Rumor: Hearing the Blues big names are on the block, "everything is open, even Vladimir Tarasenko"

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Liljegren + 2019 1st + Andreas Johnsson + Carl Grundstrom + Joseph Woll + 2019 3rd for Pietrangelo + Bortuzzo + 2019 5th

Trade Zaitsev for a bag of pucks for all I care just get the contract out.

Rielly - Pietrangelo
Gardiner - Bortuzzo
Dermott - Ozhiganov
Hainsey - Holl

Blues get a great d prospect, a Mid 6 Player with Top 6 Potential, A Prospect with at least mid 6 potential, A hot goalie prospect and some nice picks

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Liljegren + 2019 1st + Andreas Johnsson + Carl Grundstrom + Joseph Woll + 2019 3rd for Pietrangelo + Bortuzzo + 2019 5th

Trade Zaitsev for a bag of pucks for all I care just get the contract out.

Rielly - Pietrangelo
Gardiner - Bortuzzo
Dermott - Ozhiganov
Hainsey - Holl

Blues get a great d prospect, a Mid 6 Player with Top 6 Potential, A Prospect with at least mid 6 potential, A hot goalie prospect and some nice picks
Yeah, that isn't remotely close.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Previously touted article on this by JR is now online. Basically he says Blues may or may not make trade, have to wait and see. Petro or Tank might be available, but no way to know. And the return could be a star or multiple pieces, he has no idea. When called out in comments for over-hyping this weak sauce, he says it's newsworthy that they might be considering doing something and that his article telling us nothing advances the narrative of what he clearly has no clue could be coming. So there's that.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Previously touted article on this by JR is now online. Basically he says Blues may or may not make trade, have to wait and see. Petro or Tank might be available, but no way to know. And the return could be a star or multiple pieces, he has no idea. When called out in comments for over-hyping this weak sauce, he says it's newsworthy that they might be considering doing something and that his article telling us nothing advances the narrative of what he clearly has no clue could be coming. So there's that.

JR and Korac are notoriously bad at responding to even fair and calm criticism. They immediately get defensive and go into Tough Guy mode. I don't know if they learned that move from some lousy baseball writers or what, but I wish people would start ignoring them or that some seriously good hockey writers could create some competition in the city. But we live in a world in which Strickland can work his way into a TV job, so probably don't even bother crossing your fingers.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I don't think Tarasenko is going to have as much value as many people think. He has a very long and expensive contract. His play is on the steady decline the past year and a half. Some players get old quick. It happens once in a while. He just turned 27. He'll be closing in on 30 before you know it and his game is all about speed and shooting. When he loses a step, he's the kind of player that will drop off quick. Then probably go hide in the KHL. I figure on a new team he might have a couple of good years left. Av's seem like a nice fit. Maybe something like Tarasenko for Jost, Greer and Ottawa's first. Should start Blues rebuild.
Tarasenko will be "closing in on 30" in 3 years. Get the f*** out of here lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
JR and Korac are notoriously bad at responding to even fair and calm criticism. They immediately get defensive and go into Tough Guy mode. I don't know if they learned that move from some lousy baseball writers or what, but I wish people would start ignoring them or that some seriously good hockey writers could create some competition in the city. But we live in a world in which Strickland can work his way into a TV job, so probably don't even bother crossing your fingers.
Korac is so much worse though.... he post some Twitter rant to get likes and his backers in the fight.

That article from JR was just so Meh...so he got a Meh. Whatever, as far as I know he's not paid per article so he just wrote it put something out and reinforce the fact NO ONE has any idea what Armstrong is doing other then Armstrong.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Weak sauce

Reactions: Blueston

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
Andy my suit is way to big for me must be a hand me down strickland

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I don't think the Bruins have the juice to pull off a trade for Tarasenko but man, he fixes everything. They'd need to send money back this year to even fit him under the cap, though, and I'm sure the Blues can get better without doing that.

I'd be willing to give up pretty much anyone or a combination of anyone. Debrusk, Studnicka, Carlo, Gryz whoever, whatever combination.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I don't think Tarasenko gets moved. This is merely saying the Blues are taking calls on it. I doubt anyone pays what they would want. It could happen, but I don't see it

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't think the Bruins have the juice to pull off a trade for Tarasenko but man, he fixes everything. They'd need to send money back this year to even fit him under the cap, though, and I'm sure the Blues can get better without doing that.

I'd be willing to give up pretty much anyone or a combination of anyone. Debrusk, Studnicka, Carlo, Gryz whoever, whatever combination.
That seems like should put you in ballpark.

Weiss1604

Mar 27, 2017
Wales
When you sit back & take in all the actual facts & what has actually been said this whole Shenanigans has been started by fake news from the Canadian media to try & assist it's beloved teams most pressing need , ulterior motives at work here Ladies & Gents .....

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Korac is so much worse though.... he post some Twitter rant to get likes and his backers in the fight.

That article from JR was just so Meh...so he got a Meh. Whatever, as far as I know he's not paid per article so he just wrote it put something out and reinforce the fact NO ONE has any idea what Armstrong is doing other then Armstrong.

I too gave him a "meh" rating on that article. It was summed up as I don't know what is happening, probably nothing, but if something did, this could occur, or maybe it won't occur. It was a lot of paragraphs of baseless speculation to keep his word count up for the week.

Reactions: Dbrownss

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins need to send back either Krug or Backes in a Tank deal. (SEE EDIT AT BOTTOM OF POST) For it to be Krug, STL would have to value him as a positive asset and have it not just be swapping salaries. That "value" could be "worst case we can flip him for a Shattenkirk type return" or he could be someone that is part of the long term solution.

I would think DeBrusk would have to come from Boston's side for sure as the primary young piece. DeBrusk is our 22 year old Jayden Schwartz and is the big get.

Beyond that, I would think anyone aside from Pasta or McAvoy would be on the table, its just finding the right grouping for both sides.

When thinking about a specific proposal, I was drawn towards including higher character "could wear a letter on his jersey" sometime kinda guys given where STL is at right now in that department. In Boston's system (outside of the aforementioned Krug, Backes and DeBrusk who all qualify) that makes me think of Studnicka and Frederic. Both seem to have #2C ceilings, but the Bruins brass seems to be hoping one of them pulls a Krejci/Bergeron and bumps past their ceiling. I would think one of those guys would be an ask for STL, with the 20 year old Frederic maybe being the favored as the hometown boy.

I also would think Carlo could be of interest to STL if they are looking to deal one of AP or CP. Carlo doesn't have the offensive upside of those guys, but he has been playing in the top 4 of one of the top few defensive teams in hockey since he was 19 years old. He is very good and still growing and improving. He is a weird one in that he could just be what he is (a big RH #4 defensive D that can skate) or, at 22, could have another level. Really hard to put a value on him.

Other notable 22 and under guys in the Boston system include:

Vaakaneinen - LD - smooth smooth skating defensive minded two way guy that Bruins hope is McAvoy's long term partner. Played a few games for Boston this year before he got an elbow to the head. Has been out since then. I would think DeBrusk + Vaak + Krug would be too much for Boston to swallow. Near NHL ready.

Zboril - LD - been playing top pairing in AHL before he was also upper body injured on a high hit. Great skater. Nasty. Doesn't seem to have the offensive upside hoped for at the draft. Near NHL ready.

Lauzon - LD - man Bruins have a lot of LD. Less skilled than the two above, but still has 2nd pairing upside. Has good size and looked good as a complimentary D man in his time in Boston this year. Defensive leaning two way D. Near NHL ready.

Bjork - LW/RW - Another very good skater. Kind of in the "too good for AHL, not quite NHL ready" tweeter period. He is 22 and looks like a top 6 forward some shifts and then you forget he was playing. Top 6 upside and near NHL ready.

Donato - LW - Great shot. Good offensive instincts. Found scoring in the AHL easy. Has looked a step behind at the NHL level. Been a disappointment so far this year.

Heinen - LW/RW - Cerebral two way guy. Think Loui Eriksson style game. 47 points as a rookie last year. Slow start this year, but picking it up now. Not big or fast. Just smart. Can play against or with anyone.

Senyshyn - RW - He will always get some side eye in Boston because he isn't Barzal or Connor. But, after being asked to play in the bottom 6 last year in a defensive role to get rid of his cherry picking ways from Jr, he has been at a goal per game pace the last few weeks in the AHL. He is big and he is very very fast. Could make a push for the team later this year, but certainly next year.

JFK - C - Two way probably #3C with some creativity to his offensive game. Plays at a slower pace and thinks the game a lot. Playing #3C in Boston now and seems to have solidified that spot. Might have enough offense for #2C, but he will have to learn how to play with more pace as he isn't Krejci good at slowing things down.

So here are a few specific offers to choose from!

DeBrusk
Krug
Frederic
Lauzon

DeBrusk
Vaak
Backes
Frederic

DeBrusk
Carlo
Backes
Lauzon

edit: actually, if we wait until closer to the TDL, the Bruins could make the deal without moving Krug or Backes. Which kinda leaves the specific proposals above moot.

Last edited:

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
In Tarasenko's first two years in the league he had 29g-33a-62 points in 104 games. Debrusk, who broke in at the same age, has 26g-29a-55 points in 98 games. Considering Debrusk is still on an ELC for one more year and is 5 years younger I would hesitate to move him in a deal for Tarasenko in which he is only taking up about 50% of a packages value.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In Tarasenko's first two years in the league he had 29g-33a-62 points in 104 games. Debrusk, who broke in at the same age, has 26g-29a-55 points in 98 games. Considering Debrusk is still on an ELC for one more year and is 5 years younger I would hesitate to move him in a deal for Tarasenko in which he is only taking up about 50% of a packages value.

Well shoot when you put it like that lol

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Bruins need to send back either Krug or Backes in a Tank deal. For it to be Krug, STL would have to value him as a positive asset and have it not just be swapping salaries. That "value" could be "worst case we can flip him for a Shattenkirk type return" or he could be someone that is part of the long term solution.

I would think DeBrusk would have to come from Boston's side for sure as the primary young piece. DeBrusk is our 22 year old Jayden Schwartz and is the big get.

Beyond that, I would think anyone aside from Pasta or McAvoy would be on the table, its just finding the right grouping for both sides.

When thinking about a specific proposal, I was drawn towards including higher character "could wear a letter on his jersey" sometime kinda guys given where STL is at right now in that department. In Boston's system (outside of the aforementioned Krug, Backes and DeBrusk who all qualify) that makes me think of Studnicka and Frederic. Both seem to have #2C ceilings, but the Bruins brass seems to be hoping one of them pulls a Krejci/Bergeron and bumps past their ceiling. I would think one of those guys would be an ask for STL, with the 20 year old Frederic maybe being the favored as the hometown boy.

I also would think Carlo could be of interest to STL if they are looking to deal one of AP or CP. Carlo doesn't have the offensive upside of those guys, but he has been playing in the top 4 of one of the top few defensive teams in hockey since he was 19 years old. He is very good and still growing and improving. He is a weird one in that he could just be what he is (a big RH #4 defensive D that can skate) or, at 22, could have another level. Really hard to put a value on him.

Other notable 22 and under guys in the Boston system include:

Vaakaneinen - LD - smooth smooth skating defensive minded two way guy that Bruins hope is McAvoy's long term partner. Played a few games for Boston this year before he got an elbow to the head. Has been out since then. I would think DeBrusk + Vaak + Krug would be too much for Boston to swallow. Near NHL ready.

Zboril - LD - been playing top pairing in AHL before he was also upper body injured on a high hit. Great skater. Nasty. Doesn't seem to have the offensive upside hoped for at the draft. Near NHL ready.

Lauzon - LD - man Bruins have a lot of LD. Less skilled than the two above, but still has 2nd pairing upside. Has good size and looked good as a complimentary D man in his time in Boston this year. Defensive leaning two way D. Near NHL ready.

Bjork - LW/RW - Another very good skater. Kind of in the "too good for AHL, not quite NHL ready" tweeter period. He is 22 and looks like a top 6 forward some shifts and then you forget he was playing. Top 6 upside and near NHL ready.

Donato - LW - Great shot. Good offensive instincts. Found scoring in the AHL easy. Has looked a step behind at the NHL level. Been a disappointment so far this year.

Heinen - LW/RW - Cerebral two way guy. Think Loui Eriksson style game. 47 points as a rookie last year. Slow start this year, but picking it up now. Not big or fast. Just smart. Can play against or with anyone.

Senyshyn - RW - He will always get some side eye in Boston because he isn't Barzal or Connor. But, after being asked to play in the bottom 6 last year in a defensive role to get rid of his cherry picking ways from Jr, he has been at a goal per game pace the last few weeks in the AHL. He is big and he is very very fast. Could make a push for the team later this year, but certainly next year.

JFK - C - Two way probably #3C with some creativity to his offensive game. Plays at a slower pace and thinks the game a lot. Playing #3C in Boston now and seems to have solidified that spot. Might have enough offense for #2C, but he will have to learn how to play with more pace as he isn't Krejci good at slowing things down.

So here are a few specific offers to choose from!

DeBrusk
Krug
Frederic
Lauzon

DeBrusk
Vaak
Backes
Frederic

DeBrusk
Carlo
Backes
Lauzon
I like #4. I really like the idea of Carlo and DeBrusk as the foundation for a Tarasenko deal.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The haul for Tarasenko would be insane - I doubt any team does it. Blues will point to Duchene and say: "plz"

When stars like that get traded, it's usually to a good team too. I bet he snaps back to ~40/40

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

HF Boards in a nutshell. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad