Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
If anyone is still optimistic my hat is truly off to you.

Man this sucks. No permanent damage is good news to be sure.

Hank and McDonagh come back for game three. The team rallies around the return of our best players as we go on to win four straight.

Please?

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Anyone who watched the Blues/Hawks game last night knows the Rangers are not in the talent class necessary to win these days.

Particulary on defense, which looked awful. Not enough speed or size up front. Organization too reliant (again) on "name" players way past their prime (Nash, E. Staal).

Overall, still lots of very good players but need some young big fast newcomers (look at how JT Miller has become a real force).

And, BTW, Lundqvist looked quite shaky BEFORE the accident.

Picked Pens in 5, may well be in 4. Rangers organization needs to stop kidding themselves that they have a contender and start reloading.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Hope the bit about it not being permanent is good to hear. Hopefully that's true. Hellberg being recalled is concerning though given AV's comments about Hank being reevaluated today. I thought maybe he didn't return due to swelling during the intermission, but it did look like he mouthed something about not being able to see out of it to Rammer.

Wasn't real confident before, but if Hank is out, we're cooked.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this team has some holes defensively for sure

namely dan girardi is awful. his corsi numbers are terrible and he doesnt pass the eye test either. he's just bad.

the rest of the defense is passable to solid. not having mcd hurts.

however, this teams inability to finish and score goals- when the effort is there and they are outplaying their opponent, really hurts. outplaying and not outscoring is not outplaying. this has become this teams achiles. inability to score eventually results in losses.

in fact, inability to score results in losses and then we hear "we didn't play that bad" or "got unlucky" or worse, "I'm not that unhappy with this loss really, it was a good loss- we played well and just needed a few more bounces". we hear all of that which really says, we played, cant score and lost.

weve heard that all season. thats what losers say.

the offense (inability to score goals) or lack thereof has, is and continues to kill this team and ultimately will be responsible for our failure.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
As long as Hank is healthy in time for next season's tickets renewal notice going out, this organization is worried about nothing.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
this team has some holes defensively for sure

namely dan girardi is awful. his corsi numbers are terrible and he doesnt pass the eye test either. he's just bad.

the rest of the defense is passable to solid. not having mcd hurts.

however, this teams inability to finish and score goals- when the effort is there and they are outplaying their opponent, really hurts. outplaying and not outscoring is not outplaying. this has become this teams achiles. inability to score eventually results in losses.

in fact, inability to score results in losses and then we hear "we didn't play that bad" or "got unlucky" or worse, "I'm not that unhappy with this loss really, it was a good loss- we played well and just needed a few more bounces". we hear all of that which really says, we played, cant score and lost.

weve heard that all season. thats what losers say.

the offense (inability to score goals) or lack thereof has, is and continues to kill this team and ultimately will be responsible for our failure.

They bury a goal or two against an unproven goalie in that first period it's an entirely different game. Instead all I hear is that zatkoff is an amazing goalie and our forwards did all they could to score. How about actually scoring when it matters . Yes the defense has regressed big time we know that but their inability to score that big goal has always haunted this team in the playoffs

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm not worried. it's not like an NHL goaltender needs to use his eyes or anything

daredevil-142012.jpg

I mean, he does (or at least did) live in Hell's Kitchen :naughty:

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
A lot of people thought this organization's curse disappeared in 1994. I'm not so sure that's true anymore.

I remember when Sam Rosen said "This one will last a lifetime!" I cringed as the hockey God's may have taken him seriously.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
Does that mean hank is definitely out for game 2?
If its a corneal abrasion takes about 1-3 days to heal. Could it be a last minute decision or does the call up of hellberg mean hank is definitely out game 2?

True it takes 1-3 days to heal, however there is usually corneal swelling associated that affects vision for a little longer. As an eye doc, I think it is more than likely that he doesnt play Saturday.

parcsalooc

Jul 27, 2010
possible corneal abrasion. Cloudy vision. Will wear a patch while resting to let eye heal.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I'm curious why. All this team has shown this year is that they are significantly worse than the last two years.

Doesn't really matter what they did in the regular season, because after so many long years they stopped trying their best until the playoffs. That's a far cry from being 100% confident though, I think the Rangers odds of beating the Penguins in 7 is around 50-50. The defense and the coaching are major problems

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
True it takes 1-3 days to heal, however there is usually corneal swelling associated that affects vision for a little longer. As an eye doc, I think it is more than likely that he doesnt play Saturday.

sorry I don't mean to lol but there's an actual eye doctor Rangers fan on the board lol

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
possible corneal abrasion. Cloudy vision. Will wear a patch while resting to let eye heal.

It's better than a detached retina. I thought I had one 5 years ago...not fun.

If it is indeed a corneal abrasion, Lundqvist will be out Saturday at least. Monday may be a stretch.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Girardi or Boyle needs to sit and McIlrath should play(or both when Mac comes back). Would give us a better chance to win. It would never happen with AV as coach. I have more faith in 6 and 76 than 5 and 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest