Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Doesn't really matter what they did in the regular season, because after so many long years they stopped trying their best until the playoffs. That's a far cry from being 100% confident though, I think the Rangers odds of beating the Penguins in 7 is around 50-50. The defense and the coaching are major problems

I don't buy it. We are not the Kings. No other team has shown the ability to flip a switch like them.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I would Bolieve in Raanta if and only if the $7m+ club started scoring some damn goals.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Worrying. But I like our chances against Zatkoff regardless. He is simply put, mediocre, and we should be able to solve him. Raanta or Henrik's play will NOT be the downfall of the Rangers 2015-16. Goaltending rarely is our problem these days..

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Worrying. But I like our chances against Zatkoff regardless. He is simply put, mediocre, and we should be able to solve him. Raanta or Henrik's play will NOT be the downfall of the Rangers 2015-16. Goaltending rarely is our problem these days..

Who says Zatkoff even gets another start? Last night was the opportunity to get an early jump in the series and the Rangers blew chunks.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Geeze. talk about doom and gloom around here. You would think the Rangers are going for a lottery pick or something. (This place might actually be sunshine and rainbows if that were the case actually)

I thought the Rangers played better than the Pens through 60 minutes of Game 1, but they couldn't get shots through the maze of Penguins as they collapsed to protect Jagoff. Give them credit. But its 1 game for crying out loud (why does someone always have to say this?)

As far as Hank goes he was doing just fine before the injury. And even if he's out, Raanta and the Rangers team can definitely put together a win or two until Henrik returns. Hell, they could win the series with Raanta in net. He's a capable goalie.

I'll be the first to tell you that im not expecting a cup run with this team but Ill never give up and say its impossible. I feel like they could lose this series in 5 or 6 or win it in 5 or 6. Let it play out. If you want to give up fine, don't watch then!

:p:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Geeze. talk about doom and gloom around here. You would think the Rangers are going for a lottery pick or something.

I thought the Rangers played better through 60 minutes of Game 1, but they couldn't get shots through the maze of Penguins as they collapsed to protect Jagoff. Give them credit. But its 1 game for crying out loud (why does someone always have to say this?)

As far as Hank goes he was doing just fine before the injury. And even if he's out, Raanta and the Rangers team can definitely put together a win or two until he returns. Hell, they could win the series with Raanta in net. He's a capable goalie.

I'll be the first to tell you that im not expecting a cup run with this team but Ill never give up and say its impossible. I feel like they could lose this series in 5 or 6 or win it in 5 or 6. Let it play out. If you want to give up fine, don't watch.

I wish..

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Its almost cruel that this group, who is quite clearly getting one more run (a longshot one at that to begin with) gets injuries to their 2 best players right as the playoffs start.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Its almost cruel that this group, who is quite clearly getting one more run (a longshot one at that to begin with) gets injuries to their 2 best players right as the playoffs start.

Unless we get bounced in this round before McDonagh and Hank can come back, and the FO chalks it up to injuries at a bad time, and it's more of the same next season...

:scared:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Unless we get bounced in this round before McDonagh and Hank can come back, and the FO chalks it up to injuries at a bad time, and it's more of the same next season...

:scared:

That was a somewhat valid excuse last season after a president's trophy and game 7 of the ECF.

This season? Not so much.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Very cruel. I mean take anyone else honestly . By far the two most important players on this team. I guess losing a stepan or brass would be huge but not as huge as those two especially against a Pitt team that's scored 4 goals or more in something like 11 of their past 15 games

StateOfHexcellence

Mar 31, 2016
Ashes of Pattison
coming in peace. King's injury is very reminiscent of how Bernie Parent had to retire due to a similar injury to his eye. He got the stick blade through the eye hole. Henrik's cat eye cage holes look a bit larger than the standard norm of those cages. I wish and hope Henrik recovers and is ok and can continue. That play sure looked scary from seeing it on TV.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
coming in peace. King's injury is very reminiscent of how Bernie Parent had to retire due to a similar injury to his eye. He got the stick blade through the eye hole. Henrik's cat eye cage holes look a bit larger than the standard norm of those cages. I wish and hope Henrik recovers and is ok and can continue. That play sure looked scary from seeing it on TV.

I thought of this last night as well but with Parent, I think it was Don Maloney's stick that clipped the eye of Parent. That was due mostly to the old mask that Parent was wearing. It sounds like it wasn't as bad for HL but eye injuries are very scary.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Geeze. talk about doom and gloom around here. You would think the Rangers are going for a lottery pick or something. (This place might actually be sunshine and rainbows if that were the case actually)

I thought the Rangers played better than the Pens through 60 minutes of Game 1, but they couldn't get shots through the maze of Penguins as they collapsed to protect Jagoff. Give them credit. But its 1 game for crying out loud (why does someone always have to say this?)

As far as Hank goes he was doing just fine before the injury. And even if he's out, Raanta and the Rangers team can definitely put together a win or two until Henrik returns. Hell, they could win the series with Raanta in net. He's a capable goalie.

I'll be the first to tell you that im not expecting a cup run with this team but Ill never give up and say its impossible. I feel like they could lose this series in 5 or 6 or win it in 5 or 6. Let it play out. If you want to give up fine, don't watch then!

Sometimes I think that some of these "Ranger fans" would be happier rooting for Edmonton or another team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in six years that has some "young budding superstar" who scores 13 goals a season, but is puffed up by the clueless sunshine broadcast crew on their local Fox Sports channel when they get five minutes on the XM hockey channel.

If this site existed in 2000 Pavel Brendl would have been hailed as the second coming of Gretzky and Gordie Howe combined.

Some of these folks have no idea what 1998 through 2004 was like and think that everyone can just tank a season and next thing you know Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury show up on your roster.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
I was around and around way before it. They Rangers did it all wrong then. They were bad but never bad enough. They never tanked, they were just bad. If they had done the tanking thing maybe we would have gotten a few stars in those drafts.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Parent's injury was WAY worse than Lundqvist's. Can't even compare the two.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sometimes I think that some of these "Ranger fans" would be happier rooting for Edmonton or another team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs in six years that has some "young budding superstar" who scores 13 goals a season, but is puffed up by the clueless sunshine broadcast crew on their local Fox Sports channel when they get five minutes on the XM hockey channel.

If this site existed in 2000 Pavel Brendl would have been hailed as the second coming of Gretzky and Gordie Howe combined.

Some of these folks have no idea what 1998 through 2004 was like and think that everyone can just tank a season and next thing you know Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury show up on your roster.

I've been a fan since the early 90s...I'm aware of the decade of darkness...this isn't nearly as bad...but still, I go into every game expecting the team to lose and being surprised when they win...it hasn't been that way in a long time...last few years it was just the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad