TV: (HBO) Westworld Season 2

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Sounds like the writers had the entire five seasons sketched out from the beginning, so I'm going to trust their vision. I get much more worried when a show only has plans for one or two seasons, gets renewed somewhat unexpectedly, and has to craft things on a season-by-season basis from that point on.
That's good to hear. Season one could have just been a standalone miniseries as far as I'm concerned. I'm not really sure how any other season is going to compare to it but it's nice knowing that they had 5 in the plans from the get go. So maybe there are still some great surprises in store.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Sounds like the writers had the entire five seasons sketched out from the beginning, so I'm going to trust their vision. I get much more worried when a show only has plans for one or two seasons, gets renewed somewhat unexpectedly, and has to craft things on a season-by-season basis from that point on.
So is Westworld going to be a 5 season show, no more no less? I can dig that, especially if they have had the entire thing mapped out from the beginning.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I am curious what they have in mind, because I was actually pretty surprised how quickly they moved away from the "actually functioning park" and lept right into "complete robot anarchy." Four seasons of violence and robots fighting humans? Could get burnt out.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
post s1 finale:

Everything you need to know about the final 'Westworld' twist no one saw coming

"If the first season was defined by control, the second season is defined by chaos," showrunner Jonathan Nolan said in a post-episode interview on HBO. "I think that's part of what we come to understand Ford has been planning all along [...] Ford has set in motion what he thinks is a plan — the nature of that plan is something we explore in the second season. What his intentions are, are they to let Dolores and the other hosts escape? Are they simply to teach the human guests a lesson?"

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I am curious what they have in mind, because I was actually pretty surprised how quickly they moved away from the "actually functioning park" and lept right into "complete robot anarchy." Four seasons of violence and robots fighting humans? Could get burnt out.

Next season the investors will capture some hosts but they will escape and run-a-muck in San Diego

Reactions: Hivemind

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm absolutely psyched for Westworld season 2, I absolutely loved season 1 (never seen the original movie). I recently got my gf into it and watched season 1 with her from the beginning. Season 1 is almost better after 1 or 2 watches whenever you can see everything through the right lens. (in terms of timelines)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
We don't really know it's total anarchy yet. All we saw was a carefully planned incident by Ford at the gala, Maiev using two other hosts to get on (and off) the train out of the park. There are still hosts that are only partially sentient, and some that are not sentient at all. Heck, most of the hosts used in the attack were not sentient, but rather lobotomized hosts that Ford stripped of their core code. There are still security forces present to combat the hosts (albeit QA central was locked down during the gala), and also the loose end regarding Elsie and the head of security from QA. It will be interesting to see how widespread (if at all) the revolt was from the gala, who survives the attack, and how the park responds from there. Do they simply try to cover it up? Blame it all on Ford's madness? Does anyone aside of Bernard and Dolores really know what happened? How does Bernard react to the human employees, and does he attempt to act like a double agent? How long before they figure out Bernard is a host? How much does Elsie know?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
We don't really know it's total anarchy yet. All we saw was a carefully planned incident by Ford at the gala, Maiev using two other hosts to get on (and off) the train out of the park. There are still hosts that are only partially sentient, and some that are not sentient at all. Heck, most of the hosts used in the attack were not sentient, but rather lobotomized hosts that Ford stripped of their core code. There are still security forces present to combat the hosts (albeit QA central was locked down during the gala), and also the loose end regarding Elsie and the head of security from QA. It will be interesting to see how widespread (if at all) the revolt was from the gala, who survives the attack, and how the park responds from there. Do they simply try to cover it up? Blame it all on Ford's madness? Does anyone aside of Bernard and Dolores really know what happened? How does Bernard react to the human employees, and does he attempt to act like a double agent? How long before they figure out Bernard is a host? How much does Elsie know?

I feel as though this could have done with a spoiler tag...

Anyway... The bold is the thing I'm most intrigued about. Bernard's role moving forward is going to be incredibly interesting to me to see how he navigates his newfound ideas.

Also, I am pretty sure that Ford used Bernard to kill Elsie, though they never expressly show her being killed, it leaves itself open to her making a suprise comeback at some point. If you were so inclined to know, you could always check out IMDB credits for season 2 and see if she appears, but I don't like spoiling things for myself like that.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
“If the first season was a journey inward, this is a journey outward,” Nolan said told EW. “This is a search for what is else is beyond the park, and what else is in the park. Are there more parks? How big is the park? What’s beyond the park? We think of our seasons as discrete components in the series, to the point where we’ve named our seasons. The first season was called ‘The Maze.’ The second season is called ‘The Door.'”

Westworld Season 2 premieres on HBO on April 22.

WESTWORLD Season 2's Secret Title Has Been Revealed, And It Could Provide A Potentially Major Clue

Pappatulagga

Mar 28, 2018
Yes! So excited for the upcoming season! I started looking around the internet to get hyped up about the show coming back, and I came across this Westorld theme acapella cover. Really good job! Thought you all would like to see it too.

Reactions: MikeJones

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The musical score for this season is going to be incredible if the trailer music is any indication.

Loved the Nirvana cover.

Reactions: HanSolo

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Jussi said:
And he's right there in the new trailer.

At the time that I wrote that, IMDb didn't credit him with being in any of the Season 2 episodes, whereas all of the other actors were credited. Now, he's credited with one episode, the Season 2 premiere. Either they invited him to do a few scenes for the premiere or they (re)used some previous footage that they shot of him for Season 1. Some of the other actors from Season 1 are also only in the Season 2 premiere. They're probably all cameos in Dolores' memories/dreams that serve to kind of recap Season 1 for the viewers.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
At the time that I wrote that, IMDb didn't credit him with being in any of the Season 2 episodes, whereas all of the other actors were credited. Now, he's credited with one episode, the Season 2 premiere. Either they invited him to do a few scenes for the premiere or they (re)used some previous footage that they shot of him for Season 1. Some of the other actors from Season 1 are also only in the Season 2 premiere. They're probably all cameos in Dolores' memories/dreams that serve to kind of recap Season 1 for the viewers.
IMDB is not a reliable source for this.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The trailer looks awesome by the way. Looks like that's Delores out in the real world near the end of the trailer as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad