Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2016-17 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
One final tidbit before bed. The Bears brought back Pilon and signed Lucas Johansen (LuJo?) to ATOs to add depth. Mann said he wanted Pilon to come back because of losing Stephenson and not knowing what exactly the plan is with him. He was also not impressed with Gustafsson and said he couldn't keep up with the fast pace of the LV series. Pilon could play Saturday if Stephenson isn't returned.

As far as LuJo goes, Mann said the plan wasn't to bring him in to watch. He's expected to be inserted into the lineup to see what he's got once he gets up to speed with the Bears systems.

That Hershey LD chart next year could be Ness, Djoos, Siegenthaler, Johansen. Wow.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Given that he will have to pass through waivers, I see Djoos as a likely trade candidate, ala Sami Lepisto.

Good point. He also could make the Caps if he has a good camp. He has definitely gotten a lot better since I first saw him at the beginning of last season. Plus there's a ton of uncertainty surrounding this Caps team and their offseason plans

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What are Djoos's main strengths and weaknesses? I don't watch Hershey at all but I'd hate to see him denied an opportunity with the Capitals because of his size and that's the main knock on him from what I recall.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I just don't see much in Djoos' game that's NHL level. His size is obviously a knock, but I don't think he's mobile enough to have his mobility be a real advantage in the NHL ranks. He doesn't look like a true PPQB at the NHL level, either. Obviously his offensive totals are impressive enough that he's got something going for him, and deserves an extended look in the pre-season to see if he can produce those kind of results at the NHL level, but I'm skeptical he will succeed at the next level. Seems like a 7/8D or quality Euro player, to me.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bears sucked and lost 3-1. Gave up 2 SH goals in the span of 56 seconds. Their pp looked ugly and they just looked flat. Stephenson had to be shifted to D on the 3rd when Williams and Gilbert didn't come back from the locker room. Their status is up in the air for today. Lineup changes are expected. Vrana got back in. I thought he had a pretty good game and was hustling and keeping possession of the puck. Mann called his game "average" which I think is unfair

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
First home win for Hershey this postseason. 3-2 in OT.

Bowey with his first, Boyd with his first in OT and Djoos scored the 2nd goal to tie the game with 2:30 left in the 3rd.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So apparently Randell has been suspended by the AHL for a game for an illegal check to the head. I'm speculating that it was against Gilbert or Williams who both were out for game 2. I believe it was on Gilbert on a play when Gilbert made a pass and Randell hit him up high late but I could be wrong.

The Bears announced that Williams is out with an upper body injury for the duration of the Providence series at least

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey down 1-0. Currently being out played and out shot 22-5. Copley has single handily kept them in the game and it's sad. Vrana seems to have been benched after taking a penalty in the first. Clearly there's some friction between him and Troy Mann that needs resolved. Mann just trying to get something going and changing up the line combos.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Any word on what's going on with Vrana?

"Upper body injury" was what was told to the play by play guy.

As far as his play goes, I just think he's disinterested at this point. It's definitely a mental thing because he has all the tools to be an NHL regular just doesn't want to play D for a coach that asks players to make a commitment to playing a 200 ft game

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Chris Bourque with a snipe in OT on the PP to give Hershey the series lead 2-1. Copley saved 39 of 40 shots and absolutely should be the #1 star. Hershey stole that game for sure but glad they came out on top. Adding Carey will give them a much needed offensive boost if he comes down

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Copley goes down in the crease in pain and immediately starts calling for the trainers. Providence scores in an empty net to make it 2-1. Seems a bit ridiculous they wouldn't blow that off right away. Waiting on some video to see what's going on since I'm not watching tonight.

By the way. Shots 30-8 Providence after 2 periods of play

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Copley goes down in the crease in pain and immediately starts calling for the trainers. Providence scores in an empty net to make it 2-1. Seems a bit ridiculous they wouldn't blow that off right away. Waiting on some video to see what's going on since I'm not watching tonight.

By the way. Shots 30-8 Providence after 2 periods of play

Did they count the 2nd goal on that play?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Did they count the 2nd goal on that play?

They did, and there was no reason not to as the goal was scored before Copley appeared injured. He would not have made the save even if he was fine, he was way out of position with his own guys blocking him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad