Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2013-14 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Tough to blow that one after taking a late lead.

What's up with Caps recalling LeBlanc? Do they really need to take him away from Hershey in the middle of a playoff push to fill in during an optional practice with one meaningless game left on the schedule?

No clue and I was wondering the same thing. LeBlanc hasn't played in awhile so maybe they knew he wasn't going to play for the Bears and wanted to give him a shot with Washington as a reward for consistent play this season?

Lurch

Apr 11, 2011
Central PA / Central Florida
I hope it's just for a paycheck and Washington cleared it with Hershey first. Otherwise , it is kind of a bs move since Caps are out and Hershey is playing for their life. Most NHL teams help their AHL club after they are out, this is strange.

Unless it was a paycheck bonus for LeBlanc assuming he wasn't going to play and cleared with Yingst, this is not going to go over well with Bears mgmt. They are still upset about them not papering down Carrick and Orlov.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
For those of you who've seen his first few pro games, how'd you rate Herbert's upside (blatant keeper league question is blatant)?

SoulessGingerCapsFan

Jul 5, 2013
I hope it's just for a paycheck and Washington cleared it with Hershey first. Otherwise , it is kind of a bs move since Caps are out and Hershey is playing for their life. Most NHL teams help their AHL club after they are out, this is strange.

Unless it was a paycheck bonus for LeBlanc assuming he wasn't going to play and cleared with Yingst, this is not going to go over well with Bears mgmt. They are still upset about them not papering down Carrick and Orlov.

I'm betting its just because he wasn't playing a prime role for Hershey's playoff push and the caps needed a warm body for the line up. Better to take up a scrub like Leblanc than affect anyone in the core lineup in Hershey.

Last edited by a moderator:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Great win by Hershey. Grubauer played one of his best games all season and stopped all 41 shots he faced. Byers with a great game and the OT winner. The game wasn't a score fest but it had a nice playoff atmosphere.

I like Herbet. He adds much needed speed to the lineup and isn't afraid to go to the net and score a dirty, gritty goal. Made some nice plays over the course of the game and really shows a high hockey IQ.

It's now up to the Bears to finish off Norfolk in their own building and solidify a playoff spot.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Brouillette and Leblanc reassigned to Hershey but no Strachan and Wey? I figured they would all be sent down together.

I think Wey's still injured. Not sure why Strachan's still up, unless it has something to do with him being left out of Fan Appreciation Night (i.e. they're keeping him on the roster until that gets sorted out).

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
IINM Strachan needs to clear waivers before being assigned. Wey wasn't expected to play for a while anyway so it'll probably happen at some point but no rush.

What about Tom Wilson? He's eligible to be assigned, no? Even if they feel he's an NHLer it could be good additional experience for the guy. After a full NHL season under his belt he ought to be able to go down there and play with a lot of confidence.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
IINM Strachan needs to clear waivers before being assigned. Wey wasn't expected to play for a while anyway so it'll probably happen at some point but no rush.

What about Tom Wilson? He's eligible to be assigned, no? Even if they feel he's an NHLer it could be good additional experience for the guy. After a full NHL season under his belt he ought to be able to go down there and play with a lot of confidence.
Was Wilson even on the clear day (if they even still do that)?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They do but since he wasn't eligible to be assigned to the AHL while the NHL season was still going, did he need to be put on it? Now that both Washington's and Plymouth's seasons are over, he should be eligible to be assigned there but maybe I'm not aware of some technicality.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I guess Strachan can sell his jersey on Ebay now. Maybe the plan to waive him is why he was skipped yesterday. Awkward.

Wait, why is George allowed to make any moves?

Ted is dragging his feet while George is flexing his muscles. Sure Teddy is in over his head but at some point a freeze needs to be put in place if he indeed is replacing George.

When do GMs contracts run out.... end of the season, playoffs, after the draft? I read this as he is not getting fired.

Clearly his contract has not run out. Seeing as so few of players want to play here, we should keep anyone that does including 6/7 types like Stachan until we can get someone better.

EDIT I assume this George's doing but now realize its in the Hershey thread.

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Nobody is going to claim Strachan. He's a useful player for Hershey. This isn't a big deal, and no GM inheriting the position will care about it. It's not like GMGM is making lame duck trades.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Spoke to Scott Stuccio, Bears broadcaster and he said Wilson would not be heading to Hershey. Didn't elaborate on the reason.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Mike Vogel ‏@VogsCaps 1m
Defenseman Tyson Strachan has cleared waivers and will join AHL Hershey Bears for final three games of reg. season, and hopefully playoffs.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
He is not eligible. Not sure of why he is not eligible, but he told me the same thing.

It's because he was on Washington's roster all year long. I made this thread in the Business of Hockey section and got some feedback about the situation. Just falls under an odd circumstance that I wish the league would take a look at to change.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Galiev and Flemming reassigned to Reading today. I'm surprised that Galiev hasn't gotten more ice time, especially with this Hershey team not having a solid offensive contributor. I hope he can bounce back next season and live up to the expectations that he had coming out of St. John's. The emergence of Herbet and the additions of Brown and Stephenson must have set him back a little bit. I could see Walker being sent down next, but I'm not entirely sure how the ECHL playoff roster works.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's because he was on Washington's roster all year long. I made this thread in the Business of Hockey section and got some feedback about the situation. Just falls under an odd circumstance that I wish the league would take a look at to change.
Thanks for making that. Makes sense. It's why Edmonton can't just assign Yakupov to Oklahoma for instance and stack their roster for the playoffs.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Will be at the Bears-Admirals game Friday. Haven't really followed these guys at all since Hershey is pretty far away.

Anyone I should keep an eye on outside of Latta, Grubs, Wey, Schilling, Schmidt, etc.?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Will be at the Bears-Admirals game Friday. Haven't really followed these guys at all since Hershey is pretty far away.

Anyone I should keep an eye on outside of Latta, Grubs, Wey, Schilling, Schmidt, etc.?

Wey most likely won't be playing, but you have hit the prospects that should be playing in the game. Don't forget about Herbet. He could be in the lineup depending on who is injured. Veteran wise I would watch Newbury and Byers. Byers is very physical and arguably the best captain in Hershey since Dean Arsene. Newbury is an in your face type of guy that has sneaky playmaking abilities and isn't afraid to drop em either.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Thanks for making that. Makes sense. It's why Edmonton can't just assign Yakupov to Oklahoma for instance and stack their roster for the playoffs.
Yeah I guess if you look at it from that POV it makes more sense. It still would be nice to have him. He'd fit right in with the current roster :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad