Injury Report: Henrik Lundqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
No permanent damage, I am sure he's sporting a shiner...if I had to guess I would say he plays Saturday.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Does that mean hank is definitely out for game 2?
If its a corneal abrasion takes about 1-3 days to heal. Could it be a last minute decision or does the call up of hellberg mean hank is definitely out game 2?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
If its a corneal abrasion takes about 1-3 days to heal. Could it be a last minute decision or does the call up of hellberg mean hank is definitely out game 2?

I don't think it's definite. They don't have practice today, so I am sure he was recalled as a precaution in case he can't practice tomorrow.

I am thinking less cornia abrasion, and that he was hit more in the corner of the eye. Probably some swelling and a shiner. He very well could be ready for Saturday, but we will know more in a little while, AV addressing the media today at 11:15am.

Not going to worry TOO hard just yet...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

We don't know. AV and a few players are talking with the media in ~45 minutes, so we'll likely know more then. There is bound to be a few questions about the Hank/Hellberg situation.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't think it's definite. They don't have practice today, so I am sure he was recalled as a precaution in case he can't practice tomorrow.

I am thinking less cornia abrasion, and that he was hit more in the corner of the eye. Probably some swelling and a shiner. He very well could be ready for Saturday, but we will know more in a little while, AV addressing the media today at 11:15am.

Not going to worry TOO hard just yet...

Thanks

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We don't know. AV and a few players are talking with the media in ~45 minutes, so we'll likely know more then. There is bound to be a few questions about the Hank/Hellberg situation.

True I could imagine it being like what Sullivan did with fleury. Everyone being tight lipped until
Game time

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled goaltender Magnus Hellberg from @WolfPackAHL

OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled goaltender Magnus Hellberg from @WolfPackAHL

:help:

BarbaraAlphanse

Im saying that this is the same eye injury, but I suspect it's probably very close. When I saw younger, one of my friends thought it would be funny to rip a piece of bark off a tree, stick it behind my head, then ask me to turn around with the piece of bark ready to hit me in the face. What ended up happening was that another friend tripped into me at the same time I was turning and my head went down with force, the bark going right into my eye. I had a very similar reaction. Shock pain, which was just heavy stinging. And my eye lid wouldn't allow itself to be opened.

Any time I go to an eye doctor now, they'll always bring up the fact that I have a big scar, actually on my eye ball. From what I understand, the bark hit me on the eye lid (also have a scar on my eye lid).

The recovery wasn't grueling. But I was supposed to wear an eye patch for a week and take eye drops every so often for 2 weeks.

I took the eye patch off after 4 days. I was able to see, but I had a blue tint to my vision for a while.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's unable to go Saturday but came back Tuesday.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Its not like we had a shot this year anyway, so losing Hank for the series in NBD, lets him rest up for the offseason and see if our team can do anything without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->