HF Boards has gotten soft

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don’t think HFBoards is getting soft as it is the quantity of said questionable hits has increased this spring compared to last.

Last year, there were only 2 real noticeable situations (Calvert and Draisaitl).

This year? Different story.

Thus, the more shaky moments = the more questioning.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Scroll up.
When I say "haven't seen" and ask for a source, I mean "I have reviewed the posts in this thread and do not see anything of the sort, therefore I would like you to point them out so that I may ascertain which of us is exhibiting selection bias". If you choose to be lazy and insist it's so "OBVIOUS", then I can only conclude it's you. I want to be fair about this.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I don't think it has anything to do with soft, I just don't personally think that every questionable hit that gets made needs a thread. I understand if people disagree with me on that. This is a hockey message board after all, but it's interesting how people love to bitch and moan about illegal hits but that there are far less threads about great goals that were scored. It just gives the entire board a complaining and argumentative look.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I support equal opportunity suspensions. Suspensions for all equivalent plays for all players on all teams. I complain when all plays are not suspended equally. Deal with it.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
When I say "haven't seen" and ask for a source, I mean "I have reviewed the posts in this thread and do not see anything of the sort, therefore I would like you to point them out so that I may ascertain which of us is exhibiting selection bias". If you choose to be lazy and insist it's so "OBVIOUS", then I can only conclude it's you. I want to be fair about this.
What? It's really not that serious and it is pretty "OBVIOUS" which posts I'm referring to. I will be "lazy" because I'm not about to waste my time having a back and forth about something so insignificant.

Have a nice night.

member 151739

It has nothing to do with softness. It has everything to do with fans wanting players of rival teams to be punished, dirty hit or not.

I am not shocked a select few has decided to put up a soapbox to make this political however. But stay on topic and keep politics out of this.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
“Let’s keep grown adults from getting hurt.”
“Need to prevent life altering injuries.”
“More safety and less masculinity.”

Any person who chooses hockey as a “career” can take the oh my safety and future health blah blah and go back to bed with their parents or guardians.

A) 2 knives on your feet
B) Lots of ice that you know, is totally not a falling hazard.
C) A solid rubber projector traveling at 70 mph, totally safe bros, like totally.
D) 200 lb players going really fast in iron man armor... on ice... with 2 knives. OSHA approves.

This like telling a marine, “ All shucks, you should not use your fists to punch somebody... you might hurt some one. We gotta protect everyone so they have no medical problems.” They chose a dangerous profession. If you can risk your limbs getting cut off or heads decapitated from weapons of mass destruction currently on the bottom of of every players feet.I think slamming into people hard and punching each other is not “barbaric” given the sport is already unsafe and contributes squat to society outside of entertainment, fan wish fulfillment, and pointless bragging rights.

Reactions: bigd and rosenqvist

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What? It's really not that serious and it is pretty "OBVIOUS" which posts I'm referring to. I will be "lazy" because I'm not about to waste my time having a back and forth about something so insignificant.
So you're just spouting hyperbolic nonsense about nonexistent posts to try to make folks look bad because you don't actually have an actual counterargument. Gotcha.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
“Let’s keep grown adults from getting hurt.”
“Need to prevent life altering injuries.”
“More safety and less masculinity.”

Any person who chooses hockey as a “career” can take the oh my safety and future health blah blah and go back to bed with their parents or guardians.

A) 2 knives on your feet
B) Lots of ice that you know, is totally not a falling hazard.
C) A solid rubber projector traveling at 70 mph, totally safe bros, like totally.
D) 200 lb players going really fast in iron man armor... on ice... with 2 knives. OSHA approves.

This like telling a marine, “ All shucks, you should not use your fists to punch somebody... you might hurt some one. We gotta protect everyone so they have no medical problems.” They chose a dangerous profession. If you can risk your limbs getting cut off or heads decapitated from weapons of mass destruction currently on the bottom of of every players feet.I think slamming into people hard and punching each other is not “barbaric” given the sport is already unsafe and contributes squat to society outside of entertainment, fan wish fulfillment, and pointless bragging rights.

Yeah, it's already dangerous. So, why make it less dangerous? That would be stupid.:sarcasm:

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
So you're just spouting hyperbolic nonsense about nonexistent posts to try to make folks look bad because you don't actually have an actual counterargument. Gotcha.
The posts I'm referring to are on page 6 right above yours. What is this a f***ing hfboards courtroom? Relax..

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Boring playoffs when every thread is either reffing or suspensions

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If you have problems with softness, maybe imagine something taboo sexy like your team signing both Doughty and Karlsson as UFAs.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Age bracket for people who participate in online discussions directly correlates with the age bracket that is making it a trend to be overly dramatic about everything

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad