Hey Mods - Can we separate threads

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
I was wondering if it would be possible to separate the Trade rumours from the Proposals.

I dont care to sort through the proposals, which basically boil down to their wet dream of trades (aka Trade Neil for Kane)

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
If they were to be split then speculation (rumours) should at least have a link to some external source unless a HF member here has stumbled on some credible information but can't reveal the source (very few should qualify to use this option). While a few proposals are intriguing, most of the time the posts are just wild with no substance or reason and many even lack common sense.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i rather just keep it in one thread but have the mod update the title when a new legit rumour is up

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I like this proposal. Have a media-based rumor thread. Who cares if it goes quiet for a month. It will get brought back up when something goes down (just like the recalled/assigned threads, player discussion threads, Landsdowne thread, etc.)

Keep the chitty chat for the bedroom jbeck and Cat Herder.

There are others who think the idea is good too.. no need to belittle the topic.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
.......I fail to see the point......are the mods really gonna police another unnecisary thread just because ppl are too lazy to sift through excess posts.....

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
.......I fail to see the point......are the mods really gonna police another unnecisary thread just because ppl are too lazy to sift through excess posts.....

It's the difference between a stack of random papers on a desk, and those same papers neatly organized in a filing cabinet. The latter is more work, but well worth it. In theory it is no less reading for the mods.

..that's all I got. :help:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We have a spot where legit media rumors take place. It is on the main boards.

I do not see the point of creating a separate thread. One of two things will happen;

A) it falls deep through the pages and a new one is made for the same rumor because people are too lazy to search for the old one.

or

B) A rumor will pop up saying BM is in talks with GM Z over player X. People will start discussing what they would trade for player X making it no different than what we have now.

People make it sound like there are new rumors every day.
We are half way through the year now and we have had 2 rumors.
Murray wants a PMD and Del Zotto might be that player. Murray wants a vet top 6 forward and we do not know who he is targeting.
Why do we need a separate thread for that?

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
I think separating them is a great idea, I'm not into the trade proposals but I do like the rumors! Rumors should need some sort of link or something!

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
We could always separate the "TRADE SPEZZA!" stuff from the sane posts. That would usefully funnel people to the type of rumor thread they are looking for. Well, it would until Andy lets in a bad goal in a loss down the road.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We have a spot where legit media rumors take place. It is on the main boards.

I do not see the point of creating a separate thread. One of two things will happen;

A) it falls deep through the pages and a new one is made for the same rumor because people are too lazy to search for the old one.

or

B) A rumor will pop up saying BM is in talks with GM Z over player X. People will start discussing what they would trade for player X making it no different than what we have now.

People make it sound like there are new rumors every day.
We are half way through the year now and we have had 2 rumors.
Murray wants a PMD and Del Zotto might be that player. Murray wants a vet top 6 forward and we do not know who he is targeting.
Why do we need a separate thread for that?
Well then how about making the rumours/trade thread purely about trade proposals, and allow people to create a new thread for any new rumour that pops up?

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
It's true, nothing would change. I've gotten used to how it is....I check it once in a while for a legit rumor and pop in once in a while for some random trade discussion and talk about different proposals. At this point, it is what it is.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I don't see the need for two threads. If a rumour has legs, it tends to dominate that thread. When there aren't any credible rumours, it's mostly proposals. Seems fairly self-regulating to me.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
I don't see the need for two threads. If a rumour has legs, it tends to dominate that thread. When there aren't any credible rumours, it's mostly proposals. Seems fairly self-regulating to me.

I dont understand why you guys want them all in one place in the first place. Why not allow a realistic trade rumour thread from the media to have it's own thread.

WhiteLight*

I dont understand why you guys want them all in one place in the first place. Why not allow a realistic trade rumour thread from the media to have it's own thread.

They've already explained it. A rumour thread will end up like a proposal thread.

close this thread

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Honestly, it is easier to monitor when everything is under one thread.

People make threads all the time without checking to see if there was a page on the very same subject earlier. People think if it is not on page 1 of the forums it has fallen into oblivion or something.

I also get a lot less PM's "Why did you delete my post?" When in actuality their post was never deleted, they just forgot what thread they posted in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad