Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2016-17 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So any word on why the top 2 kids for Washington are healthy scratches for Hershey?

Bowey was horrendous Wednesday night which is probably why he came out of the lineup. Vrana had a bad game Wednesday too and Mann publically called him out in the post game presser. The call out was warranted because Vrana looks very disinterested on the ice. That high compete level just hasn't been there this year for whatever reason and he isn't making progress in the defensive zone, which is why he's out of the lineup.

Also could add O'Brien to the list of healthy scratches which I disagree with. He was stuck on a line with Gustafsson and Gazely on Wednesday and they had zero chemistry. Mann needs to chill out with playing his boys and dress the best lineup if he wants to win game 5

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Vrana scratched again for Game 5. Ballsy if they lose this one.

O'Brien back in for Gustafsson and Walker moves to center to fill the void. Vrana should be in the lineup for one of Gazely/Ryan Bourque. Those two are the same exact player.

Siegenthaler steps out of the lineup for Bowey and Williams stays in but as a LD. Changing the lineup so much just screams panic and I won't be surprised at all if they lose this game

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Galiev give them the lead. 1-0 after 10 minutes.
Happy for Galiev, after press box years in WSH, he finally can scores goals and play

Edit: Thomas make it 2-0

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Btw, Providence wins the series against WBS. So if Hershey wins, they will have the home ice, but after 2L at home, not sure is a good thing :sarcasm:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Chocolate Hockey just tweeted that Bowey came out to start the 3rd without the full face shield he's been wearing since his injury. Pulling a little Logan Couture move there

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Unfortunate, but I am not too surprised about Bowey. A lot of games out due to injury and only getting a handful of games prior to the playoffs.

Jun 15, 2007
Is it fair to say Bowey might end up as one of those all the tools except a brain players?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Is it fair to say Bowey might end up as one of those all the tools except a brain players?

Yes for sure. He has all the tools and the perfect size to be a stud NHL player but he hasn't made great strides this year after the major injury. Before the injury Bowey was playing to his potential but has been terrible since. It's tough to be thrown into the fire of trying to secure a playoff spot and then the playoffs after missing a ton of games due to ligament damage. Next year is definitely a make or break year for him to focus on playing better in his own end and getting PP time

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Hey all, red wings fan coming in peace haha, but from the Lancaster area and a big Bears fan. I was curious if any of you know of any active places to discuss the Bears besides here. I used to visit pennlive but doesn't seem like it exists anymore as far as fan forums go. Any help?

Side note, please come back and beat pitt.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hey all, red wings fan coming in peace haha, but from the Lancaster area and a big Bears fan. I was curious if any of you know of any active places to discuss the Bears besides here. I used to visit pennlive but doesn't seem like it exists anymore as far as fan forums go. Any help?

Side note, please come back and beat pitt.

I stumbled upon HF a few years back when Pennlive went to ****. I haven't found any other boards besides this one to talk Bears. There were a few other regular Bears fans that posted here but most have vanished over the past year. It seems it's just me and LetsGoBears for the most part.

The only other place I know about is some Facebook group that some people I know are apart of. No idea what it's called since I'm not a huge Facebook guy but I think it's a private group. A lot of die hard a apparently post and ***** in there

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So our best forward prospect is a head case that is being benched during the playoffs for essentially being a disinterested brat, and our best defensive prospect has all the tools and no toolkit to put them in? That about sum up Vrana and Bowey?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So our best forward prospect is a head case that is being benched during the playoffs for essentially being a disinterested brat, and our best defensive prospect has all the tools and no toolkit to put them in? That about sum up Vrana and Bowey?

Yeah I'm sure Vrana's play has to do with Carey get the call up over him. He hasn't taken the demotions well and isn't committing to play defense which isn't going to fly with Troy Mann. I'm hoping he takes it as a learning moment and lights up Providence this series because the Bears need that.

I'm not willing to give up on Bowey just yet. He suffered a major injury and was playing good hockey before that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad