Pre-Game Talk: Hawks@Vegas 11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, he struggled earlier on, on the PK, but that was because the PK was complete garbage. Lehner stood on his head on the PKs, can't expect both goalies to do that every night.

He has done very well on the PK the last 3 or so games
the entire pk has looked better as well - strong goaltending helps with that but so does playing the correct units out there and those guys actually doing their f'ng jobs.

many of us have been hard on Crow and rightfully so as he looked done to start the year..but everyone of us that has been hard on him still loves him and wants him to do well here..I hope he plays strong the rest of the way, I would love to see him and Lehner challenge for the Jennings bwahahaha...I will be happy come the final 2 weeks we are right there for a playoff spot..this will be a tough test for Crow, Vegas is just a different beast than most of the West.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Much different. JC seems very transparent about this stuff. (not a knock on Q at all).
Didn't Hawks change their philosophy on how they announce injuries, last year (or recently)? Thought I remember them saying they were going to be more transparent about them.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Didn't Hawks change their philosophy on how they announce injuries, last year (or recently)? Thought I remember them saying they were going to be more transparent about them.

Yep. (I just wanted make sure people didn't think I was taking a shot at Q).

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yeah, he struggled earlier on, on the PK, but that was because the PK was complete garbage. Lehner stood on his head on the PKs, can't expect both goalies to do that every night.

He has done very well on the PK the last 3 or so games

I would say it was mostly on Crawford for not playing well. A bunch of those goals he let up early on were not very good. He was not sharp.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Does anyone think a 3 way trade sending gus and seabs away with minimal returns our way and say 2 mil retained gets it done?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Does anyone think a 3 way trade sending gus and seabs away with minimal returns our way and say 2 mil retained gets it done?

Not even close.

I don't think there's a team in the league that is willing to take on Seabrook's contract for anything short of a ridiculous overpayment(multiple prospects/picks). How could anyone who has watched him over the last two seasons waste a roster spot on him? Let alone $4-5M in cap space, if the Hawks retained? I hate to say it, but all Hawks fans can really do is hope for an LTIR injury.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Half of the goals, were guys left wide open in front of the net, with a couple more own goals.

He's only seen 30 shots on the power play. He's given up 8 goals. Regardless of the circumstances, that's absolutely terrible. And I think you're exaggerating. I can recall a few pretty weak goals given up by Crawford on the power play.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Half of the goals, were guys left wide open in front of the net, with a couple more own goals.

Especially early Crawford showed a weak glove side and poor rebound control has also been noticeable. Both aspects of his game have improved recently though. Fingers crossed as he will need to be stellar tonight I reckon.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I had a feeling that puck to the head Caggiula took from Boqvist's shot was a problem, especially with his concussion issues. I'm glad he did say something to the staff about it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's only seen 30 shots on the power play. He's given up 8 goals. Regardless of the circumstances, that's absolutely terrible. And I think you're exaggerating. I can recall a few pretty weak goals given up by Crawford on the power play.
He wasnt good, but the Dzone coverage and net front coverage did not help him at all. That has improved along with being more aggressive on the PK. I'm not defending his play early on, but he had little help most nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad