Pre-Game Talk: Hawks@Vegas 11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
They should filter Dach in the top 6 every 4 or 5 games just to give him a taste of more minutes. I get the idea of sheltering him though.

It seems they are developing him like Carolina did Svechnikov last year. Mostly on the third line bewteen 10-14 minutes a night. His most common line mates last year were Martinook and Wallmark. It worked out well for him because he's leading the team in scoring among forwards this year and has a ton of confidence. Each prospect is different but when you look at his results it eases the frustration a little bit with Dachs deployment.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I’m not worried. Crow has been good lately. Lehner has been better. I still think crow can find his groove and start stealing games.

To worry about goaltending seems a bit strange to me when you consider the other issues with this team.

Except goaltending is significantly the most important position in hockey. One small mistake back there can cost Hawks a game ... and stopping the puck is especially critical for this team who give up so many good looks to ops. CC hasn't been bad but one can already have a pretty good case that he cost the team points in early action this season. So yeah, if Hawks have any chance for a PO bid the guy in nets is something to always be concerned about.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Do you really think Colliton doesn't recognize the fact that Seabrook has the worst advanced statistics of all but 4-5 D in the entire league? I'd say this is more FO/McDouche than anything else. Nothing to back that up, obviously, but I can't imagine Colliton doesn't see it when even the worst of the meatball fans can see it...

While we can only speculate, this would surprise me. Winning would be a far bigger boost for the marketing department than playing a washed up defenseman who any educated fan no longer wants on the team.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I don't really hate the Blues now Backes is gone, same with Vancouver that all their meatheads are gone. I despise Nashville and Pittsburgh. Also Montreal, Boston and Toronto just as there are so many fans of those teams here.
My hate for the Blues was waning until the started headhunting the last round and a half of the playoffs.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
While we can only speculate, this would surprise me. Winning would be a far bigger boost for the marketing department than playing a washed up defenseman who any educated fan no longer wants on the team.

My personal assumption is that the FO would have to sign off on any long term benching because they would have to deal with the fallout (trade, buyout, etc.). Him sitting every day is only going up the cost of getting someone to take him, if that is even possible.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Big test for the Hawks' work ethic and compete tonight... Half ass effort isn't going to cut it. They have to bring it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

I’m not saying HF Boards is the penultimate place for Hawks hockey discussion, but most Hawks fans are easily the type that Chief and Barstool appeals to. There are A LOT of meathead fans who see Seabrook as basically the same guy he was when we won Cups so they’re mad he’s benched (and they’re mad Q is fired). At least based on my real-world interactions with Hawks fans the past decade...I’d say most of them are pretty uninformed

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If the Hawks can’t trade Seabrook to Seattle this summer, I think they should just buy him out. There’s next to zero cap benefit but he’ll no longer be taking ice time and a roster spot from other defenseman.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If the Hawks can’t trade Seabrook to Seattle this summer, I think they should just buy him out. There’s next to zero cap benefit but he’ll no longer be taking ice time and a roster spot from other defenseman.
Yeah, but I honestly think Bowman and Colliton think he provides something to this team, so I don't see it happening.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Cagiula out isn't good. I really like his grind.

Crow in net. Not ideal. He was decent his last start but lots of rebounds and he's the second best goalie on this team.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Cagiula out isn't good. I really like his grind.

Crow in net. Not ideal. He was decent his last start but lots of rebounds and he's the second best goalie on this team.
He is still a pretty good goalie, and Lehner can't play every game, and is still hurting from the shot he took last game.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

just don't show those power play numbers...

we need Crow to at least be the guy he was at times last year..he should get plenty of rest and remain sharp. if he plays like he has been the past few games and Lehner is anywhere near as close to the goalie he has been this team has as legit a shot at the playoffs as we have had in some time.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
just don't show those power play numbers...

we need Crow to at least be the guy he was at times last year..he should get plenty of rest and remain sharp. if he plays like he has been the past few games and Lehner is anywhere near as close to the goalie he has been this team has as legit a shot at the playoffs as we have had in some time.
Yeah, he struggled earlier on, on the PK, but that was because the PK was complete garbage. Lehner stood on his head on the PKs, can't expect both goalies to do that every night.

He has done very well on the PK the last 3 or so games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad