Olsen (Fla) = Back in minors ,, Will never be NHL regular
Dahlbeck (Ari) = Playing for McDavid competing Yotes
Clendening (Van) = Back to AHL
Stanton (Van) = Healthy scratch a lot lately
Niemi (SJ) = Not really playing well nor popular with many Shark fans now
Havlat + Ruutu (NJ) = Washed up
Erixon (Tor) = Barely holding onto NHL spot at this point
Morin (Clb) = Has failed to impress with change of scenery

Kyle Beach = Average player in Austria ,, Wow what a bust!

Figured DHF and others had best idea to contain all Ex-Hawk talk into one thread

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yakubov appears to be at end in KHL ,, Having his worst season of career in Russia

Vorobiev I believe retired because of injuries at end of last season

No23

May 16, 2013
Other than maybe K.Hayes, there isn't a single player playing elsewhere that the Hawks will regret getting rid of. And Hayes himself was very much in organization's plans, too bad that the Blackhawks were not in his.

Bowman did very well, some players just catch fire playing in other situations. And some, as we see don't. Ever.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The Good , Bad and Ugly of ex-Hawks to be discussed in here

Frolik (Wpg) = Having wonderful year
Pirri + Hayes (Fla) = Having some success
Olsen (Fla) = Back in minors ,, Will never be NHL regular
Dahlbeck (Ari) = Playing for McDavid competing Yotes
Clendening (Van) = Back to AHL
Stanton (Van) = Healthy scratch a lot lately
Niemi (SJ) = Not really playing well nor popular with many Shark fans now
Havlat + Ruutu (NJ) = Washed up
Erixon (Tor) = Barely holding onto NHL spot at this point
Morin (Clb) = Has failed to impress with change of scenery

Kyle Beach = Average player in Austria ,, Wow what a bust!

Figured DHF and others had best idea to contain all Ex-Hawk talk into one thread

Pirri and Hayes having 'some success' is really understating it.

And you left Buff and Ladd off your list.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Pirri has 22 points in 41 games. Hayes has 31 points in 64 games. How is 'some success' understating that?

Pirri has 20 goals in 41 games. To me that's more than 'some success'.

Hayes is having a better rookie year than any of us expected. Some people were saying that they'd rather have the #54 pick than Hayes, and while that was probably sour grapes, it sounds awfully foolish now.

Edit: Sorry, I thought you and BWC were referring to Kevin, not Jimmy.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Jayes was having a great start to his year, but really seemed to fizzle out the last 2 months. Can't say I know enough about Florida to know what happened there. It semi correlates to Pirri's return to their lineup and goal scoring rise.

I did see Stalberg put up some points in his recent return to Nashville's lineup. Any chance of him getting to be a regular on their playoff roster sounds good to me.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Other than maybe K.Hayes, there isn't a single player playing elsewhere that the Hawks will regret getting rid of. And Hayes himself was very much in organization's plans, too bad that the Blackhawks were not in his.

Bowman did very well, some players just catch fire playing in other situations. And some, as we see don't. Ever.

This is how I feel. People can crow about how great Pirri is doing since we let him go, he was never a fit here regardless of how many stats he puts up. I think they would have loved to keep JHayes too if he would have shown more consistency than he did.

Nothingman*

Jayes always looked like he was going to fall over when he skated. Uncoordinated or something.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
Could they make a playoff contender out of ex Hawks right now? Bolland, Thomas k, laddie, buff, soup, niemi, Khayes, jhayes, Pirri, frolik, Brouwer, leddy... It gets interesting I guess the glaring weakness is center specially up top.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Could they make a playoff contender out of ex Hawks right now? Bolland, Thomas k, laddie, buff, soup, niemi, Khayes, jhayes, Pirri, frolik, Brouwer, leddy... It gets interesting I guess the glaring weakness is center specially up top.

No, absolutely not. Outside of Ladd, Byfuglien and maybe Leddy, all of those guys are spare parts. There's not a ton to build around.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if any team has more former players still playing around the league. I doubt it.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

If we include guys sent recently to minors (Olsen + Clendening)

Ladd-Hayes-Hayes
Frolik-Bolland-Brouwer
Morin-Kopecky-Pirri
Stalberg-Ruutu-Bourque
(Adams , Havlat , Skille)

Campbell-Byfuglien
Leddy-Wisniewski
Dahlbeck-Stanton
(Olsen , Clendening)

Niemi
Anderson
(Hutton)

Wouldn't be a playoff contender ,, Terrible C depth and weak D

Last edited:

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
Pirri stat line is something like 20-2. Haven't been watching him. Are his linemates really that bad? He is not a bad playmaker.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Bowman hasn't really been stung on anybody he's let go so far. None of the prospects have emerged as a big "whoopsie" and the rest of the good ones earning their cap hits are in roles that weren't likely had in Chicago. Players that left are pretty much what they were supposed to be and others had ridiculous raises. All in all it's played out very well in Chicago, it can't last too much longer though. With so many big player decisions, a few of these have to go badly eventually. Every gm has ups and downs with those types of transactions.

KHayes is the only one that stings to me so far. No gm in their right mind would have really pushed hard to sign him early or to have a designated spot cleared out for him after poopgate and his near career ending injury. Maybe they could have done more last February, but I'm not sure it was justified for a little while after that.

I was hoping Travis Brown was going to turn into something. It would have been fun have a constant reminder that John Scott turned into something useful.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Pirri stat line is something like 20-2. Haven't been watching him. Are his linemates really that bad? He is not a bad playmaker.

He's shooting from everywhere.

Which is smart considering his shooting percentage is at 15% right now, and at one point on this run was 25% for several games. :laugh: I'd shoot the puck a ton too if somewhere between 1-in-4 and 1-in-7 shots went in the net.

He'll cool off, I doubt he replicates this rate next year and becomes 40 goal scorer. He'll be a pretty consistent 20+ goal scorer IMO.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Pirri looks great, especially when it comes to getting good shots off. Then he has these gigantic brainfarts like he had on the pp against MTL last week and they end up giving up a shortie because his blown read on a play (not sure what to call it, it's like he froze or was asleep). He also scored in that game too btw. His reads can be horrendous but there's no questioning his offensive skill and his individual defense is good enough imo. If he fixes the mistakes (because they're big, not too frequent from what I've seen) he'll have a real nice career in top 6 situations in my opinion.

I enjoy the Panthers broadcasts I've watched, they drive the homer bus, the dumptruck to back over their own players with (including Pirri on occassion), and all sorts of other fun and sometimes obnoxious vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad