GDT: Hawks @ Wings 6pm 11/30/23 NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
- Is someone going to remind Kurashev he's on the 1st line and has Connor Bedard as his center? Stop chipping the puck in on rushes FFS.

- Wouldn't say Bedard is there as our best player yet, IMO. Still a long ways to go.

- The bottom 6 played a decent game. Lot of O-zone possession even if it didn't lead to much.

- Vlasic still going steady - has potential to be dominant. Most of the other kids seem to have fizzled out for the time being.

- I liked Katchouk last year, and he's playing well this latest stretch of games. Raddysh on the other hand does nothing out there. Katchouk has consistency problems, but Raddysh is consistently "meh". Give Choukie a crack in the top 6 he's busting his ass out there. Shot in the dark, but he could compliment Bedard nicely.
Who on this team is even close to better than Bedard?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
think it’s time to send Kaiser down. He’s had an extremely rough last 10 games, to the point I think it’s prohibitive. Just bring up Roos or rotate EDM or Allan in for a game or two to give him a chance to reset and watch.
They gotta send someone down when Tinordi comes back which might be Saturday depending on how tomorrow’s practice goes. I’d keep Phillips up (who runs out of waiver exempt next season) and give Kaiser some time in Rockford.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

Something is rotten here. Players getting blamed for the special teams, where the hell does the coaching come into play? Someone is telling them to do this shit. Guaranteed Luke would prefer the fourth line to powerplay because of grit or some shit. Luke is a fraud.

Reactions: Pez68

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
At this stage in his career, Patrick Kane and Stevie Y may be a fit from heaven.

Kaner is reaching the twilight of his career whilst Stevie in his playing days turned his game around in his thirties. He became a proficient player without the puck. I'll be cheering for Kaner in this comeback.
If you think Kane is gonna start learning how to play defense at 35 you're out to lunch. He's there to put up points. That's it.

Reactions: Giovi and Crow

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
- Is someone going to remind Kurashev he's on the 1st line and has Connor Bedard as his center? Stop chipping the puck in on rushes FFS.

- Wouldn't say Bedard is there as our best player yet, IMO. Still a long ways to go.

- The bottom 6 played a decent game. Lot of O-zone possession even if it didn't lead to much.

- Vlasic still going steady - has potential to be dominant. Most of the other kids seem to have fizzled out for the time being.

- I liked Katchouk last year, and he's playing well this latest stretch of games. Raddysh on the other hand does nothing out there. Katchouk has consistency problems, but Raddysh is consistently "meh". Give Choukie a crack in the top 6 he's busting his ass out there. Shot in the dark, but he could compliment Bedard nicely.

I'm sorry, what???

Reactions: Chuck Testa

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Anybody else driven crazy by our d-zone coverage when the Hawks have #'s back? There was a 3-3 play early in the 1st period where the Hawks (have to go back and see who it was) had 2 guys go to the puck carrier, leaving someone to get a great scoring chance that Mrazek had to come up big on. It wasn't like a mite-hockey play where everyone just skates to the puck. Just drives me crazy.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Anybody else driven crazy by our d-zone coverage when the Hawks have #'s back? There was a 3-3 play early in the 1st period where the Hawks (have to go back and see who it was) had 2 guys go to the puck carrier, leaving someone to get a great scoring chance that Mrazek had to come up big on. It wasn't like a mite-hockey play where everyone just skates to the puck. Just drives me crazy.
Did not see the game but watched the scoring replays. On the 3rd Detroit goal, it went from a 2 on 3 when the Wings entering the zone to a 3 on 1 down low to score. It's as if the Hawks draw up defensive coverage on an Etch A Sketch.

Reactions: Pez68

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Did not see the game but watched the scoring replays. On the 3rd Detroit goal, it went from a 2 on 3 when the Wings entering the zone to a 3 on 1 down low to score. It's as if the Hawks draw up defensive coverage on an Etch A Sketch.
It was exactly like that - except Mrazek bailed them out. I just don't understand how a professional player can decide to leave his man to chase the puck, and then not get coached on that situation. This wasn't a snap decision. This was a situation where the play is developing, and you're exactly where you are supposed to be, until you completely freak out and do something that a 12 years knows not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad