Rumor: Hearing the Blues big names are on the block, "everything is open, even Vladimir Tarasenko"

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
ROR & Tank are pretty much exactly what our forward core needs to become cup caliber, but I don’t even want to imagine what the pair of them would cost. So given the shade that got thrown around between ROR & EJ after the trade let’s leave that dual pipe dream be.

Tarasenko for the Ottawa pick + Timmins + a top 10 protected 2020 1st; if STL goes full rebuild?

Compher would be a great fit next to Tank and between Jost, Kaut & Kerfoot, we should be able to round out that line and keep Tank surround with enough speed & skill to feast on the opposition they’d face. Plus adding him & (next season) Makar to our PP would turn it into an utterly dominant force.

The sens are 5th in pt% IIRC, with two of their best players expiring & potentially being traded away at the deadline, letting the blues double their odds at lotto love this spring. Timmins is back on the ice again and though not quite a bluechipper, is a high level RHD prospect. Plus an extra late first.

No idea what their FO has in mind, but if they’ll sell for futures, how bout you give Joe a call...if not ROR or Tank, I’m sure the team would be interested in Schenn as well; given that he’s already part of the MacKinnon & Barrie bromance.

Edit:
Though if you were down to move both ROR & Tank for futures and the hatchet had been buried; I’d offer both 1sts this year, Timmins, Jost or Kaut, and a conditional 2020 1st that becomes a 2nd if we don’t reach the WCF :naughty:

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
ROR & Tank are pretty much exactly what our forward core needs to become cup caliber, but I don’t even want to imagine what the pair of them would cost. So given the shade that got thrown around between ROR & EJ after the trade let’s leave that dual pipe dream be.

Tarasenko for the Ottawa pick + Timmins + a top 10 protected 2020 1st; if STL goes full rebuild?

Compher would be a great fit next to Tank and between Jost, Kaut & Kerfoot, we should be able to round out that line and keep Tank surround with enough speed & skill to feast on the opposition they’d face. Plus adding him & (next season) Makar to our PP would turn it into an utterly dominant force.

The sens are 5th in pt% IIRC, with two of their best players expiring & potentially being traded away at the deadline, letting the blues double their odds at lotto love this spring. Timmins is back on the ice again and though not quite a bluechipper, is a high level RHD prospect. Plus an extra late first.

No idea what their FO has in mind, but if they’ll sell for futures, how bout you give Joe a call...if not ROR or Tank, I’m sure the team would be interested in Schenn as well; given that he’s already part of the MacKinnon & Barrie bromance.

Edit:
Though if you were down to move both ROR & Tank for futures and the hatchet had been buried; I’d offer both 1sts this year, Timmins, Jost or Kaut, and a conditional 2020 1st that becomes a 2nd if we don’t reach the WCF :naughty:

Sellers always get more value by splitting up the assets in different deals. No exception here.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Lmao your out to lunch

Nylander and a 1st is more than fair for both sides

Call me crazy, but practically speaking, it really should be Nylander straight up for Parayko.

Yeah, Parayko is cheaper, but Nylander is younger and comes with more years of cost control.

That being said, as a Leaf fan, I'd include Toronto's 1st in this deal if the Blues sent Maroon over with Parayko.

From a blues perspective, can't help but think that may be a really good deal for them as well... they've got the foundation at centre with ROR/Schenn/Thomas/Bozak/Barbashev, but as a group, they're more "2-way centres" than they are potential high end offensive. They've got some solid reliable left wingers in Perron, Schwartz, Steen, and on the right, only 1 high end offensive guy in Tarasenko.

A guy like Nylander would really complete that group, and be a great fit alongside either of ROR/Schenn.

From a defensive standpoint, it does create a hole forsure, but they'd still have Pietrangelo, Dunn, and Edmunson.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I like #4. I really like the idea of Carlo and DeBrusk as the foundation for a Tarasenko deal.

And that is going to be very controversial in Bruins land. People value Carlo all over the place and it’s the one deal that leaves a big gaping whole in the Bruins lineup.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Call me crazy, but practically speaking, it really should be Nylander straight up for Parayko.

Yeah, Parayko is cheaper, but Nylander is younger and comes with more years of cost control.

That being said, as a Leaf fan, I'd include Toronto's 1st in this deal if the Blues sent Maroon over with Parayko.

That seems like a good deal for both sides to an outside fan.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
For anyone looking to get a Parayko or Tarasenko from the Blues, think of assembling a trade with one or two pieces going the other way.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sellers always get more value by splitting up the assets in different deals. No exception here.

Thus my first paragraph about ROR & Tank being a pure pipe dream. :laugh:

OTT 1st + Timmins + top 10 protected 2020 1st for Tank alone; was the serious suggestion.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Thus my first paragraph about ROR & Tank being a pure pipe dream.

OTT 1st + Timmins + top 10 protected 2020 1st for Tank alone; was the serious suggestion.
Value is interesting but would hate to see Tarasenko in division.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina

From a blues perspective, can't help but think that may be a really good deal for them as well... they've got the foundation at centre with ROR/Schenn/Thomas/Bozak/Barbashev, but as a group, they're more "2-way centres" than they are potential high end offensive. They've got some solid reliable left wingers in Perron, Schwartz, Steen, and on the right, only 1 high end offensive guy in Tarasenko.

A guy like Nylander would really complete that group, and be a great fit alongside either of ROR/Schenn.

From a defensive standpoint, it does create a hole forsure, but they'd still have Pietrangelo, Dunn, and Edmunson.

Please point to a deal where a tweener #1/#2 defenseman was traded for a tweener #1/#2 Winger straight up. With Pietrangelo being out the last few games, Parayko has elevated his game even more and continues to prove that he is closer to a #1 than a #2.

If Parayko is going to the Leafs for Nylander, there is definitely a 1st+ coming back the other way. Your argument about cost control years is also nonsense. That's also potentially more years that Nylander could be overpaid if he continues to the play at the pace that he's been on this season. Right now, Parayko is the cheaper and better player. You aren't going to a get a 1 for 1 deal unless it's Marner or Matthews coming back, and we all know how Leafs fan's feel about those two types of deals.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I don’t think Bracco/2nd is needed

Nyl, Liljegren, 1st sounds about right
I agree. This sounds about right value wise. The Blues get a little bit extra for trading a player in a much more valuable position and taking on a slightly overpaid contract and TO gets a young, top 4 RHD on a good contact.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
that's like two packages worth Parayko rolled into one. Blues are the desperate team, they won't get an overpayment like that

I don’t think you understand desperation. We are desperate to win, not to rebuild. That being said, I see no reason in hell why we would be “desperate” to trade Parayko within the next couple of years. If you want us in desperation mode wait to see what happens at next years tdl with Schenn/Pietrangelo if they aren’t extended before then.

If we were to take a desperation trade it would more than likely be on one of Steen/Bouwmeester/Bozak. All of which I’m not sure if they have any value due to contract term causing a bit of a mess when trading them.

Reactions: Weiss1604

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad