Pre-Game Talk: Hawks@Vegas 11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If Dach gets sandwiched in between Carpenter and Smith, then that is absolute bullshit. That's not how you treat a young kid with his talent. If you swap Smith for Nylander, it's at least a little less awful.

But I do understand why Nylander might not be dressing tomorrow. His last three games haven't been up to par for him and he's already shown that he responds to being benched.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Dach gets sandwiched in between Carpenter and Smith, then that is absolute bull****. That's not how you treat a young kid with his talent. If you swap Smith for Nylander, it's at least a little less awful.

But I do understand why Nylander might not be dressing tomorrow. His last three games haven't been up to par for him and he's already shown that he responds to being benched.
This might be a little whacked out, but I'd like to try Smith with Toews and Saad. I actually think he might fit there.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Ideally seabrook. But probably won't happen. My guess Boqvist goes to Rockford.

pisses me off even thinking about this scenario...one goal by the way...cant sit the worst f***ing player on the team but they're all about winning....belichik would go tell 7 to take a seat and eventually send him home cause thats what winning over everything orgs/coaches do

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Boqvist will go back to Rockford because the organization would rather throw the season away than bench Seabrook.

I apologize everyone for the overreaction but I really dislike Seabrook.

Is it an overreaction? Boqvist in his like 7 games of NHL experience is already better than KFC...Its not like this situation goes away when Ian Mitchell enters the picture in 6 months...Make the hard choice now and get it over with, they're gonna have to by spring anyway

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Boqvist will go back to Rockford because the organization would rather throw the season away than bench Seabrook.

Not an overreaction. Not in the least. Seabrook will uselessly fill up a spot preventing one of Boqvist or Mitchell from playing in the NHL. It's f***ing awful. It's about as shitty a situation as this team could find itself in. Icing a worse roster on every single night because Seabs sucks at hockey, and Stan gave him a contract 4-5 years too long.

I honestly expect a D trade at some point this season, because we seem to have too many, but I fully expect Seabs will continue to play 95% of the games, and it f***ing blows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
That's my guess too. It shouldn't happen, but it's my expectation. The other option is to waive Koekkoek. If they do that, I'd expect him to be
claimed.

There also could be a Gus trade brewing.

Everyone is in agreement. I wouldn't waive koekkoek. I think he's been damn solid this year. Maybe a trade with gus is going to happen. He's playing much better since his scratch. Only thing that scares me about trading Gus now is the value of said trade. He's more valuable to the hawks right now then what a trade return would probably bring.
Still like having him as a good puck mover from the back end.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah I don’t think your gonna find many people that want Seabrook playing over Boqvist

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

You don't dislike Seabrook ... you just hate his contract. It's not Seabrook's fault Father Time caught up and the Hawks gave him a silly contract. The guy played a physical game and laid it on the line for 3 Cups. It's not surprising Seabrook's body is washed after a ton of games. He just can't move.

Reactions: bwana63

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You don't dislike Seabrook ... you just hate his contract. It's not Seabrook's fault Father Time caught up and the Hawks gave him a silly contract. The guy played a physical game and laid it on the line for 3 Cups. It's not surprising Seabrook's body is washed after a ton of games. He just can't move.

It's partially his fault that he's playing the minutes/situations as if he's a top pair D still. I mean... he's in denial that he can still play at the NHL level. Maybe if they played him how he should be played as an aged vet, on the third pair, seeing 8-10 minutes a night... he wouldn't have this issue. It seems the entire Hawks organization just refuses to accept the truth that he's now a third pairing D, at best, and thinks he's an ageless wonder that can still play 25 minutes a night, and in all situations, and be successful. That's just not the case. The sooner the FO, Coach, and Seabs realize this, the better off the Hawks will be.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's partially his fault that he's playing the minutes/situations as if he's a top pair D still. I mean... he's in denial that he can still play at the NHL level. Maybe if they played him how he should be played as an aged vet, on the third pair, seeing 8-10 minutes a night... he wouldn't have this issue. It seems the entire Hawks organization just refuses to accept the truth that he's now a third pairing D, at best, and thinks he's an ageless wonder that can still play 25 minutes a night, and in all situations, and be successful. That's just not the case. The sooner the FO, Coach, and Seabs realize this, the better off the Hawks will be.
I don't see how it's his fault. The coach should not give 2 shits if Seabrook thinks he can still play. Coach tells him when to go on the ice, so tell him to go on less. Simple.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't see how it's his fault. The coach should not give 2 ****s if Seabrook thinks he can still play. Coach tells him when to go on the ice, so tell him to go on less. Simple.

Do you really think Colliton doesn't recognize the fact that Seabrook has the worst advanced statistics of all but 4-5 D in the entire league? I'd say this is more FO/McDouche than anything else. Nothing to back that up, obviously, but I can't imagine Colliton doesn't see it when even the worst of the meatball fans can see it...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Do you really think Colliton doesn't recognize the fact that Seabrook has the worst advanced statistics of all but 4-5 D in the entire league? I'd say this is more FO/McDouche than anything else. Nothing to back that up, obviously, but I can't imagine Colliton doesn't see it when even the worst of the meatball fans can see it...
I don't know, but I know it's not Seabs fault that he is playing 20mins a night. The coach takes first blame since he allocates the minutes. I don't imagine the FO/McDouche was involved in him getting scratched, so I doubt they are involved in how many mins he plays.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't know, but I know it's not Seabs fault that he is playing 20mins a night. The coach takes first blame since he allocates the minutes. I don't imagine the FO/McDouche was involved in him getting scratched, so I doubt they are involved in how many mins he plays.

No, it is definitely partially his fault. He needs to recognize he's hurting the team more than helping, and if I were him, I'd be telling the damn coach that I can't handle playing those roles anymore. As a "leader", seeing as he wears a letter, that's on him. Except he's also in denial.

Every single veteran player has their role diminished as they fall off the cliff. Not him, though... and you want to blame the coach for it entirely? I call BS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad