TV: (HBO) Westworld Season 2

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
IMDB is not a reliable source for this.

Why would you say that? Is it because of the Tyler/Voq thing with Discovery? That was because CBS/Paramount was trying to be misleading for the sake of secrecy. I doubt that HBO is being misleading here. What reason would they have to hide the fact that Jimmi Simpson is in a lot more Season 2 episodes than just the premiere, especially when showing a lot more of him in the trailer than just a single shot would've helped build even more excitement?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Why would you say that? Is it because of the Tyler/Voq thing with Discovery? That was because CBS/Paramount was trying to be misleading for the sake of secrecy. I doubt that HBO is being misleading here. What reason would they have to hide the fact that Jimmi Simpson is in a lot more Season 2 episodes than just the premiere, especially when showing a lot more of him in the trailer than just a single shot would've helped build even more excitement?
I say that because anyone who is a member can edit the episode count on IMDB, it's not an official source. Looking at episode counts for cast members prior to a show airing is not reliable.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i have yet to watch this show, i maybe start a binge watch today. i have no idea about the theme/plot, all i know is that hopkins is in it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
i have yet to watch this show, i maybe start a binge watch today. i have no idea about the theme/plot, all i know is that hopkins is in it.
It's really good, one of the best seasons of television ever in my opinion. Hopkins kills it, but so do Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Thandie Newton. The whole cast is strong really.

They are adding some really good new cast members with season 2 as well.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i finished the first episode... i never seen anything like that, so they have one scripted day, they repeat that over and over, reset those puppet bots overnight / replace broken ones and gussets can jump in the world with godmode lol.

it reminds me a bit of the movie I-robot mixed with trumanshow. my biggest question at the moment is where is westworld located... and at which time in the future they are constructing all this. i guess a lot of stuff will reveal itself by is own over the time.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I was really excited when I saw the show announced and watched the previews but then when I watched it it sucked so much I just didn't get all the praise.

I may try to watch it again to see if I missed something because it seems like a show I should like but everything about it from the storyline, to the acting and the plot "twists" were so bad that it is hard to imagine it getting better a second time.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
i finished the first episode... i never seen anything like that, so they have one scripted day, they repeat that over and over, reset those puppet bots overnight / replace broken ones and gussets can jump in the world with godmode lol.

it reminds me a bit of the movie I-robot mixed with trumanshow. my biggest question at the moment is where is westworld located... and at which time in the future they are constructing all this. i guess a lot of stuff will reveal itself by is own over the time.
Different hosts have different schedules, which you'll see more as you go into the season. Dolores and Teddy have one day loops for example, but as you get further from the starter town hosts can have multi day or multi week loops.

Reactions: CPTN71 and kmart

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
kmart, I'd advise you to not read this thread until you've finished Season 1. It's very likely that you'll get major plot twists spoiled for you if you hang around here. If you want to read others' reactions, dig up the original Westworld thread and follow that as you go through the episodes... though be warned that that might spoil some things, too.

I say that because anyone who is a member can edit the episode count on IMDB, it's not an official source. Looking at episode counts for cast members prior to a show airing is not reliable.

That may be true when the air date is a long way away, but the reliability increases as the air date approaches, and we're only 3 weeks away from Season 2 starting.

A lot of people think that sites being editable by anyone makes them unreliable, but that fact actually increases reliability more than it decreases it. It means that new information can be added as soon as its learned and incorrect information can be corrected as soon as its spotted. Contributions of good information dwarf contributions of bad information.

The Season 2 credits on IMDb are very specific at this point. Besides several of the main actors being credited in every Season 2 episode, there are dozens of minor characters who are credited with being in specific episodes. For example, the little girl who plays Maeve's daughter is credited in about half of the episodes. Why would we know such specifics about a child actor who hardly has any lines, but we don't which episodes Jimmi Simpson, a star actor from Season 1, is in (aside from the premiere)? Surely someone should know, and the fact that anyone can edit IMDb should mean that someone should've updated it by now if it were incorrect.

Anyways, we'll see. Maybe it's incorrect, but the fact that he's in only one scene of a 2-minute trailer seems to corroborate the possibility that his role is significantly reduced from last season. I think that it also makes perfect sense for him to be in the premiere to tie up some loose ends and the two seasons together, but also not much sense to have him very much in this season, because this season is supposed to be moving forward, not looking back.

Last edited:

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
kmart, I'd advise you to not read this thread until you've finished Season 1. It's very likely that you'll get major plot twists spoiled for you if you hang around here. If you want to read others' reactions, dig up the original Westworld thread and follow that as you go through the episodes... though be warned that that might spoil some things, too.

i have no worries, i stay away from most social media for occasions like this, already finished episode 7... today i am going for the last 3 and catch up to u all... damn bernard"it doesnt look like anything to me"lowe is a host = mind blown... although i am not sure why he phoned with his wife ? or maybe it was just a memory idk... anyway for a moment there i thought everybody including the staff is a host and ford went mad and entertains himself...

MikeJones

Apr 1, 2018
Yes! So excited for the upcoming season! I started looking around the internet to get hyped up about the show coming back, and I came across this Westorld theme acapella cover. Really good job! Thought you all would like to see it too.

Yo bro! Good find! That shit was dope #AF!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So the show's solution to spoiler culture was to spoil the entire second season ahead of release.

So...now more than ever, beware spoilers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Did they actually do it?
I mean...there's definitely a 25 minute video out there but I refuse to watch it. Pretty much gonna stay off /r/Westworld and this thread if I can help it.

Could be a troll job so there can be real twists at season's end but I'm not risking it.

EDIT: Okay I lied and risked it. That's hilarious. Disregard.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm assuming the first few minutes are actual season 2 footage, but it doesn't spoil anything more than any trailers do. After that...:laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
1 Week away. Going to watch the final 2 eps of season one this week to get me ready.

There's an idea. I don't want to re-watch the whole season because it'll spoil my appetite for Season 2 and because I don't have the time (too many hockey games), but maybe I'll just watch the finale. I'd hate to start watching Season 2 and be a little confused because I forget key details.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
There's an idea. I don't want to re-watch the whole season because it'll spoil my appetite for Season 2 and because I don't have the time (too many hockey games), but maybe I'll just watch the finale. I'd hate to start watching Season 2 and be a little confused because I forget key details.

Im sure there will be a season recap to bring you up to speed on what you need to know for the premiere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad