OT: Health and Fitness Thread ‎III

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I had triple helpings on turkey and stuffing.

Ate my vegetables.

However, Apple pie with vanilla ice cream
Pecan pie with pumpkin ice cream
Pumpkin pie with chocolate ice cream

7 cups of black coffee

The coffee thing is a little strange :laugh:

As for the rest of it, meh, it’s thanksgiving. You don’t do it every day. Enjoy the day, the food, and the people you’re with is my approach.

Oddly enough I didn’t pig out but still felt like a stuffed turkey this morning. Had a great workout and feel better now.

Sure it won’t last long as I’m making a big breakfast. When they grace ya with a Black Friday matinee it’s a loooong day.

Doing Thanksgiving #2 on Sunday, just the two of us. I love this tradition...no traveling, no family drama, no real pants, couch naps...the way Thanksgiving is meant to be. Dvr the parade, wake up with mimosas, watch football, and get my house tonsmell like thanksgiving.

Love it.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
So I wrenched my back this past weekend...bending down to put on my sock getting ready for reffing. Could barely move after. It's still sore, and grabs me when I move the wrong way. Getting out of the car is still hard. I'm scheduled to see a chiropractor on Friday and I'm hopeful that will help. This really sucks.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My health insurance offers a weight loss plan for free, through Real Appeal. It's basically common sense stuff, but they send you a box full of "goodies" so you really have no excuse not to do it. In the box: a weight scale, a food scale, a single serve blender, measuring cups, measuring spoons, a portion plate, a water bottle, pedometer, resistance bands, food guide with meal plans and recipes, fitness guide, and six workout DVDs. It's pretty impressive. You pay nothing for all of that. They have online coaching sessions, both group and individual are available. You do have to attend the group session twice to get the box.

Tonight I'm making turkey lasagna. I have never made anything with ground turkey, so I hope it's good!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I’m developing some fascia issues in my right foot. Stretching and attacking it with a golf ball seems to help.

I entered the lottery for the Chicago Marathon and I’m putting in for New York too, so fingers crossed I nip it in the bud now.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’m developing some fascia issues in my right foot. Stretching and attacking it with a golf ball seems to help.

I entered the lottery for the Chicago Marathon and I’m putting in for New York too, so fingers crossed I nip it in the bud now.

I've had a severe case for the past three months. I actually had a moderate tear abs severe bruising from the stupid treadmill and bad fitting sneakers. I still cannot walk without shoes on and it's easily the most debilitating and annoying injury I have ever had. In a couple weeks the doc said to heavily tape it and try some light jogging.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
This thread has been inactive for a while, so I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and NOT counting calories! ;)

On the advice of posters in this thread, I bought an 18-pack of Clif Bars; 9 Chocolate Mint, 9 Chocolate Peanut Butter, for $20 at Sam's Club. I figured if I didn't like them, they'd be stocking stuffers, so no biggie.

Turns out I love 'em! They are much better than the protein powder I use, which isn't unbearable, but it's not great.

Aside from that, cooler temps make training much more enjoyable. I've gained 10 lbs. over the last several months, but it's bizarre. All my clothes still fit, and I can't see 'gains,' nor do I get comments. I'm assuming it's mostly muscle in my legs, where I've had strength gains with squat and dead lift.

My other 'accomplishment' is I'm finally able to do the double-under-crossover with the jump rope. It's far from perfect, but it's a very difficult jump technically and physically, and hard to learn. With the rope moving that fast, it's also rather painful when I miss. I also smashed my hands together on the cross, and bled profusely.

But I'm getting there, and that's a jump I've envied those who can do for a long time.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
This post is an acknowledgment to my son's hard work on his 28th birthday. If he knew it was here he'd probably be embarrassed...

At 13 he was dx'd Type 1 diabetic and like any other teenager ignored, rebelled, and denied. Kinda like his dad did with MS...

FF to the present. He started taking his health seriously several years ago... eating right, keeping his A1C right, and lifting weights.

He's 6'1" and 196 lbs. He set his best unbelted squat at 405 lbs!! So proud.

jesselft1.jpg

Attachments

• jesselft2.jpg
    jesselft2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
My max was 315 and one week later was at 140,due to a C7 nerve impingement. Never got it back.
The lesson here is to stretch your spine, every day if possible,to rejuvenate those frozen and dehydrating intervertebral joints.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
With the new year approaching, figured I’d bump this thread.

Been spending a lot of time thinking about 2017 and looking into 2018. A lot of my reflections and goals, unsurprisingly, are fitness and food related.

I started a new Instagram account to be kind of like an online diary and be a Place for accountability and recipes, etc. I’m a big foodie and I love to cook so end up sharing a lot on my personal pages which not all of my people are into :laugh:. If anyone is interested in following along or interacting over there, the account is @Barstool_to_Boylston on Instagram.

Reactions: LouJersey

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
In the past week I have not touched red meat, chicken. Only eggs, seafood, vegetables, fruits. Feeling tremendous benefits so far.

I didn't think i could ever give up red meat. Anybody else a pescatarian here?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
In the past week I have not touched red meat, chicken. Only eggs, seafood, vegetables, fruits. Feeling tremendous benefits so far.

I did 2 years of no meat,chicken,fish,dairy or sugar. Some things disappeared,like arthritis,but my heart disease got unbearable,from no symptoms to couldn't walk 10 feet. Mainstream science is slowly admitting that meat is not the problem,it's sugars (in all forms-fruit,agave,honey...) and grains.

Reactions: Aeroforce

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
rather than complain about resolutioners, Im taking the strategy of hoping they stick with this life change.

side note, its funny how dumb you can feel trying to think of routine changes when its time to shock the system, haha

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I did 2 years of no meat,chicken,fish,dairy or sugar. Some things disappeared,like arthritis,but my heart disease got unbearable,from no symptoms to couldn't walk 10 feet. Mainstream science is slowly admitting that meat is not the problem,it's sugars (in all forms-fruit,agave,honey...) and grains.

Until it's something else.........20 years from now, they'll say "no, sugars and grains are actually ok in moderation, it's [insert flavor of the month here] that's really bad for you."

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I gave up iced coffees on Dec 22nd.
Thought it would be hard, but now i just drink tea at work in the morning.
Also saving like $20 a week.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I am on a January-February resetting and red meat gone as well - eating boneless skinless chicken and center cut pork tenderloin and turkey and tuna solid white and all the other stuff you mention.

Lifting 3 days pretty heavy and cardio has been snowblowing and shoveling

Reactions: rocketdan9

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
FINALLY broke my bench plateau and hit 225.

About ****ing time.

Does that mean 225 one time? Either way it's impressive.

I've been going to the gym since September and generally do about 110 lbs 20 times (with a few breaks in between). But I'm about 5'9'' 165 lbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad