TV: (HBO) Westworld Season 2

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Westworld Season 2 trailer set to debut during Superbowl.

WESTWORLD Season 2 Trailer To Debut On Sunday During The Super Bowl; Check Out The First Teaser Image

Reactions: Blender

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
I'm not a fan of her trying to look evil. You don't need to scrunch your face up and give a strange smile to shoot someone. Hopefully this doesn't happen often throughout the season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm not a fan of her trying to look evil. You don't need to scrunch your face up and give a strange smile to shoot someone. Hopefully this doesn't happen often throughout the season.
For all we know that was just some dramatic promo shot and not an actual scene. That initial teaser trailer from months ago really didn't have much in it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I like how they put "HBO" in the bottom corner from the very start so that people don't assume that it's a Mutual of Omaha commercial and look away.

It's nice to see that Ed Harris is back, since movie stars often don't return for second seasons. I expect him to have a reduced role and probably get killed off, though, but I'd love to be wrong.

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
I bet I know how it ends already... this is just a prediction, I have no firsthand knowledge...

The robots think they're fighting a rebellion in the real world but they're in Westworld the whole time.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Have any of you seen the actual Westworld movie, the one from the 70's with Yul Brynner that this show is based on?

I remember seeing an easter egg where Yul's character was in the backround of a scene. Pretty cool.

I saw it a few times when I was younger. Great flick. Its funny how shocked people were when they saw that there were other worlds besides Westworld. That's not a spoiler at all in the original lol.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have the original on both VHS and DVD

Its a great movie

The sequel is ok (Futureworld) but nowhere close to original and overall is nothing special

Never saw the short lived TV show

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I have the original on both VHS and DVD

Its a great movie

The sequel is ok (Futureworld) but nowhere close to original and overall is nothing special

Never saw the short lived TV show
Agree on Futureworld. Never saw the TV show... honestly don't ever remember even hearing about it haha.

Yeah, the original movie is awesome. Brenner is scary as hell.
No joke! I was so freaked out the first time I saw it!

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I really thought the end of season 1 should have been what they were building up to for 5 seasons. Not really sure where they go from here. A straight-up war between robots and humans does not sound very entertaining, and the trailer doesn't help to quell my concerns.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Apparently, Jimmi Simpson isn't in this. I guess that they're done with that storyline. In a way, that makes sense, since it was a flashback and we know how he ends up, but it still feels unfinished and like a loose thread to me, since he was still mostly likable the last time that we saw him. It might've been fun and connected the dots even better to see him become even darker.

I really thought the end of season 1 should have been what they were building up to for 5 seasons. Not really sure where they go from here. A straight-up war between robots and humans does not sound very entertaining, and the trailer doesn't help to quell my concerns.

I partly agree. I loved the Ford/Bernard/Dolores/MiB storyline and think that that ended in a good spot with lots of room to grow, but I wasn't a fan of the Maive storyline. That felt out of place and too soon. I would've preferred another full season of just mysteries inside the park and then having a host rebellion into the real world not occur until late in Season 3.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

Sounds like the writers had the entire five seasons sketched out from the beginning, so I'm going to trust their vision. I get much more worried when a show only has plans for one or two seasons, gets renewed somewhat unexpectedly, and has to craft things on a season-by-season basis from that point on.

Reactions: izlez and HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->