HF Boards has gotten soft

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I said it in another thread but I’ll say this. Real dangerous hits like the ones where guys skate a long way to deliver a headshot or take out a guy’s knee, have to go. They can ruin a career or a life. The rest are fine, unless the nhl really wants to change its nature. But I for one don’t care about the agitating stuff. That’s part of the game. And I believe players would agree. That said, the instigator must go. I trust the players themselves with policing the ice more than the refs. The refs suck.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Suspend OP for this post.
I agree lol.

OP, you know what you could do? Just ignore them if they bother you. I doubt the DOPS is checking the HFBoards to see if something requires a suspension or not. It's the internet after all.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I blame all the Euros

don-cherry.png

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I agree lol.

OP, you know what you could do? Just ignore them if they bother you. I doubt the DOPS is checking the HFBoards to see if something requires a suspension or not. It's the internet after all.
Or, he could make a thread about it on a discussion forum to start a discussion. That works to.
Its a good thing to bring up I think. Let the players play, dont get to soft. Its a worrying trend, I really dont want hard play, hits, fights or even the nasty stuff to go away. Intent to injure and reckless play should absolutely be punished and I want that gone, but the rest, definetly not.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Every ticky tack penalty seems to get a thread nowadays begging for a suspension. Give it a rest. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You’re acting like soccer cry baby fans.

I support suspending players for illegal hits. But god damn give it a rest with all these threads. They’re usually minor penalties at most.

Let the boys play.

People making threads about every hit usually isn't due to thinking every hit should be a suspension. It's because "my team's player got suspended for something and I'm upset, so every time any play that is even remotely comparable happens, I'm going to make a thread to cry foul in order to complain indirectly about that suspension."

So I don't think it's really HF being soft. I think it's HF being whiny and homerish.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Its always been like this, its less about being soft and more about wanting players/teams that you don't like to be punished/suffer. Who doesn't enjoy the schadenfreude of an opponent losing a game because their key player had to miss due to suspension?

Reactions: SpoolCat and zoA

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Also a symptom of players not policing themselves.

It used to be that if an opposing team took liberties with one of your players, then you would expect your team to respond likewise.

Now they seem content to wait around for the refs or George Parros to exact justice.

Reactions: Riddum

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Every ticky tack penalty seems to get a thread nowadays begging for a suspension. Give it a rest. This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs. You’re acting like soccer cry baby fans.

I support suspending players for illegal hits. But god damn give it a rest with all these threads. They’re usually minor penalties at most.

Let the boys play.
Says the Boston fan, whose hockey team arguably writes the book on dirty play and how to disguise it as just part of the game (along with the Ducks).

Reactions: dkhockey

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. The whole Stanley Cup Playoffs forums is about 'questionable' plays. Come on boys!

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->