Pre-Game Talk: Hawks@Vegas 11-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Do you really think Colliton doesn't recognize the fact that Seabrook has the worst advanced statistics of all but 4-5 D in the entire league? I'd say this is more FO/McDouche than anything else. Nothing to back that up, obviously, but I can't imagine Colliton doesn't see it when even the worst of the meatball fans can see it...

I could see Rocky/McD thinking its generating too much negative press and strongly push for him to play most nights. Could also see Colliton caving in here to ensure he keeps his leadership group on board. Seabrook sat two games and it made way more waves than it should've...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I place more of the blame on upper management. Colliton knows Seabrook is washed. However, until he gets the okay from the top, Seabrook is playing. I dont blame Seabrook for wanting to play. Proud athletes are usually last to know when it's over.

Reactions: bwana63

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
How or how long Seabs is deployed when he dresses, is fair criticism of JC. But I don't think it's fair to expect him to make Seabs the number 7 without an ok from management though. There's just no way the GM and front office would be indifferent to him becoming a regular scratch with that contract.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I'm starting to hate Vegas more than our division rivals.

Well all except Nashville.

Reactions: Cowch

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You don't dislike Seabrook ... you just hate his contract. It's not Seabrook's fault Father Time caught up and the Hawks gave him a silly contract. The guy played a physical game and laid it on the line for 3 Cups. It's not surprising Seabrook's body is washed after a ton of games. He just can't move.

Actually, I very much dislike Seabrook the hockey player. He's f***ing terrible. I'd go so far to say...I actually HATE Seabrook the hockey player. Every time I see him on the ice it pisses me off. It's actually so bad that I hope every game he pulls or sprains something and has to sit out the rest of the season. Unfortunately, the only way out of this misery is injury.

His tantrum when he got benched has a LOT to do with him playing right now. He could have taken the healthy scratch with humility and been a good teammate, and he didn't. Which leads to even more dislike of Seabrook, the hockey player.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Actually, I very much dislike Seabrook the hockey player. He's ****ing terrible. I'd go so far to say...I actually HATE Seabrook the hockey player. Every time I see him on the ice it pisses me off. It's actually so bad that I hope every game he pulls or sprains something and has to sit out the rest of the season. Unfortunately, the only way out of this misery is injury.

His tantrum when he got benched has a LOT to do with him playing right now. He could have taken the healthy scratch with humility and been a good teammate, and he didn't. Which leads to even more dislike of Seabrook, the hockey player.
I didn't like his tantrum either, but when it's all over ... I bet you will appreciate Seabrook for the 3 Cups. He was a major player. That said, I understand your anger. I'm just as angry right now. I'm always cheering when Seabrook's shift doesn't end in a goal against or penalty taken.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The line combos are really starting to piss me off.

What in the living hell are talented offensive-minded players like Dach and Nylander doing on the 4th line with Carpenter and Smith? What is Smith doing in the lineup at all?

Keep 92 on the Toews line and put Dach there too. Give them top 6 minutes as well as PP time.

Put Saad back with Kampf and Kubalik

DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Nylander-Toews-Dach
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Caggiula-Carpenter-Shaw

That makes sense. It’s not that hard...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
No, it is definitely partially his fault. He needs to recognize he's hurting the team more than helping, and if I were him, I'd be telling the damn coach that I can't handle playing those roles anymore. As a "leader", seeing as he wears a letter, that's on him. Except he's also in denial.

Every single veteran player has their role diminished as they fall off the cliff. Not him, though... and you want to blame the coach for it entirely? I call BS.
No player is going to tell his coach he doesn't want to play anymore unless he doesn't want to play. It is the coaches responsibility to bench him if he isn't helping the team. I blame no one but the guy who writes the lineup card, I think that is pretty fair.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I'm with @Styles on hating vgk. One of those teams with several guys I like, but can't stand the team.

Really hoping we dont have to see Crow, but he did beat Van, so who knows.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
I could see Rocky/McD thinking its generating too much negative press and strongly push for him to play most nights. Could also see Colliton caving in here to ensure he keeps his leadership group on board. Seabrook sat two games and it made way more waves than it should've...

But he doesn't have to play Seabrook 20+ mins a game.

Reactions: BrianE

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
pisses me off even thinking about this scenario...one goal by the way...cant sit the worst ****ing player on the team but they're all about winning....belichik would go tell 7 to take a seat and eventually send him home cause thats what winning over everything orgs/coaches do

This

And if continues (i know it's still early) and we sputter and miss the po's time for new coach & gm.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I'm with @Styles on hating vgk. One of those teams with several guys I like, but can't stand the team.

Really hoping we dont have to see Crow, but he did beat Van, so who knows.
I’m not worried. Crow has been good lately. Lehner has been better. I still think crow can find his groove and start stealing games.

To worry about goaltending seems a bit strange to me when you consider the other issues with this team.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
If you hate them more than St. Louis, then you aren't really a Hawks fan.
I don't really hate the Blues now Backes is gone, same with Vancouver that all their meatheads are gone. I despise Nashville and Pittsburgh. Also Montreal, Boston and Toronto just as there are so many fans of those teams here.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
The line combos are really starting to piss me off.

What in the living hell are talented offensive-minded players like Dach and Nylander doing on the 4th line with Carpenter and Smith? What is Smith doing in the lineup at all?

Keep 92 on the Toews line and put Dach there too. Give them top 6 minutes as well as PP time.

Put Saad back with Kampf and Kubalik

DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Nylander-Toews-Dach
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Caggiula-Carpenter-Shaw

That makes sense. It’s not that hard...

I really like those lines. Thumbs up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad