GDT: Hawks @ Wings 6pm 11/30/23 NBC sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Good long shift, tired defenders, late in a game, trailing, the Hawks go for a change, and coming into view on the left side of the screen is Mackenzie Entwhistle. Despair.

Reactions: Pez68

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Goalies are more than taking care of the tank at this point. Hopefully Beau can help that first line out a bit.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Bedard 7 SOG, 71% at the dot. Could've had way more points than 1 but he was very good.

Vlasic was outstanding as well. Thought Korchinski was pretty good (probably his most frustrating game offensively. He's another one who could've had 2-3 points)

Kaiser was absolute dog shit.

Reactions: Pez68

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Best D. I think that's absolutely accurate.

Bedard is obviously this team's best player.

Ya think? Lol 😉

Yes the team is awful and there’s not much CURRENTLY to be happy about….but as I said earlier the most important thing is that it’s really shaping up nicely for us to draft another franchise-changing caliber talent in the summer. As in potentially #1 or #2 overall(plus the additional pick from TB). The more you watch the more it becomes obvious that we need as many more high-end(top 6 forwards and potential top pairing D) prospects as possible. And the good news is that’s exactly what’s on the horizon. It’s gonna take time. But we’re going to eventually have more to look forward to than just Bedard and his individual brilliance.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yeah I knew we would suck but the plan wasn’t for Bedard to have zero help. Which is basically the case right now.

Doesn’t seem like he’s having much fun right now.

Vlasic and KK count as help. Kurashev has been improving. Reichel still gives a lot to be excited about big-picture.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Vlasic is our best player in terms of defending...Heviscalsobourvmost consistently good player
Brdard has the most talent ..But neithercefficientbor cobsistent in his task which needs to be offensive production.
Neither has much help ...and tgeycrarelybpkaybo the same shifts.

Give us 2 more Vlasic defendersxwithvexcelkence and 2vmore Bedatds but with a bit more consistency and Then the Hawks will be competitive..

Butcas of now it is what it is...not enough good defenders and not enough offensive producers.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Vlasic and KK count as help. Kurashev has been improving. Reichel still gives a lot to be excited about big-picture.
[/QUOTE

Thinking more in terms of a veteran forward to play with him. Losing Hall really sucks.

Really hoping they go after a legitimate top 6 forward this offseason. (Nylander)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
think it’s time to send Kaiser down. He’s had an extremely rough last 10 games, to the point I think it’s prohibitive. Just bring up Roos or rotate EDM or Allan in for a game or two to give him a chance to reset and watch.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
- Is someone going to remind Kurashev he's on the 1st line and has Connor Bedard as his center? Stop chipping the puck in on rushes FFS.

- Wouldn't say Bedard is there as our best player yet, IMO. Still a long ways to go.

- The bottom 6 played a decent game. Lot of O-zone possession even if it didn't lead to much.

- Vlasic still going steady - has potential to be dominant. Most of the other kids seem to have fizzled out for the time being.

- I liked Katchouk last year, and he's playing well this latest stretch of games. Raddysh on the other hand does nothing out there. Katchouk has consistency problems, but Raddysh is consistently "meh". Give Choukie a crack in the top 6 he's busting his ass out there. Shot in the dark, but he could compliment Bedard nicely.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
For fan enjoyment I wish the Hawks would just admit that they don’t have a league average second line forward to play with Reichel and TJ and put together the grindiest bottom six they can and just leave them alone the rest of the season.

Beauvillier Dickinson Raddysh
Katchouk Donato Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad