Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
A Bruins win shifts Cuthbert westward and saves us from Singh!

What ever happened to the days the NHL waits for round 1 to be over and round 2 starts after the completion of round 1?

Game 7 Stars/VGK and game 1 Rangers/Canes starting on the same day tomorrow..
Racing to end the playoffs. This is why starting in Oct and having the ASB sucks.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I think I'd rather Toronto actually pull it off for once. Them losing is just another "Yep. Toronto choked. Again." Boston doing it again after another year of kicking their opponent's ass for three games only to lose anyway would be funny.
Bruins losing is always a preferred outcome, the only thing that's interesting is if leafs lose it probably means big changes and more entertaining offseason.
I'd def rather watch the leafs panthers too.

Reactions: quat

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What ever happened to the days the NHL waits for round 1 to be over and round 2 starts after the completion of round 1?

Game 7 Stars/VGK and game 1 Rangers/Canes starting on the same day tomorrow..
NHL did not want an empty Sunday. So booked nYR and Car to ensure there was a game this weekend. Didn’t k ow if they would have a sat game until Thursday late evening EST.
If it was a We’d or something with no game I doubt the nhl books a round 2 matchup to fill in the date.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yuck. This is something I’ve always *hated* about the NBA. A ‘round’ is kind of a sacred thing to me.
unless you had an empty weekend time slot there was no reason to kickstart the next round until everyone was done.

I assume that on Friday before the Van/Nas game, the NHL made the announcement that CAR/NYR were going ahead on Sunday since they wanted a game on Sunday regardless. Would have been curious if they would have tried to put CAR/NYR on Sat had the leafs lost game 6.

But, it's the reality when you are scheduling game 7's on the weekend. No assurance series get to that game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After 2011.....how can you not be pulling for the Bruins and Marchand to do the old 'el foldo'?

I mean they have a shot at dubious NHL history.....the only team in back-to-back seasons to blow a 3-1 series lead. It sounds so good just to say it.

Last edited:
Reactions: quat, dez and Flik

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Either Toronto loses or Boston loses. Either way it’s a great night. Then time to watch Florida dismantle the winner next series. 😆

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Either Toronto loses or Boston loses. Either way it’s a great night. Then time to watch Florida dismantle the winner next series. 😆

And get this: If you think about it, Florida's best defense man and best forward are both contributed by our very own beloved village idiot.

What did we end up with? Adam "17 games" Clendening, and Olli "Ghetto Lidstrom" Juolevi.
🤣

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I want to drink some sweet sweet rat tears.
The only reason I want the Bruins to win is because when they get crushed the next round,
And get this: If you think about it, Florida's best defense man and best forward are both contributed by our very own beloved village idiot.

What did we end up with? Adam "17 games" Clendening, and Olli "Ghetto Lidstrom" Juolevi.
🤣
f*** Benning

Reactions: quat

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
I'm stuck watching US based feeds so I won't be getting Shorty either way. Go Leafs. f*** the Bruins, now and forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad