Post-Game Talk (GBU): Hey Sabres... You Suck #5

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Kane gets promoted to Eichel's lline, only to take an absolutely terrible penalty to lose us the game

TRADE KANE NOW

To Be Fair, Kane also fed Eichel for the game tying goal. If that was Moulson or Griffith they'd be fumbling it to a King player.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
G:
Jack

B:
Everyone else

Not sure why anyone is surprised Pouliot is garbage. No clue what anyone saw in him to begin with.

Also not sure why Moulson and Griffith are out there on the 6-on-5. Are we that thin on forward?? Or why Kane went back with Eichel to end the game. Isn't it pretty clear Eichel Girgs Pommer is our ONLY good line?

Also not sure why Antipin is scratched while McCabe is playing like he's blindfolded.
antipin is scratched because housley is onto his KGB shenanigans dude... how many times do I have to say it?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Lehner didn't play poorly per se but I would have liked to see something more from him. Quick had those plays tonight

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is how you rant boys and girls!

And I didn't even include Griffith being AHL filler for failing to convert on that gift Jack put on his stick. That's why Griffith is a 25 year old tweener and hold a place -- God knows for who -- at the NHL level.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Still willing to give this team time, I don't think anything is going to look solid until at least game 20. Look at Nashville last year. Unless we don't win at least 20-25 of the first 42 then I'm not stressing at all. That being said...

Ryan O'Rielly just needs need to be better. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. He's had bad puck luck but besides those 3-4 good chances has been completely invisible. Kane - Larsson needs to get a few looks.

There is also huge need in this organization for another top 3 Dman. And if Duchene wasn't enough to get Ekholm, I really don't want to know what we would have to give up to get one...

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
G - Jack, obviously
Sam played well
ROR in the 3rd
Lehner overall, those goals were on the D
Nolan's hit
Kane wasn't horrible
PP had some chances, good zone time

B- Gorges wasn't ugly
Girgs in the 2nd/3rd periods
Kane's penalty

(Po) U (liot)- Give him a 1-way bus ticket to Roch and hope he gets lost
4th line was terribad
Gorges was the best D IMHO, that's f-n ugly
PH does not seem like he has a fire inside.
This team (and board) is fragile right now.
Penalty Kill was atrocious. Benny Boy's spin-a-rama to let Doughy's shot through should be his last play in the NHL (but it won't be)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Not defending some of Housley's decisions, but i am starting to think our roster is garbage, that includes a lot of the core pieces. It's really early, but this year might be a wash. .

If ROR has actually lost a step, this team needs to trade him while his value is high.

Otherwise the $7.5M cap hit will be brutal

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
The more I watch the more I think needs to be done with this roster. Tavares seemed like an overkill idea before the season. After this, not so much.

Good:
Eichel- he's the franchise, he's a beast, and he deserves better.
Girgensons- he's the one guy that just seems to want to play a simple funadamental game, end up in the right spot and make the simple play.

Bad: literally everyone else. Especially the defensemen, Ristolainen is killing us as we're finding out that he's NOT a #1, and possibly not a top pair guy either.

Ugly: Housley, for putting Kane back with Eichel... WHY?!?!?!? If you do anything put Reinhart with O'Reilly, move Kane with Larsson and try that out! Don't break up the only good thing we've had going.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
We will continue to struggle badly if ROR can't do anything.

-Captain Obvious.
Let's see, players who haven't completely sucked so far this year:

Eichel and whoever is on his line
Reinhart
Lehner

So yeah, might as well add 90% of the team to your statement.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Jack could have had 4 points tonight easily.

Reinhart did some good things, despite looking like Bambi out there, how many times was he knocked on his ass?

ROR, Risto, and McCabe were a disgrace yet again.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
And I didn't even include Griffith being AHL filler for failing to convert on that gift Jack put on his stick. That's why Griffith is a 25 year old tweener and hold a place -- God knows for who -- at the NHL level.

I understand what Botteril is trying to do signing these tweener vets like Josefson, Poulliet, Griffith. He wants to keep the kids down in Rochester for a good portion, if not the whole season. But seriously, these guys just aren't cutting it. And when we already have scrubs like Moulson, and now ROR, OKposo, and Larson are playing terrible. It's just a giant mess.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Let's see, players who haven't completely sucked so far this year:

Eichel and whoever is on his line
Reinhart
Lehner

So yeah, might as well add 90% of the team to your statement.
looks like someone is sippin' on the aladdyn juice a lil too much with the reinhart statement. 0 points from a core offensive player is not good... it's atrocious

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
This team hasn't had more than one line rolling at a time in half a decade. Wishing for RoR to produce is just asking for Eichel to slump.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Still willing to give this team time, I don't think anything is going to look solid until at least game 20. Look at Nashville last year. Unless we don't win at least 20-25 of the first 42 then I'm not stressing at all. That being said...

Ryan O'Rielly just needs need to be better. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it. He's had bad puck luck but besides those 3-4 good chances has been completely invisible. Kane - Larsson needs to get a few looks.

There is also huge need in this organization for another top 3 Dman. And if Duchene wasn't enough to get Ekholm, I really don't want to know what we would have to give up to get one...
Of course, they've lost their first 5, so that means they have to win 20-25 of their next 37 to hit that mark. I'm not liking those chances.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
This team hasn't had more than one line rolling at a time in half a decade. Wishing for RoR to produce is just asking for Eichel to slump.

The sad truth really. Ror did have a little extra jump to his step tonight. I still think he is dealing with some sort of injury.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
looks like someone is sippin' on the aladdyn juice a lil too much with the reinhart statement. 0 points from a core offensive player is not good... it's atrocious
I didn't say he has been good, just not terrible. In perspective, a five game slump is not that bad.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I wonder if by game 10 Sam Reinharts 0 production will move even 1 apologist to the bad category.

The best player in the world that nothing is asked of. He’s treated like an undrafted college UFA around here. As long as he doesn’t fall down he’s so good.

I have to recheck every night because it seems impossible...but he was drafted second overall.

Reactions: ek93 and 1972

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I understand what Botteril is trying to do signing these tweener vets like Josefson, Poulliet, Griffith. He wants to keep the kids down in Rochester for a good portion, if not the whole season. But seriously, these guys just aren't cutting it. And when we already have scrubs like Moulson, and now ROR, OKposo, and Larson are playing terrible. It's just a giant mess.

The even shittier thing? No one did anything in camp to force the decision. No one.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Patience.

The rebuild is still on and will be for a while.

(U: Anyone who thinks Reinhart is actually on Jack's level.)

Reactions: 1972

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad