be a lot of people complaining and they already are on Facebook about there being nothing left already.

Probably the only reason inventory lasted as long as it did was because of the email delay. Was kind of surprised there were still upper level seats at 9:30

I'm sure they're also holding some back for the regular sale too.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Probably the only reason inventory lasted as long as it did was because of the email delay. Was kind of surprised there were still upper level seats at 9:30

I'm sure they're also holding some back for the regular sale too.

I'd honestly be surprised if they saved anything for the regular sale. There's just no incentive for them to do so since it gives them more leverage to sell packages to people and get them in for more games.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I heard from someone that the center scoreboard has been completely taken down. Anyone can confirm this?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Shouldn't this stuff have been done...like three or four months ago? They've had literally four months since the end of the season with only a couple of team events to deal with where they could have had all this upheaval and been ready to go by the time people actually needed to buy tickets. Ostensibly the sth presale's today and it's very unlikely that goes off without a hitch.

And firing a staff you hired two weeks ago - if accurate - also looks like incompetence. As is assuming the reps are the real reason you sell tickets as opposed to prices, market and team perception. I do find it hard to believe O'Neill would tell a random fan this, but don't find most of the content that hard to believe considering the gong show that's been visibly going on.

Mr Sixer, O'Neil, is making some risky decisions that IMO are sure to backfire.

dbv

Jul 5, 2006
Well, have to say it was disappointing to log into the presage at 10am and not see any Elias tickets available. Oh well.

But pretty infuriating to hear about people -- including non STHs???-- buying seats at 8:30am!

Good for you guys, but I have to ask-- what the heck is that?? Gong Show indeed.

radnj1972

Aug 24, 2013
Garfield, NJ
At the end of the day it's all about the "customer" and customer perception and so far the image is quite negative. Have patience? Sure .. but this time and time again the same root issue from the front office staff .. they need to execute in a better way.

I have to roll my eyes when you claim they're trying to make it a **** show. Is it one now? By many accounts, sure, although I haven't experience any issues and my buddy in group sales still has his job despite being based in northern NJ.

But it's a transition as they consolidate sales teams. They absolutely have work to do in order to make it more seamless but I'm confident Scott O'Neil, a highly respected guy who started as a ticket sales rep, will eventually get things in order. To insinuate they are sabotaging themselves is a joke. And consolidating their sales orgs into one makes perfect financial sense, though as I said, they need to work to make it seamless because I can agree that the issues njdevil26 reported are really bad.

It's still a very recent change. At least give it a month or 2 before trying to tell us that ownership is actually trying to destroy their business... Josh Harris didn't make a fortune turn money-losing companies into successful ones by purposely wrecking relationships...

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
Well, have to say it was disappointing to log into the presage at 10am and not see any Elias tickets available. Oh well.

But pretty infuriating to hear about people -- including non STHs???-- buying seats at 8:30am!

Good for you guys, but I have to ask-- what the heck is that?? Gong Show indeed.

it was 9 not 8:30 :laugh: they didn't put a lot out to sell for elias night and there was an 8 ticket limit. they did put more on sale in the afternoon. i thought they might have done 4. i was shocked at the pricing. i thought they would jack them up a nice amount but they didn't.

when i checked later in the day there was only the option for sth presale not the other code. something happened early on that probably shouldn't have been there for the non sth buying through the other code.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
AMEX Presale - Will there be any Elias tickets left?

pulled a pair of uppers in 226 row 6 for $155 after all fees. that might be the only thing left other then club seats. looks like prices are way higher then yesterday.

season ticket presale looks like they released a few tickets today. don't choose the pick your own seats option, have to use pick for me.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

There's probably eleventy-billion on "hold" by the Devils for the 2.75 million STH and Flex packages they think it will help them sell.

rambler725

Sep 12, 2006
does anyone know what the Membership discount rate was for the pre-sale ..was it a given percentage?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I can't verify with certainty that Marissa was let go, however an e-mail I sent her early Friday was not replied to. That's extremely unusual. I also spoke with a longtime STH yesterday who told me she had been let go and he contacted her thru Linkedin. She mentioned in her reply there that she was hopeful the Devils would bring her back.

Now. Looking at the staff directory, my rep who was let go is no longer listed - he was listed yesterday so it's apparent the directory has been updated. Marissa IS still listed so it's possible she's still employed.

Whatever the situation, it's not the way to instill confidence in your fanbase.

I just received an e-mail from Marissa this morning which is good news as far as I'm concerned. She's acknowledged a transition in staff and and provided contacts until they are fully staffed which is expected by mid-September.

As far as pdf tickets, I wouldn't count on it unless you have proof that they were promised. Even then, it's probably not going to happen as they are promoting being able to send them via text or e-mail to another individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad