Hawks of yesteryear: The place to talk/argue Hawks playing elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Yeah, I really liked Nordstrom's effort, but he's too small and really doesn't contribute in any way.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Nordstrom upto 9 goals and 12 a and+4...Desjardins has 7g 2a and is -7 ....Obviously kept the wrong guy...Desjardins more expensive cap hit this season but signed for another year at the hometown discount (not meaning his hometown but rather he took a big discount to stay in Chicago for 2 more years) whereas Nordstrom is RFA as his contract expires and probably gets a raise to cost much more than Desjardins next season ...But still Nordstrom the better return 9n investment so far this season.

If you think we kept the wrong guy you should reevaluate. Glad Nordstrom is playing well but he was garbage here and he is now getting top 6 minutes on a bad team.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Desi>Nordstrom every day of the week

50 is just looking for anything to complain about at this point. It is kind of sad.

While the world is not all rainbows and butterflies it is 100% not as bad as 50/BWC and some posters make it out to be. This team is really good and it sucks that they are missing out on the joy of having great team to cheer for and having it last this long. I actually feel bad that they are missing this. While it has happened in Chicago before (the Bulls) we should feel pretty lucky.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Nordstrom could have 15 goals playing next to Jordan Staal and I would still say Desi > Nordy any day of the week. Quit stat watching fiddy :laugh:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
After 11 games Rundblad still has a higher PPG than Auston Matthews on ZSC. Also has a higher PPG than Kane when he played in the Swiss league. Lols.

11GP 2G 13A 15PTS

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
First five games with Montreal Danault is -4 with 1A.

I was hoping he would be playing better, but that's just stats and I haven't seen him play outside of the leafs game.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
He is made for the big ice.....and to piss in BWC's cereal.

More so quoting for the comment before the ellipse, but this.

Some players just can't convert their game to the smaller ice surface. The talent divide may also have something to do with it, though. Big fish in a small pond, and all that jazz.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
More so quoting for the comment before the ellipse, but this.

Some players just can't convert their game to the smaller ice surface. The talent divide may also have something to do with it, though. Big fish in a small pond, and all that jazz.

Talent is the issue. Rundblad would post very good numbers in the AHL. He's an AAAA player.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Talent is the issue. Rundblad would post very good numbers in the AHL. He's an AAAA player.

I can't disagree at all here, it's the reason so many teams took a chance on the guy. He just can't translate it to the biggest stage for whatever reason.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I cant wait until he has one good game and BWC goes off about how terrible Stanley is.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I cant wait until he has one good game and BWC goes off about how terrible Stanley is.

There is no defending anything with regard to Sharp trade

It has been disaster and the ramifications longterm could very well be terrible if Johns becomes what many believe he can be as an NHL defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad