Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2013-14 Season

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Bears win 3-2 in Portland. Kris Newbury with the game winner and his first for the Bears. Hershey now sits in 8th place in the conference and one point ahead of Norfolk who has a game in hand. Saying every game from here on out is important is an understatement.

Liberati0n*

If you were watching, how did Herbert look? Was he lucky to get his points or was he impressive?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
If you were watching, how did Herbert look? Was he lucky to get his points or was he impressive?

I didn't get to watch but was listening to the game. Stuccio tweeted that Herbet's goal was a backhander from about 10 feet out that went five hole. It sounded like he was impressive and brought some added energy by the way Stuccio talked during the game. Herbet got his assist on his 2nd AHL shift.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
As pointed out, Norfolk was idle last night. Both teams have three games this week, so I'll see where we are on Monday morning.

Did seem like Herbert added a little something to what's already seeming like a juiced team. Looking forward to the weekend games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Good luck to Hershey. I used to play in the Hershey Thanksgiving Tournament every year and I loved the area, arena, etc. Was really happy to see they became our affiliate and I have to get up for a game some time.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Still ninth, though. Gotta win tomorrow while Bears fans root for the Penguins & Phantoms (UGH!) along with the Pirates and WolfPack.

Doing the Bingo-Springfield run next weekend - looking really hard at that Norfolk trip in 11 days.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hershey wins again tonight 5-4. Latta with the game winner. Newbury went 2+2 with a fight for the Gordie Howe hatty. Norfolk and Albany lost so Hershey keeps 8th for tonight and is only a point out of 7th with a game in hand on Albany.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Joe Finley was a -5. :laugh:

A bit fortunate with so many NYI prospects called up.

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78
Nice weekend for the Bears, though that B'Port game was a lot tougher than it should've been. Newbury was terrific last night; hope he's gearing up for a playoff run.

Huge weekend coming up. Norfolk has another 3 in 3 on the road, visiting Providence, Worcester & Portland. Albany's at home all weekend, hosting Bridgeport, Providence & Syracuse. The Bears have a tough weekend, as they play a home and home vs. Binghamton with a Springfield trip sandwiched in between.

bhigo59

Oct 8, 2007
Congrats to Reading Royals for clinching the Eastern Conference for the second year in a row...

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Jason Guarente ‏@JasonGuarente 51s
Royals coach Larry Courville said during ownership press conference today he has had discussions about adding Flyers as an affiliate.

Which Flyers is he talking about? USHL?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Jason Guarente ‏@JasonGuarente 51s
Royals coach Larry Courville said during ownership press conference today he has had discussions about adding Flyers as an affiliate.

Which Flyers is he talking about? USHL?

I assume he's talking about Philadelphia. According to wiki, there are eight ECHL teams with multiple NHL/AHL affiliates (and a few independent teams). The Flyers ended their affiliation with Greeneville in December, and currently have no ECHL affiliate. The Phantoms are moving to Allentown next season, so location wise it makes a ton of sense.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I assume he's talking about Philadelphia. According to wiki, there are eight ECHL teams with multiple NHL/AHL affiliates (and a few independent teams). The Flyers ended their affiliation with Greeneville in December, and currently have no ECHL affiliate. The Phantoms are moving to Allentown next season, so location wise it makes a ton of sense.

Don't think so given

Jason Guarente ‏@JasonGuarente 2h
Royals hope to keep and enhance their affiliation with Washington and Hershey.

Edit: Oh, multiple NHL affiliates... that's interesting.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Don't think so given

Jason Guarente ‏@JasonGuarente 2h
Royals hope to keep and enhance their affiliation with Washington and Hershey.

Edit: Oh, multiple NHL affiliates... that's interesting.

Yeah he means the Philadelphia Flyers. I wondered about that with the Phantoms moving to Allentown. It would make sense and would bolster the Reading lineup with having both Hershey and LV players but you would have to wonder about chemistry, systems, etc.

bhigo59

Oct 8, 2007
Yeah he means the Philadelphia Flyers. I wondered about that with the Phantoms moving to Allentown. It would make sense and would bolster the Reading lineup with having both Hershey and LV players but you would have to wonder about chemistry, systems, etc.

Kinda makes sense from the standpoint of location. In baseball Reading is affilated with Allentown (Lehigh Valley) and the Phillies.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Hershey loses in OT 5-4. Albany won in regulation so Hershey doesn't move in the standings.

Tough to blow that one after taking a late lead.

What's up with Caps recalling LeBlanc? Do they really need to take him away from Hershey in the middle of a playoff push to fill in during an optional practice with one meaningless game left on the schedule?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad