Post-Game Talk: HEY! It's Boyd Dever- Oh. It's Mark Arcobello

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Our entire fan base hates willie. We call him " 1,2,3,4" Willie, because he rolls his lines out like that.Gets out coached , doesn't adjust mid game and keeps bashing his head against a wall.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
This may not be a popular opinion. But I really like arcobello.

I think if given the opportunity he could be a 30 goal 50 point guy.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
I am a huge tank supporter this year, but it was almost impossible to cheer for a loss tonight. The guys gave their all - a well deserved win.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Babcock could take a junior B team and stuff a lot of NHL teams. Man, I would love to suit up for him.

Colin Greening, watch for him to be a big Babcock fave. Guy is very intelligent, went to UCC, and dying to play for us. Watch closely to the Babcock/Greening relationship to develop.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Surprised with the outcome but good on Leipsic! Leafs just dominated with a barely NHL group, Vancouver should feel ashamed.

mikebel111*

The tank can wait for 1 game. That was one of the best and cleanest defensive efforts I have seen from a Leafs team in I don't even know how long. Really proud of the team and excited to see some talent on this team soon.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Surprised with the outcome but good on Leipsic! Leafs just dominated with a barely NHL group, Vancouver should feel ashamed.

Wow they SHOULD feel ashamed. Basically more AHL than NHL beat them and they pretend to be in a playoff race. (Hard to mock that - feels familiar as a long time Leaf fan sigh,... 'nuff said).

One thing we can say for sure about this "new team at the start of a new regime"... can probably count on one hand how many times we have been "embarrassed/totally outplayed/mailed it in" this year. Really starting to feel the work ethic top to bottom.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
it's as if Gardiner has taken a leadership role and is playing more confident
rather than being the nervous kid that plays with phaneuf

My thoughts exactly. Kind of like the feeling of freedom, his offensive game just came to life.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
me too.
like i'm really glad that we won (so happy for Leipsic as well). it sits a bit better that Columbus won as well, so we're still where we are, so it's like a perfect situation. We win, we don't lose ground, the babies played great.
With the exception of Vancouver scoring the first goal, I would say the Leafs were a lot more dominate and their hard worked paid off.

I was also very happy for Leipsic because I think he gets overlooked and how many people said to call him up, because others and rightly so want them to call up William Nylander.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
As much as I am content to see the Leafs at or near the bottom of the standings for drafting purposes, I am not disappointed when they win gamesin this manner.

Granted, the Canucks didn't play their best, but the Leafs worked their sacks off and played a structured game. The powerplay where the Canucks couldn't enter the zone after many regroups in the neutral zone was a perfect example.

Though I know the Leaf team next year may be worse than this year (more "pain"), I am also cautiously optimistic that by adding some young skill to the structure and Babcock's teaching may produce better results quicker than anticipated. A few MSM-types (Bruce Arthur, i believe, tweeted about this possibility recently)

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I am a huge tank supporter this year, but it was almost impossible to cheer for a loss tonight. The guys gave their all - a well deserved win.
Totally agreed. The wisdom of teaching and implementing Babcock's system throughout all levels of play in the organization is going to pay huge dividends. They played well and they played hard tonight. I think that will increasingly be the norm now rather than the exception.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
Loved Leipsic's game, a pest that is constantly around the puck like an annoying fly.. Excited to watch him the rest of the year.

Also, thank you Jim Benning, for Frank Corrado. No clue on how he wasn't a fixture on your blueline, he's better than three of your defencemen.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
WOW @ what Babcock did with an AHL team. Imagine what happens when Nylander, Marner, Brown, Kapanen, Soshnikov, Timashov, unite behind skilled veterans like a Stamkos, JVR...

Such a weird season. So much losing yet I'm not in the least bit sad or disappointed because there is so much promise. And for the first time I can truly get behind the plan. I have much confidence in Shanahan, Lou and Babcock.

I can feel next season bubbling to a slow boil...once this team gets all the pieces together there will be no looking back. They're going to be a JUGGERNAUT.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Can someone please post the game in six I haven't seen one of those since January lol

Those are my favs..... or were my favs. If you missed a game you could watch the summary

I haven't visited leafs homepage in ages. Hockeydb killed every other site for me

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 5-2 win over Vancouver Saturday.

NCoRe

Dec 30, 2007
Seinäjoki
I fell'd asleep before the game so please could anyone give me some detailed analysis how did Greening played ? Cowen didnt play right ? I read few reports and they said Greenin was very good.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
After watching the effort from that lineup last night does anyone care if Lupul ever comes back from whatever injury he has this time? I certainly don't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad