OT: Health and Fitness Thread ‎III

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Looks like you should get great weather for it, as long as it stays dry. Trust your training...the hard part is over, the actual marathon is a 26.2 mile celebration of all your hard work.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Felt good up til 21ish. I gutter through the final few miles. Missed 4 hours by a long shot, but it'll give me a reason to train for another.

4:28

Middle of the pack.

Congrats, that’s great. Sub-4 is a killer goal. A friend of mine just hit his first sub-4 at Chicago. I think it was his 8th marathon?

Miles 22-26 are absolutely brutal.

Make it a point to move around tomorrow or you’ll really stiffen up. If you don’t have a foam roller, find one and make it your new best friend.

Congrats again!

Reactions: smithformeragent

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Felt good up til 21ish. I gutter through the final few miles. Missed 4 hours by a long shot, but it'll give me a reason to train for another.

4:28

Middle of the pack.

thats awesome dude. i could never see myself running more than 5 miles. unless it was like a spartan race or something. respect to anyone that completes those. what do you think about when you run for that long? i just picture myself stopping because of pure boredom if anything.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Was on the way to a wake this afternoon for a friend who died in his sleep (Heart attack,aneurism? Who knows) when I get a message that another friend just collapsed in his yard. His wife revived him with CPR but his heart stopped beating again just as EMTs showed up. She kept doing CPR until the EMTs could paddle him and his heart started again. At the hospital they found a coronary vessel 100% blocked. I say it over and over,get rid of the grains and the sugar,get your Vit D up to 60-70,make sure your Thyroid is functioning normally and your gut flora is supplemented. Don't be a victim!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What are your base supplements?

I'm on vitamin D3 (3oooiu), Kelp 300mcg, ZMA (2 capsules), Omega 3, Krill Oil (total 2000 EPA/DHA) per day

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Then there's K2.
But before you'll need to do H25 test to know your D3 score.

Google it, D3 at 3k UI won't do much for you.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Then there's K2.

Google it, D3 at 3k UI won't do much for you.

K2 has dangers of its own... There have been reports of strange heart papilations as side effects .... nobody is sure how much to take of it to counterbalance excess vitamin D3 supplementation

I disagree....3000iu is a sweetspot.. . You know it is a fat soluable vitamin right? it builds up

Its not like you can feel the "side effects" ....

were you recommended 10k iu pe day or have you arrived to this conclusion on your own... if you don't mind me asking?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
K2 has dangers of its own... There have been reports of strange heart papilations as side effects .... nobody is sure how much to take of it to counterbalance excess vitamin D3 supplementation

I disagree....3000iu is a sweetspot.. . You know it is a fat soluable vitamin right? it builds up

Its not like you can feel the "side effects" ....

were you recommended 10k iu pe day or have you arrived to this conclusion on your own... if you don't mind me asking?

Vitamin D Council | I tested my vitamin D level. What do my results mean?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
What are your base supplements?

I'm on vitamin D3 (3oooiu), Kelp 300mcg, ZMA (2 capsules), Omega 3, Krill Oil (total 2000 EPA/DHA) per day
To combat arterial inflammation Vit D Hydroxy 25 should be 60-70. K2 might need to be supplemented to combat calcium. Omega 3 is needed to balance Omega 6s. Personally,I'm on too many to count,all heart related. Probably the most important are Vit D,about 5000 in Winter and 3000 in Summer, Magnesium. Vit C. Ubiquinol (I'm on a statin-0another touchy subject) Garlic,Fish Oil and Red Yeast Rice. Depending on where you live,you can order your own Vit D test through a direct lab,should try to do it twice a year. For calcium buildup,a Coronary Calcium Scan is about $100 out of pocket. If beginning a program,get it done and do it again a year later to check progress. Just a tip of the iceberg

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketdan9

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Ran my first half marathon in a while yesterday. Wasn't a PR, not close (11-ish minutes off), but I felt great the whole race.
Congrats Kate! I sometimes wish I could get into the running thing. I also said "back into" but I was never really into it, even though I've run 2 marathons (in my far distant past). But I get why you do it (yeah, I've seen the pics on FB) :laugh:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
^^^^^ The optimist in me figures my protein intake today (Thanksgiving) was very good.

The pessimist in me figures, in all likelihood, I was at a major calorie surplus today...;)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I had triple helpings on turkey and stuffing.

Ate my vegetables.

However, Apple pie with vanilla ice cream
Pecan pie with pumpkin ice cream
Pumpkin pie with chocolate ice cream

7 cups of black coffee

f***

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I figured after losing almost 55 pounds, I was allowed a cheat day. Yesterday was surely it. I only had one plate of dinner, but I made it count. Plus all the apps, and I'm certainly at a surplus. Plus, I didn't jump right back on the plan this morning - had a bowl of cheerios with rice milk. I'll start back on the plan with lunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad