Line Combos: Hey HFOil, Help Out Our Pro Scouts! Long Term Wingers For McDavid and Draisaitl

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Rakell is someone who I’ve always wanted but he’s 3 years removed from his best hockey, but that ducks team is just bad.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Rakell is someone who I’ve always wanted but he’s 3 years removed from his best hockey, but that ducks team is just bad.

Like I'd be interested there too, but Anaheim has to be reasonable as well, this is not Rakell from 3 years ago anymore and once the season starts he's a pending UFA, so basically a rental player.

They can't be asking for the moon there.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Guys like Hyman, Coleman, and Goodrow. Maybe Schwartz too, if he's not too expensive.

Players who can play in the top-6 and still be effective in a 3rd line role when Holloway is ready to step in there.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Anthony Duclair is another guy I'd probably look at, likely willing to take a 1 year deal and get McBoosted.

Reactions: iCanada

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Zetterberg still has a cap hit? Shows as a UFA.

Tatar, Hoffman, Shwartz or Landeskog for left wing

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Anthony Duclair I think can add some speed and skill and I think he is looking to score a big money contract, if he can get some time with McDavid or Draisaitl that could be the ticket for him.

He's faster and more skilled than Kahun and probably Yamamoto also.

If you can get him on a one year like 2.5-3 million, I'd do it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Rakell would put up huge numbers with Draisaitl.

Maybe. He's had quite a few injuries and hasn't hit 20 goals in a long time though.

So I guess what is the ask there. I would do Klefbom + Benson for Rakell + 3rd round pick or something. If Klefbom plays, they get a decent D, if he doesn't they get LTIR money saving for their ownership which I think they're probably cool with.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think Sam Reinhart would be a great fit. Someone I’d be willing to move Yamo for.
Reinhart would be a great add as a Nuge replacement. Can play rw or center in a pinch, younger and better than RNH. I’d easily trade Yamo + 1st for him if he would take 7x7.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I guess I suggested two buy-low guys who are great for the bottom six rather than McDavid/Draisaitl:

Filip Forsberg has to be the perfect fit for those guys. One year from UFA.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Duclair, Danault, Shwartz, Rakell

You go all out or gtfo outta here Holland.

This is our last chance with McDavid and Leon.

Do not sign RNH, get rid of Kassian any way you can, Get rid of Chiasson.

Find a way to purge koskinen.

Reactions: Messrules11

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Keep RNH, I still like him with Drai. Puljujarvi is a good fit with McDavid. So imo we need 2 top-6 wingers long-term, maybe 1 if Yams can rebound from this sophomore slump. So I'll focus on McDavid's LW. Doesn't need to be a super fast guy but needs to have decent skating. Needs to have a nose for the net, some grit/physicality to his game, good passing, and a good shot. Ideally someone who can more than carry his share defensively. Basically we need a Holloway. Now, if he's not ready for top-6 duty, as he likely won't be for an year or two, we're looking at acquiring a similar player short-term. Who is that? No idea with our cap constraints, etc. Landeskog seems perfect but the Avs will re-sign him.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Reinhart would be a great add as a Nuge replacement. Can play rw or center in a pinch, younger and better than RNH. I’d easily trade Yamo + 1st for him if he would take 7x7.

So you trade a young middle-6 winger and a 1st for a Nuge replacement and sign him 7x7 instead of keeping your young 2nd liner and simply re-signing Nuge at 6x4 or something like that? Seems like horrible asset management, thank god you're not our GM.

Now you're left having to both replace Yams at 2RW and also find another top-6 LW. Plus you've lost a first.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Anthony Duclair I think can add some speed and skill and I think he is looking to score a big money contract, if he can get some time with McDavid or Draisaitl that could be the ticket for him.

He's faster and more skilled than Kahun and probably Yamamoto also.

If you can get him on a one year like 2.5-3 million, I'd do it.

Duclair is a RFA.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
I find this very puzzling that I see Landeskog's name popping up. Yea, he is UFA but you don't honestly believe he's leaving Colorado to come here?? It's just odd for me to see him leave after winning the Presidents Trophy with Colorado and dip out on a cup contending team. :huh:

He's captained in Colorado since he was 19 and played for 10 seasons including that horrific season when Bednar took over. Maybe its just me but I don't see him leaving Colorado with the roster they currently have. They don't have issues shedding salary to resign him long term either, guys like Saad, Calvert, and Bellemare could be gone to make cap space for him.

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'll be honest I don't think they can fix everything in one year. Especially at the rate Holland works at which is slow and he hasn't added much of yet.

Maybe they are better off going with shorter term options and waiting for potentially a Forsberg to become available at the 2022 trade deadline and then going in all the way on that.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Look for break through players. Young up n coming young players. If needed dangle Nuge in thisbtrade. Though I think centers with top 6 upside is a value to keep. Its extremly hard to aquire a center those days. Often there will be an overpayment that hunts far ahead of the aquired players declining

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad