Hey Mods - Can we separate threads

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I don't see the need for two threads. If a rumour has legs, it tends to dominate that thread. When there aren't any credible rumours, it's mostly proposals. Seems fairly self-regulating to me.
How would you know if there's a credible rumour in there if you don't bother going to that thread to begin with?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
We also run into the problem of what is a credible rumor.

If Dreger, LeBrun, Garrioch, or MacKenzie tweet or right about a rumor, it gets discussed on the main page and in the trade thread. People will start making threads about some random garbage they saw on twitter and in doesn't add to the discussion.

You do not have to stay in the Ottawa sub-forums. You are allowed to visit other areas. The trade forums on the main page are always updated by legit rumors. They even allow Eklund if you are super bored.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Im surprised this made it to two pages.

Legit rumours are too far and between for a thread of their own

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I'd like to see this thread merged with the trade rumours and proposals thread. Technically its a proposal.

The Fuhr*

We have had 1 rumor all season... MDZ

A thread for just Rumors would be extremely boring

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I heard a rumour that the mods are actually thinking of splitting it into 3 threads EK4

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I heard a rumour that the mods are actually thinking of splitting it into 3 threads EK4

I am guessing these will be the three threads:
-A trade speculation thread
-A trade rumour thread
-A trade Spezza thread

;):sarcasm:

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
Old school folk here...it's not like there's a limit on threads, or that low action threads aren't worthy of creation. Funny too, since the longest, most trafficked threads are the least interesting to read.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
On another note but still on the topic of separate threads, why do we reuse the old "recalled / assigned" threads from last season .. case in point the "Stone Recalled" thread. What does him being recalled last year have to do with this season. I read through 10+ posts before realizing they were all in the spring 2013 then I had to go to the end of the thread and work my way back to find the 1st current post and then work my way forward. I can see that multiple re-assignments during the same season may have some common theme or interest but shouldn't the old recalled / assigned from previous years be closed and a new one started.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Old school folk here...it's not like there's a limit on threads, or that low action threads aren't worthy of creation. Funny too, since the longest, most trafficked threads are the least interesting to read.

but the mods move any new rumour threads into the mess that is the proposal thread.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
but the mods move any new rumour threads into the mess that is the proposal thread.

I know, I'm agreeing with you. I see no issue with a clean thread that is bumped occasionally when legit rumours crop up, even if it's once a year, rather than being lost in the shuffle of pie-in-the-sky proposals.

Merging is a messy issue on it's own, either the merged post falls by the wayside or it diverts the topic of an otherwise active discussion. I was fine with merging though because at least the chaos it can cause encourages people to post in the megathread in the first place rather than risk their proposal being missing the spotlight.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Since November 1st. 10 threads have been "moved"

Break down.

5 threads complaining about MacLean/Murray - Merged into 1 thread.
1 about line combos/juggling moved to line combo thread.
1 about Karlsson video moved Karlsson discussion thread.
1 about purchasing tickets moved to correct thread.
1 about MDZ rumor.

The last one about MDZ was merged by me. It was merged with the trade thread because we had 2 and half pages discussing that very rumor with links to sources. It did not warrant a separate thread at the time

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
i vote for two, its annoying have to scroll thru junk. Not sure what the big deal is for having two different threads, amongst the 721 other threads on the Ottawa board. No need to be all bureaucratic about it and have a commission set up to determine the functionality and feasibility of having two threads....lol

this is just a messageboard, people come on here for fun (minus the media types who come here for borrowing material), why not give the people what they want? :yo:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Are there even credible rumours anymore? Dreger used to seem like a credible guy but he throws out as much crap as eklund these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad