GDT: Hawks vs Preds: 7:30PM CT on WGN--What Are The Rules?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I can't see Kempny on this team next year. Keith is a lock on the left, and provided no trades occur, Forsling and Snuggerud will be there too.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I can't see Kempny on this team next year. Keith is a lock on the left, and provided no trades occur, Forsling and Snuggerud will be there too.

That would be a big mistake.

Like I said, without significant improvement from Forsling this season, I'd be more comfortable moving him for assets than Kempny.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Would be a huge mistake to let him go.

That would be a big mistake.

Like I said, without significant improvement from Forsling this season, I'd be more comfortable moving him for assets than Kempny.

My POV move Forsling over Kempny because we have D in the pipeline short term (Snuggy) and long term. We are in win now mode.

I don't see it that way. Forsling has looked a lot better in the last two games. He's young and has huge upside. Snuggerud is slightly older but also has loads of potential. Unless we're trading them for something of equal or better value, they'll be on this team next year. Which will make Kempny the likely odd man out.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I don't see it that way. Forsling has looked a lot better in the last two games. He's young and has huge upside. Snuggerud is slightly older but also has loads of potential. Unless we're trading them for something of equal or better value, they'll be on this team next year. Which will make Kempny the likely odd man out.

I guess this is the disconnect, cause I don't think he's looked better at all. What's more, it used to be purely a transition issue in my eyes, but now I feel like his decision making in his own end is getting worse (or maybe the boost to NHL speed is just giving him fits, either way).

I just don't see how you can let go of one of your consistently best possession and chance driving Dmen last season and thus far this season, especially one that gets the best out of the slower crop of RD the team is current stacked with. Certainly not based on the hope a 21 year old matures in time to make a difference within the window.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My POV move Forsling over Kempny because we have D in the pipeline short term (Snuggy) and long term. We are in win now mode.

The good:
Forsling would likely fetch more.

The bad:
GF has big-time potential and he has started to show a tendency to get braver in his play, which is his biggest flaw, IMO.

Bottom line may be how Q feels. I don't there's any question that he likes GF, and based on last season, he doesn't think nearly as highly of MK.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
The good:

The bad:
GF has big-time potential and he has started to show a tendency to get braver in his play, which is his biggest flaw, IMO.

Bottom line may be how Q feels. I don't there's any question that he likes GF, and based on last season, he doesn't think nearly as highly of MK.

My great hope is that Q has far less say in these things. If not already, than by the time the decision is made.

Hell, if the Blackhawks miss the playoffs or flame out in the first round again, he may not have any say at all, as he'd likely be out of a job.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The good:

The bad:

I think after taking that puck to the face a couple games ago, he's toughened up considerably and has looked way more confident out there. Like he took his first bit of real damage out there and now his fear of getting hurt has dissipated almost entirely.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The good news is that the Hawks have a season to find out about both Forsling and Kempny before having to make a decision.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Forsling or Kempny? Keep Forsling and don't even think twice about it.
I think both should stay though, Pretty solid left side with Keith, Forsling and Kempny.

Forsling looks great out there the majority of the time, and has a much higher ceiling than Kempny will ever have.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Not sure we can afford Kempny and Rutta. I think it's one or the other. Gotta resign Hartman too, will be tight. We do have the Panarin money coming off though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They will have to find a team to take Seabrook then all cap issues are gone.

What do you think about Seabrook + Hartman for nothing? Would you do that or keep them both? I'm just trying to look at it realistically.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Missed the game too, but in good news The Joker (Jokihariju) had a strong defensive game against Kelowna on Saturday and was instrumental in killing a 5-3.

All I can say is this...these 38 shot nights have got to stop. But I'm damned glad Sharpie and Saad stepped it up bigtime.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Friedmann wrote in his 31 thoughts that there are a real possibility of $5m raise in Cap. Of course we don't know that yet but it's possibility.

Realistic version of our cap situation is that Seabrook is traded with some kind of add and I think Hartman is something which we can afford to lose. I'm not that high on him, I think he is very solid 3rd line player in contender and fringe top-6 forward but given Cat, Hayden and Sikura, we have options too.

Not saying Hartman should be traded, BUT if Seabrook is traded with add, I think Hartman is the most replacable.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What do you think about Seabrook + Hartman for nothing? Would you do that or keep them both? I'm just trying to look at it realistically.

At this point, I would rather trade a first or second-round pick. If a team like the AVs can take him they would be able to find a taker if they retained because a team looking for a D for the playoffs would be all over him at a lesser salary. I would not worry much losing Seabrook honestly because Murphy and Rutta are already better and Franson is a solid #6 D.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The Hawks actually have managed to reload the systems with the defensive prospect but is HJ or Mitchel going to be ready in 2-3 years? Snuggy has good potential. Krys seems to be turning the corner. Gilbert is actually looking like he could be a solid 5-6 defensive type. They need to keep loading it up and taking the Saad/TT/ADB/Schmaltz types in the draft.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
At this point, I would rather trade a first or second-round pick. If a team like the AVs can take him they would be able to find a taker if they retained because a team looking for a D for the playoffs would be all over him at a lesser salary. I would not worry much losing Seabrook honestly because Murphy and Rutta are already better and Franson is a solid #6 D.

Yeah, not worried about it either, especially with the guys we have on the way. Avs would be a good team to look at, could use his leadership and Sakic would value him.

Friedmann wrote in his 31 thoughts that there are a real possibility of $5m raise in Cap. Of course we don't know that yet but it's possibility.

Realistic version of our cap situation is that Seabrook is traded with some kind of add and I think Hartman is something which we can afford to lose. I'm not that high on him, I think he is very solid 3rd line player in contender and fringe top-6 forward but given Cat, Hayden and Sikura, we have options too.

Not saying Hartman should be traded, BUT if Seabrook is traded with add, I think Hartman is the most replacable.

Agreed, it'd sting but with Hayden and others, we'd absorb the blow.

Reactions: migi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
that is the truth to really think about it. but that is in the off-season. this team this season is set. all i want is SC appearance this yr. nothing less is acceptable for me.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

if anyone remember the posts from the off season, i was ranting that hammer needs to be traded and Seabs with a 1st rnd and with Schm for a player to be determine.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
if anyone remember the posts from the off season, i was ranting that hammer needs to be traded and Seabs with a 1st rnd and with Schm for a player to be determine.

Well that woulda been bad, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad