Hershey (AHL) and South Carolina (ECHL) 2016-17 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey Bears

Opening Night Roster

Coaches: Troy Mann (HC), Reid Cashman, Ryan Murphy

Captains: Garrett Mitchell (C), Chris Bourque (A), Zach Sill (A)

2 Tyler Lewington D
4 Madison Bowey D
5 Christian Djoos D
7 Darren Dietz D
10 Dustin Gazely RW
11 Zach Sill C
12 Nathan Walker LW
13 Jakub Vrana LW
14 Ryan Bourque LW
15 Travis Boyd C
17 Chris Bourque LW
18 Christian Thomas RW
19 Riley Barber RW
20 Liam O'Brien LW
21 Chandler Stephenson C
22 Stanislav Galiev RW
24 Brad Malone C
25 Colby Williams D
27 Aaron Ness D
28 Paul Carey LW
30 Vitek Vanecek G
32 Hubert Labrie D
33 Joey Leach D
35 Joe Cannata G
36 Garrett Mitchell RW

AHL vets: Chris Bourque, Ryan Bourque, Aaron Ness, Zach Sill, Brad Malone
Exempt vets: Garrett Mitchell

South Carolina Stingrays

Opening Night Roster

Coaches: Ryan Warsofsky (HC), Steve Bergin (AC)

6 John Parker F
11 Scott Tanski F
16 Steven McParland F
17 Rob Flick F
19 Kelly Zajac F
20 Mads Eller F
21 Dylan Margonari F
22 Patrick Gaul F
23 Nick Bligh F
26 Alex Gacek F
28 Andrew Cherniwchan F
40 Domenic Monardo F
51 Trevor Gillies F

2 Danny Federico D
3 Colton Saucerman D
4 Nick Neville D
27 Wade Epp D
42 Steve Weinstein D

35 Parker Milner G
47 Adam Carlson G

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Signings

Hershey

NHL Contracts:

F: Riley Barber, Travis Boyd, Chris Bourque, Paul Carey, Brad Malone, Garrett Mitchell, Liam O’Brien, Zach Sanford, Chandler Stephenson, Zach Sill, Christian Thomas, Jakub Vrana, Nathan Walker

D: Madison Bowey, Darren Dietz, Christian Djoos, Tyler Lewington, Aaron Ness, Jonas Siegenthaler

G: Joe Cannata, Vitek Vanecek

AHL Contracts:

F: Ryan Bourque, Dustin Gazely, Domenic Monardo, Dylan Margonari (rumored)
D: Hubert Labrie, Joey Leach, Colby Williams

South Carolina

Signings:

F: Joe Devin, Trevor Gillies, Patrick Gaul, Steven McFarland

D: Wade Epp, Danny Federico, Evan Moore, Marcus Perrier, Alex Pompeo, Colton Saucerman, Steve Weinstein

G: None

Free Agents

Signed Overseas: Mike Moore (Fischtown Pinguins, DEL), Sean Collins (Kunlun Redstar, KHL)

Signed Elsewhere: Carter Camper (New Jersey Devils/Albany Devils, 1 year), Justin Peters (Arizona Coyotes/Tucson Roadrunners, 1 year), Ryan Stanton (Colorado Avalanche/San Antonio Rampage 1 year), Caleb Herbert (Texas Stars, 1 year), Erik Burgdoerfer (Buffalo Sabres/Rochester Americans, 1 year), Austin Fyten (Texas Stars, 1 year)

UFA: Mark Dekanich, Dan Ellis, Bobby Shea

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
AHL adds more penalties for fighting. A gamer for a staged fight. A game suspension for 10 fights. A 2 gamer for the 14th fight.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Updated to reflect the Sanford signing.

I'm wondering if the rush to sign Sanford was due to them expecting a C from Hershey to make the Caps.

Last edited:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Think it's more to lock him up now instead of him going to the market

That's one way to look at it.

The other is that they had planned on DiPauli signing and 2 of DiPauli, Stephenson, and Boyd being the top 2 centers in Hershey with the other getting time with the Caps.

Sanford could have been plan B/plan C when they realized DiPauli wasn't going to sign a deal and a lot of the top tier AHL UFAs were scooped up in the first couple of days.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Will he play Designated Warm-Up like he did with the Bears?

That was sad to see. I really liked Mike. He didn't get a fair chance IMO and was a great guy off the ice. I know Camper's play in the postseason drove Moore to the bench, but I thought he deserved to get a few playoff games in. It wasn't like Stanton had that great of a post season that he couldn't have come out of the lineup

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
That was sad to see. I really liked Mike. He didn't get a fair chance IMO and was a great guy off the ice. I know Camper's play in the postseason drove Moore to the bench, but I thought he deserved to get a few playoff games in. It wasn't like Stanton had that great of a post season that he couldn't have come out of the lineup

Agree - I don't think a shake-up with him in the lineup would have hurt. If you remember, he was the odd man out the previous season also.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Looks like Bryan Helmer is getting promoted to VP of Hockey Operations. Expect the announcement to be made on Thursday, according to local news reports in Harrisburg

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Looks like Bryan Helmer is getting promoted to VP of Hockey Operations. Expect the announcement to be made on Thursday, according to local news reports in Harrisburg

I wonder if GM will also be part of the job?

What local news reports are you seeing this at? Hershey Bears news in central PA has almost completely dried up starting late in the season.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I wonder if GM will also be part of the job?

What local news reports are you seeing this at? Hershey Bears news in central PA has almost completely dried up starting late in the season.

Here is what ABC27 reported:
The Hershey Bears are expected to name current assistant coach and former team captain Bryan Helmer the franchise’s new Vice President of Hockey Operations.

Gregg Mace reported Tuesday that a Thursday morning press conference is where the Bears will formally name Helmer VP, as he essentially replaces Doug Yingst. Yingst has served as the team’s General Manager and President and is retiring.

My guess is that they are splitting the GM duties to two positions, one hockey related (Helmer) and another business related (HERCO employee?)

Brody

Jan 15, 2016
From: http://lancasteronline.com/sports/i...cle_10ca2a80-4f7f-11e6-a8e6-57d4a19dbc6f.html

"We've tried to model Bryan's position after those of other American Hockey League franchises,'' said Bill Simpson, President and CEO of Hershey Entertainment and Resorts. "Most of the other franchises have a VP of hockey operations and a VP of business operations. Since our company runs the business operations, we decided to hire a VP of hockey operations.''

You called it HB11.

Congrats to Bryan

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
From: http://lancasteronline.com/sports/i...cle_10ca2a80-4f7f-11e6-a8e6-57d4a19dbc6f.html

"We've tried to model Bryan's position after those of other American Hockey League franchises,'' said Bill Simpson, President and CEO of Hershey Entertainment and Resorts. "Most of the other franchises have a VP of hockey operations and a VP of business operations. Since our company runs the business operations, we decided to hire a VP of hockey operations.''

You called it HB11.

Congrats to Bryan

:handclap: :naughty:

I kind of figured that's what would happen considering Yingst was a special case. I believe Doug started out with the Bears in a marketing type role so that's why he was GM of the whole club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->