Post-Game Talk: HEY! It's Boyd Dever- Oh. It's Mark Arcobello

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Player To Watch: Frank Corrado!

frank-corrado.jpg

- Frank Corrado was claimed off of waivers by the Maple Leafs from the Canucks earlier this season
- Corrado is one of the few who have had a successful road trip thus far, posting 2 assists against Calgary, and was +1 in a 5-2 loss against the Oilers

Expected Leafs Lineup

Leipsic - Kadri - Komarov
Holland - Arcobello - Parenteau
Winnik - Spaling - Greening
Clune - Froese - Boyes

Hunwick - Rielly
Gardiner - Polak
Marincin - Corrado

Scratches; N/A (Everyone is Hurt)

- Leivo is out, and Grabner is now confirmed to be out
- Reimer is likely in goal

Player To Watch: Bo Horvat!

10891934.jpg

- Bo Horvat is really coming into his own the past 10 games, posting 8 points (4 goals, 4 assists)
- Horvat has played the Leafs 3 times in his career, posting 1 assist in those games

Here is a Picture of Auston Matthews!

matthews.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This game has forfeit written all over it. Tankers dream game once again.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Normally I look forward to these games amd the Leafs can lose all season except these 2 games. This year is different. I hope the Canucks make a push for a first round exit from the playoffs and the catalyst is this game. If there's one fan base that deserves years of mediocrity and futility, it's Canuck fans. There are lots of Canuck fans out here who are embracing the tank and this can't happen.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
we need to lose in regulation. going 0-3 in the western road trip would be outstanding. no loser points please.

GLobello

Dec 1, 2015
Only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing the Canucks rock the flying skate throwback jerseys.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Feel better soon Cor, I was sick last week and know how it feels.

As for the game all I hope is not to hear Jim Hughson go crazy happy each time the Canucks score because you know how much he loves calling their games, especially if they are beating Toronto in Vancouver.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Vancouver just lost Edler and Sutter for the rest of the year.

These western Canada teams think they can out tank us... *****, please :laugh: Even a flu-ridden Cor is all we need to persevere.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seems whatever I had "broke" last night which is why it was so bad :laugh:

Woke up for work and feel better!

It's a sign for tonight! :laugh:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs-Vancouver Canucks: Saturday game preview

At age 35, Daniel Sedin leads the Canucks in scoring with 21 goals and 44 points in 54 games.

By: Dave Feschuk Sports Columnist, Published on Fri Feb 12 2016

ROGERS ARENA

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup:Morgan Rielly vs. Daniel Sedin.

In two games since the Maple Leafs traded away captain Dion Phaneuf they’ve surrendered a combined nine goals. To say Phaneuf’s absence has put additional strain on the remaining NHL defencemen would be fair. And the 21-year-old Rielly, a combined minus-5 in the past two games, has certainly been under pressure. At age 35, meanwhile, Daniel Sedin leads the Canucks in scoring this season with 21 goals and 44 points in 54 games. While he’s on a four-game pointless streak, he usually fares well against the Leafs, with 23 points in 24 career games.

Retro uniform: Saturday’s game will see the Canucks don their black flying skate sweaters, the ones they haven’t worn in some 20 years. The throwback touch is part of commemorating the 20th anniversary of Rogers Arena. The club wore the black and orange and yellow concoctions during their inaugural season in the building before switching to a blue-green-white colour scheme. Players from the era, among them Trevor Linden, Kirk McLean, Jyrki Lumme, Gino Odjick, Dave Babych and Cliff Ronning, are expected to be on hand to celebrate the moment.

Injured: The Canucks will be missing two key pieces as they make a push for a playoff spot, with defenceman Alexander Edler (foot) out six weeks and forward Brandon Sutter (broken jaw) out six-to-eight weeks. Both players were hurt in Vancouver’s 3-1 win at Colorado on Tuesday. The Canucks enter Friday’s games two points behind Nashville for the second wild-card spot in the Western Conference.

Up next: Monday at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs' Morgan Rielly welcomes these 'dog days'

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/12/leafs-morgan-rielly-welcomes-these-dog-days

LINEUP ON LIFE SUPPORT?

For a while, it looked like ‘Canada’s team’ would require a life line stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

After Thursday’s loss in Edmonton, when winger Josh Leivo was added to a long injury list, Toronto appeared to be below the minimum 20 players to take on the Canucks here Saturday. Two complications hindering reinforcements were the AHL schedule, which has the farm-team Marlies 41/2 time zones away in St. John’s, and a 4 p.m. local start against the Canucks to make the long trip even tougher for a call-up.

But no new players were summoned Friday afternoon. Nazem Kadri, scratched Thursday with what looks like a lower leg injury, practised at Rogers Arena. Michael Grabner, who blocked a power-play shot the night before, stayed off the ice and was limping a bit and will be re-evaluated Saturday morning.

The only player Babcock said would sit for sure was Leivo, who exited soon after scoring his second goal in as many games. Jared Cowen is the seventh defenceman, but the team is reluctant to start him until his hip condition is treated more intensively.

Mad Brills*

Ah, it's the annual canucks fans get very angry over a 4PM home start game time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad