GDT: Hawks vs Preds: 7:30PM CT on WGN--What Are The Rules?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I guess it was a painful win tonight. Amusingly, wins are more divisive than losses on this board. But remember ...

f22c62a0335c0eafe710aeb2995cc1a1--boys-vs-girls-truths-girls-vs-boys.jpg

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kempny and Ruutta have been our two most consistently solid Dmen IMO.

And Kempny has a great ability to seemingly make any d-partner immediately better.

I'd like to sign both of them, but I think the Blackhawks will be forced to pick one, and if Q has ANY say left, it will almost certainly be Rutta.

Frankly if you put a gun to my head and asked me who to sign long-term and who to trade for assets before the rest of the league figures out they're really not all that, I'd sign Kempny and trade Forsling. Forsling's offensive upside is obvious, but dear god he is just not there away from the puck and I can't figure out why Q keeps throwing him out there but has problems with Kempny's game.

EDIT: Though, I guess there's always the chance they move Anisimov and/or Sharp doesn't resign, along with Wingels and Bouma moving on (god willing), so there might be some room available for both if they sign good deals.

Last edited:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So long as Seabrook continues getting top 4 minutes on the Blackhawks, the right side of the ice is open for business.

He got walked by Forsberg on the Nashville goal, he literally had to grab and hold Arvidsson to stop him from striding by for and odd-man rush because he's too damn slow, and rightfully got a penalty for it. He can't beat anybody to pucks even within 10 feet of him, and keeps turning it over under pressure in his own end.

After 3 pretty good games to start the season, he looks like he's already played 82 by game 6. His legs are done. He is torched pretty much every shift and it's frankly getting a embarrassing and even a little sad to watch.

Last edited:

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Man the Hawks stole that one. Feels good to finally beat Nashville again.

Crawford has been amazing the early going.

On a side note, feel sorry for Hammer, the Coyote's have yet to win a game.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
take that win and run ... outplayed but put the 2 points in the win column

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Kempny and Ruutta have been our two most consistently solid Dmen IMO.

And Kempny has a great ability to seemingly make any d-partner immediately better.

I'd like to sign both of them, but I think the Blackhawks will be forced to pick one, and if Q has ANY say left, it will almost certainly be Rutta.

Frankly if you put a gun to my head and asked me who to sign long-term and who to trade for assets before the rest of the league figures out they're really not all that, I'd sign Kempny and trade Forsling. Forsling's offensive upside is obvious, but dear god he is just not there away from the puck and I can't figure out why Q keeps throwing him out there but has problems with Kempny's game.

EDIT: Though, I guess there's always the chance they move Anisimov and/or Sharp doesn't resign, along with Wingels and Bouma moving on (god willing), so there might be some room available for both if they sign good deals.

I hope so.ATM we got two 4M players playing on 1M spots (Anisimov 3/4C and Murphy 5/6D/HS) .It's total 6 M (8-2) combined dead cap which should be aquired back.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
We are currently sitting tops in the league for points. And that with two awesome games and four sub par ones.
Not too shabby if you ask me ... lots of room for improvement yes but all things considered the team is a potential to compete for the cup.
What more can we ask for?
And oh so nice to see the boys steal one from the Preds!

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He shouldn't be replicating Clutterbuck because he's more talented. I had the same concerns with Hartman. Good enough to guarantee a bottom six career, talent enough to turn into a nice second line winger. I absolutely agree, if he -Hayden- keeps progressing he's got second line upside.

Great size, willingness to use it, good shot, decent hands, decent wheels.

It seems you're insinuating that good top 6 players should not throw their weight around, when nothing could be further from the truth. I reckon that stems from Hawks playing wimpy hockey in recent times.
I find guys like Hayden and Murphy refreshing. I wouldn't mind Bouma and Wingels either if they had an ounce of offense in them, which they don't.

Jeremy Roenick was one of my favorite Hawks and I would love to have another. Perhaps Hayden will come close one day.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It seems you're insinuating that good top 6 players should not throw their weight around, when nothing could be further from the truth. I reckon that stems from Hawks playing wimpy hockey in recent times.
I find guys like Hayden and Murphy refreshing. I wouldn't mind Bouma and Wingels either if they had an ounce of offense in them, which they don't.

Jeremy Roenick was one of my favorite Hawks and I would love to have another. Perhaps Hayden will come close one day.
Not at all. I'm just saying they shouldn't be focused on JUST being an energy guy.

Reactions: BobbyJet

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So again Q states that the way we need to play is like like the last 15 minutes ...which is am obvious remark...But my question is Why does Q tolerate a 15 good 45 bad habit since the 2st 2 games?Again if it is just Schmaltz that will change us back to a 45-15 club from a 15-45 performance /effort/competence /compete /want showing ...Then we let Q off the hook...BUT if it is A Country Club Coach who tolerates slack and sloppy play and little Exertion to win puck battles and puck races and tolerates play way below talent level (eg .Kane going invisible several games in a row..Kane not even getting 1 shot on goal last night)...come on...you mean to tell me a Coach anywhere who cannot get his pkayer's to try hard at minimum 2/3 of a game and so only gets a 1/3 effort from them desrrvesvtonstay in the job? SLACKER stars get away with murder under Q ..a coach needs to light a fire ..needsvhis team to battle with urgency ..People pay big bucks to watch what yheybhopebiscacteam giving best effort rt most of a game at minimum and a full 60 at best ..When you see several games in a row at 1/3 showing up to play 15 good monutes to 45 meh to hardly sweat g monutes..you gotta question that coach.A coach has to get the best out now what he has ..
Including all his best talent ..You cannot let fat-cat players get away with cheating hon their focus and effort..

We have heard the 82 game grind forces guys to "pace themselvrs" lest they get tired ...but still it is dovearly in the grind how can we be tired or pacing ourselves to less than expected effort levels already?This coach has some explaining to do..refuses to bag-skate slackers ..conducts "battle drills" in practice that Never seems to work against oppnentsbexceptvfor 15 /60 ..and you do not think something is amiss with our Country Club Merlot-swilling coach?How can he tolerate performances like this?People pay big bucks to sit and watch a "competition: and we let Nashvilke dominate us (without 2 ofvthe best d-men in the league. ..Josi and Ellis were out)and all Q motivated his to to show was 45 minutes of garbage! SOMETHING stinks.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We are currently sitting tops in the league for points. And that with two awesome games and four sub par ones.
Not too shabby if you ask me ... lots of room for improvement yes but all things considered the team is a potential to compete for the cup.
What more can we ask for?
And oh so nice to see the boys steal one from the Preds!

Points are key and Hawks had 2 points last night. Another positive: Sharpie scores a key goal at the right time, which stirs up good memories.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Points are key and Hawks had 2 points last night. Another positive: Sharpie scores a key goal at the right time, which stirs up good memories.
IMO, the development of Rutta, Kempny, and Forsling throughout the season will ultimately decide our post season. We need their speed on the backline. From that, we can mix Seabrook and Murphy into the equation while Keith remains our bedrock.

I'm not too worried about the other parts of the game. We'll start scoring again. Our PK is far improved.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I guess it was a painful win tonight. Amusingly, wins are more divisive than losses on this board. But remember ...

f22c62a0335c0eafe710aeb2995cc1a1--boys-vs-girls-truths-girls-vs-boys.jpg

I'm a union railroader. I've bought beers for guys I was throwing fists with fifteen minutes earlier. Don't hold grudges. Me and Jaeger are good. Until next time.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Forlsing in my opinion is much improved the last two games. He had the terrible turnover against the wild, but I see him making decisive decisions with and without the puck. He's making keith like plays on his own blueline cutting in front multline passes. Eventually the forwards will trust the Rutta Forsling pair and the puck will be going the other way quickly.

Reactions: BobbyJet

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I was shocked when I saw the Gv/Tk stats..We only had 1 gove-aways and had 10 take-aways..The take-aways must have all come bin the last 15 minutes and OT...cause we never had the puck in the first 45...Only 1 GV is our best showing in that stat all season. .yet we played p-poor hockey the first 45 mind...McD must have been so embarrassed by our copies give-aways the prior 4 games that he paidcthecstatscguys to ignore some turnovers. .cause surely we could not go thru this showing with only 2 give-aways? But as I said...we hardly tpuchedvtgenpuck the first 45 ..so you cannot turn it over mich when you do not have the puck much.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Exactly. Sharpie looks to be 75% of what he used to be which is a very good thing!
My only concern with this team right now is that Schmaltz may be a little fragile to endure the kind of attention he will be garnering as the games go on.
Feel good about this team though!

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Exactly. Sharpie looks to be 75% of what he used to be which is a very good thing!
My only concern with this team right now is that Schmaltz may be a little fragile to endure the kind of attention he will be garnering as the games go on.
Feel good about this team though!
re bold, if this was indeed a concussion, then i am thinking the same.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Missed the game but it sounds like the Hawks came out sluggish, played much better the last 15, and then did their OT thing.

Points are points. If this team is slow it makes no sense to not play Murphy (unless the injury is still there).

How did Kane look? Debrincat?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Missed the game but it sounds like the Hawks came out sluggish, played much better the last 15, and then did their OT thing.

Points are points. If this team is slow it makes no sense to not play Murphy (unless the injury is still there).

How did Kane look? Debrincat?
Kane: not quite as bad as most of the last 3 games but still nonchalant in his play. He woke up in OT with all that open ice and set up Saad for a nice winner.

Cat: still adapting to the loss of that extra split second he would usually get in Junior. He needs to protect himself better or he is going to get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->