Here's why Quenneville still sux

Would you swap out Joel Quenneville for Bill Peters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I agree. A drunken CHIMP could coach this talent to a better record. And the many Post 2009 N00bs come back with, "We got 3 Cups." Well, with Hawks talent-laden squads in the past 8 years, they should have won at least 5 Cups, maybe 6. Wet Brain Q shudda been run outta town after they lost to LA in 2014 playoffs. Hawks were FAVORED team that year.
ref the bold, i love this visual scene....a drunken chimp. i love it.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
So, "slumping" Edmonton (thanks ESPN!) lost in regulation to Philly. What a loaded roster they've got that badly outshot the country club.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Here are the starts with Q as coach.

17-18: 5-4-2
16-17: 10-3-1
15-16: 6-3
14-15: 5-2-1
13-14: 9-2-3
12-13: 21-0-3
11-12: 8-2-3
10-11: 5-2-1
09-10: 7-3-1
08-09: 7-3-3

He should be making adjustments that produce wins right about now. It's something to keep an eye on if you're someone who wonders if the league has caught up to him.

Reactions: RayP

needle

Apr 30, 2012
I agree. A drunken CHIMP could coach this talent to a better record. And the many Post 2009 N00bs come back with, "We got 3 Cups." Well, with Hawks talent-laden squads in the past 8 years, they should have won at least 5 Cups, maybe 6. Wet Brain Q shudda been run outta town after they lost to LA in 2014 playoffs. Hawks were FAVORED team that year.

I love Hawks fans that think just because you have a talented team that you should win the Cup. As if there aren't a half dozen equally talented teams that want to win the Cup too.

The reality is if you want 3 Bears titles you have to go back to 1946, if you want 3 Cubs titles you have to go back to 1907, if you want 3 White Sox titles you have to go back to 1906, and if you want 3 Bulls titles you have to go back to 1996. The Hawks? Just go back to 2010. That's not something to be discarded, it's something to be cherished.

Reactions: Sir Loin

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Stop living in the past. Cherish the 5-0 drubbing by the Avs with over half of the game to go.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
3 SC's wins. well that is and will go down in the history of the Bhawks org. the question will be if many fans remembers or will a scathing book come out on this time of overwhelming moves of indelible screw up by the FO. one major one being the Salary Cap screw ups and not seeing the how to manage a team and an org that got the team JUST 3 SC and wasted the talented laden team.

Last edited:

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
The core goes 0-5 on PP in a 6-3 loss. Quenneville has no answers.

MacKinnon came into the game with 5 pts total. Cha-ching, 3 more points tonight, with 1 more relinquished since he tried to dish the ENG to a teammate.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
There's no point in having Keith on the pp or with an extra attacker. All of the offense he can provide is on the rush, and he doesn't even do that anymore whether he just doesn't have it or it's by scheme.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
There were a couple here before the season started who brought up advanced stats and said the Hawks were going to struggle.

The Hawks started the season like gang Buster's.

Now, reality sets in and those who used advanced stats were bang on.

Q needs to go. It's unavoidable now.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Love the take that you are a better fan because you cherish the past SC finals wins. You don’t think we all enjoyed watching those with friends and family?

The point of sports is to win, and in this league with the salary cap, you need to win while you have an opportunity to do so, because as soon as your talented players are making assloads, you really really have to draft well or sign well.

I want to put my favorite team in position to succeed every season. Not just enjoy the last cup win in 2015. It’s not being a greedy fan, it’s how f***ing sports works.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The team is simply not professionally prepared to play and hasn't been for a while.

How often does the team get smoked early, at home? Unacceptable.

The PP is a joke. Unacceptable.

The Q system is exposed as no system at all. Unacceptable.

When they play a lot of games, they're tired. Unacceptable.

When they have a light schedule, they're rusty. Unacceptable.

Unacceptable hockey from my hometown team.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
with 12 games played and many fans are on a war path, do the org makes a move to stop the loosing and / or change the makeup of the team ?? another thought would be, the season is still early and what many here is panicking, with the idea that the team will right itself .. is this a fair assumption that the org needs to have ?? if a move needs to be done, is it the players, esp on defense that needs the change or is it the coaching ?? maybe it is the FO that needs a flip ??

which of the above needs to be done ??

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Ready to give the drunken chimp a shot, see what his philosophy is when it comes to the power play.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Ready to give the drunken chimp a shot, see what his philosophy is when it comes to the power play.
too bad i am not an artist , i would love to have a picture of a chimp, in a hawks jersey holding a clip board in one hand, head-sets on and a flask in the hand.... behind the bench of players.

Capslock17

McDaigle
Mar 25, 2009
Connecticut, USA
As an outside unbiased hockey fan, I always thought Q was a middling mediocre coach. Then he went to Chicago and fast forward to now national announcers praise him as some sort of genius, a HOF coach, the job he'd done in CHI etc. but I don't think coaches just suddenly become "good".

Methinks he just sort of game managed (to steal a NFL phrase) great rosters put forth by management and sort of let them do their things, to the extent a coach can

Again, I'm an unbiased non Blackhakws fan so feel free to tear my opinion to shreds :)

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
As an outside unbiased hockey fan, I always thought Q was a middling mediocre coach. Then he went to Chicago and fast forward to now national announcers praise him as some sort of genius, a HOF coach, the job he'd done in CHI etc. but I don't think coaches just suddenly become "good".

Methinks he just sort of game managed (to steal a NFL phrase) great rosters put forth by management and sort of let them do their things, to the extent a coach can

Again, I'm an unbiased non Blackhakws fan so feel free to tear my opinion to shreds :)

I'd give you a jillion likes but am limited to 1!

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010

If you call [over]playing your top players a ton "game-manage", yeah. The top Chicago forwards and D-men always seem to have far higher average TOI under Quenneville than most, if not all other, teams, in spite of Quenneville's preaching of preferring to "roll four lines". In the rare moments when rolling four lines did become a reality, such as when Hino and IIRC Motte were on the roster, it was derailed shortly thereafter and never reinstated again (Anisimov injury? long break between games?)

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If you call [over]playing your top players a ton "game-manage", yeah. The top Chicago forwards and D-men always seem to have far higher average TOI under Quenneville than most, if not all other, teams, in spite of Quenneville's preaching of preferring to "roll four lines". In the rare moments when rolling four lines did become a reality, such as when Hino and IIRC Motte were on the roster, it was derailed shortly thereafter and never reinstated again (Anisimov injury? long break between games?)
thank you for reinforcing my opinions.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
too bad i am not an artist , i would love to have a picture of a chimp, in a hawks jersey holding a clip board in one hand, head-sets on and a flask in the hand.... behind the bench of players.

IMG_0248.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad