Hawks of yesteryear: The place to talk/argue Hawks playing elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
In off-ice, ex-Hawks news, Saad's been working to try to rescue Syrian family members from the civil war and bringing them to the United States.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ilys-struggle-in-syria-has-been-an-eye-opener

Honestly never put two and two together about the Syrian Civil War and the impact it might have on Saad. Knew he was of Syrian-descent, but never thought about it until I saw a topic about this on the main board.

Thanks for the link NFS, a poster here mentioned this immediately after the trade and said Saader left for more cash as he supposedly needed (guess more doesn't hurt) it to bring his relatives here to the US.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Smith with a 2 point night in 16 mins of ice time.

You could that goal meant a lot to him as well. Happy for him.

An exceptionally nice guy who tried his hardest when he was here. Unfortunate that he became a cap causality, and then got a concussion in San Jose.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
An exceptionally nice guy who tried his hardest when he was here. Unfortunate that he became a cap causality, and then got a concussion in San Jose.

Meh.. he also was very lucky. Got his name on the cup with a ring playing only a game in the SCF. I'm sure Smitty would take that tradeoff anyday.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
LOL ... Versteeg scores another as LA rolls along. Play hard boys. :naughty:

And THAT'S the guy I wanted at the deadline to play on the top line. ####!

With all the damn talk about the chemistry being messed up cause of the new additions, why the heck wouldn't we get him? I can't help but feel a burning sensation on the back of my neck every time he scores for....."them". Need to stop watchin' K**gs games.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And THAT'S the guy I wanted at the deadline to play on the top line. ####!

With all the damn talk about the chemistry being messed up cause of the new additions, why the heck wouldn't we get him? I can't help but feel a burning sensation on the back of my neck every time he scores for....."them". Need to stop watchin' K**gs games.

Versteeg ahead of Ladd? Come on.

You must love punishment.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Kris "grass is greener on the other side" Versteeg

Is there a guy that people get more excited about the prospect of joining the team and then get so excited about trading once he's on the team than him?

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Versteeg ahead of Ladd? Come on.

You must love punishment.

Not in terms of skill, but in chemistry. Plus my OCD which comes and goes dictates that I must have a righty on the left side. And further, Steeg's one of my favorites. And now, he's scoring for the bad guys. :cry:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looking at Stan's pitiful summer returns on Sharp and Steeger at this point is just too much

Would have rather thrown away asset on another year of Steeger then the Weise

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Weise had 1:33 in TOI 1st period, which was a team low. Mash had 2:22. He's not getting ice time. Who in the hell knows why.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
BS

Habs were trying to move Flash for a pick at deadline

Could have very easily gotten him without giving up Danault and taking Weise

You have no clue if it is BS. Other than the reports of the package nothing has been released. Not shocked that you are acting like we gave up a lot in Danault.

Stan is a top 3 gm and is making millions of dollars, how mad does that make you? Rundblad makes a million dollars as well and probably swims in he money like Scroog McDuck with a huge smile and a super model girlfriend. I really do wish I could photo shop this)

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Reading the Hayes thread on B's board it seems pretty clear he is not loved by fans

Poor year and his usual issues seem to still be major problems

Hayes year

69 GP
13 G
16 A
29 pts
-10 (Worst +/- on team)
13:00 ATOI

No pts in last 10 games ,, Just 3 goals in last 30 games

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Versteeg will be a key cog in LA's run this year, you can bank on that.

And Scuds :amazed:.......i know they are heavily favored to end up in WCF but i still think they can be upended by the Ducks. Just never know still have to play the games.

Nine games in with the Kings, Scuderi is averaging 20 minutes playing alongside Drew Doughty, and he has amassed 4 assists and is a +6......wow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad