GDT: Hawks vs Preds: 7:30PM CT on WGN--What Are The Rules?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yes I did, because at the time they both registered the same hits per 60 minutes of ice time (though it's changed since now that they've played games since with a MASSIVE toi gap between them).

That it disturbs you so speaks to how detached your perception of his physicality was from reality.

And remains, apparently.

In any case, if you honestly think AA was good tonight, god be with you. I'm sure you'll be speaking of a 'lack of effort' again as well, the next time the Hawks allow ~40 shots. :laugh:

Don't think I brought effort up once, did I? And for the record, you don't think Hayden is a physical player?

Also, I'm not "disturbed". More Jaeger crazy exaggeration.

Reactions: bayshoni

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Don't think I brought effort up once, did I? And for the record, you don't think Hayden is a physical player?

Also, I'm not "disturbed". More Jaeger crazy exaggeration.

He's on of the more physical players on the Blackhawks, not particularly physical when you compare him across the league. Which was the entire point of the Oshie comparison - they had a similar number of hits per 60 at the point I posted it. People were making him out as some physical force out there, when he was just finishing checks in line with a lot of guys around the league up to that point.

Oshie since, has fallen off, after a game in which he played a ton of minutes and his line owned the puck the entire time. Such happens with small samples. Hayden will drop off too, assuming he doesn't spend the entire time on the Blackhawks playing less than 9min every night and chasing the puck every shift.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm going to repeat a point I made earlier. Ulf made mention about a lack of pace, so the coaching staff knows it's an issue. So it's time to stop sitting Murphy, it's time to recall Hinostroza, and it's time to start pushing the pace.

Schmaltz will help, but Josi and Ellis will help Nashville when they return. We lost to a Minnesota team decimated by injuries. We NEED more than just Nick Schmaltz if we want to compete.
Amen to that!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He's on of the more physical players on the Blackhawks, not particularly physical when you compare him across the league. Which was the entire point of the Oshie comparison. People were making him out as some physical force out there, when he was just finishing checks in line with a lot of guys around the league up to that point.

Oshie since, has fallen off, after a game in which he played a ton of minutes and his line owned the puck the entire time. Such happens with small samples. Hayden will drop off too, assuming he doesn't spend the entire time on the Blackhawks playing p>

Lotta words for a yes or no question that only kind of answers it. I swear sometimes it's impossible for you to evaluate a player without numbers in front of you.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Lotta words for a yes or no question that only kind of answers it. I swear sometimes it's impossible for you to evaluate a player without numbers in front of you.

And sometimes I think it's impossible for you not to let your fandom influence your evaluation of a player.

Only idiots work in yes or no, black and white. There aren't many facets of ANYTHING where a simple yes or no is the full story, and my positions will very rarely be so easily summed up.

If everything you think can be summed up in monosyllabic grunts, then good for you.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
And sometimes I think it's impossible for you not to let your fandom influence your evaluation of a player.

Only idiots work in yes or no, black and white. There aren't many facets of ANYTHING where a simple yes or no is the full story, and my positions will very rarely be so easily summed up.

If everything you think can be summed up in monosyllabic grunts, then good for you.

Thank you for insinuating that I'm an idiot.

Hawks gud.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Thank you for insinuating that I'm an idiot.

Hawks gud.

Hey man, you were the one who was like 'too many words, can't comprehend' when I explained my position on Hayden's physicality and the Oshie comparison.

I don't think you're an idiot, but I don't like the inference than a position (from another conversation and context, no less) that requires more than a syllable to explain is somehow less valid.

Whatever, this is more catty that needed after a win, even a bad win.

If you think AA was good, so be it. I disagree. But (ironically, given the convo), I think moving Hayden to his line actually helped him a bit.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Schmaltzless In Chicago Blackhawks managed to take 2 points they hardly "deserved" ....If not for Crawford.....well you know...the point is smoke and mirrors playing 5 minutes a game competently is nit going to cut it when you pkay 55 in stench mode ...CC cannot jeep the finger in the dyke forever ...we know sone off stretches will be coming if the barrage keep up.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hey man, you were the one who was like 'too many words, can't comprehend' when I explained my position on Hayden's physicality and the Oshie comparison.

I don't think you're an idiot, but I don't like the inference than a position (from another conversation and context, no less) that requires more than a syllable to explain is somehow less valid.

Whatever, this is more catty that needed after a win, even a bad win.

If you think AA was good, so be it. I disagree. But (ironically, given the convo), I think moving Hayden to his line actually helped him a bit.
I didn't say I couldn't comprehend it, I said you didn't really answer the question. Again with the backhanded condescension.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
How has my "fandom" influenced my evaluation of a player? Hayden plays a physical game. Is he Clutterbuck? No.
Not as many hits as Clutterbuck but the Hayden hits are heavier. He needs to do that to stay in the league at this stage in his career . If he can work on that foot speed, I reckon he can be top 6 material.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
I was half-watching in the 3rd.. did we ever put Kane and Cat together at any point besides that shift where they looked dominant?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Predators still playing trap game and making very fast plays after takeaways, very sloppy passing by the Hawks (was ice like crap today? Thought so already against Wild).

Those passes needs to be tape to tape 100% if you want to go through that trap. If there is not speed like today, sloppy passes, game looks like that.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Not as many hits as Clutterbuck but the Hayden hits are heavier. He needs to do that to stay in the league at this stage in his career . If he can work on that foot speed, I reckon he can be top 6 material.
He shouldn't be replicating Clutterbuck because he's more talented. I had the same concerns with Hartman. Good enough to guarantee a bottom six career, talent enough to turn into a nice second line winger. I absolutely agree, if he -Hayden- keeps progressing he's got second line upside.

Great size, willingness to use it, good shot, decent hands, decent wheels.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
He shouldn't be replicating Clutterbuck because he's more talented. I had the same concerns with Hartman. Good enough to guarantee a bottom six career, talent enough to turn into a nice second line winger. I absolutely agree, if he -Hayden- keeps progressing he's got second line upside.

Great size, willingness to use it, good shot, decent hands, decent wheels.
And a deadly right hook!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So...when Schmaltz cones back...and IF he was as good as in the first rst 2 games, and Kane awakens to care again and all the lines fit better.. does this mean Schmaltz's agent will demand a huge raise because obviously he woukd be the magic cog that removes the argument that the problem is our D is too slow to get the puck to our forwards. ..when all Schmaltz would prove is that certain forwards went MIA and stayed I the Country Club instead of playing hard for 3 periods a game ...In other words IF Schmaltz proves there was a forward slacker problem (how can they help our d-corps if they lose puck races and puck battles and will not back-check) and that his insertion back in the lineup is the Key to motivating the forwards to actually sweat with effort (eg. $10.5 #2 as the sing example of slackeress) ...will not that make a mocket of tge d-corps is too slow to get pucks to forwards argument?Seabrook of course is too slow to get to a puck..vut apart from him on D ...is not the bigger issue tge lack of hustle for m our forwards and their lack of support for the d-corps ?TGEY ..the forwards either are not fast enough to check properly or they are lazy and incompetent ...Hartman ..Kero ...kept fumbling g pucks on sticks all over the place. .Kane was MIA..To me our forward issues (apart from Seabrook and apart from Keith in decline)..these are the bigger issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad