GDT: Hawks @ Jackets 11/23/23 NBC sports Chicago 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I said it before and I'll say again (and most likely say it again later in the season) but you cannot judge Luke Richarson until he has an NHL caliber team, which he does not have currently.

As for Corey Perry, who cares about the reason. The Hawks are handling it internally and that is all that matter.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So tge Columbus tv crew in tgeir feed said Oery was out with the flu which was goibg around..Now it cones out this is oit the reason?

The Columbus media crew must feel betrayed by the Hawks communications depth. Wor whoever o the Hawjs told them he was out with flu.
Now we have to deal with issues Hawks brass are liars?

You cannot treat fanscirvopponenyv media that way.. Truth must be reported to all.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Wayne Gretzky, the greatest player of all time, was a horrible NHL coach.

But Luke Richardson, with his 20 some odd years, just needs a better team....

I mean, you can say the same thing for Eberlose if coaches need an actual pro team to coach.

The truth is, both Poles and Davidson need to be canned. Both ruined legacy teams and all Cornball decisions fall directly on both of them.

Davidson was gifted a generational talent and instead of thinking "hey, this guy's elc starts this year, maybe instead of drafting magic beans that may or may not become NHL talents I should, oh...I don't know, use all those draft picks I got from trading away actual NHL talent and get NHL talent" instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel signing washed up has been.

The Davidson glazing needs to stop. I do not think actual grown ass men who are talented enough to play in the nhl are OK with a team so pathetic like this one is currently and think losing like this is ok cuz "tank bro".

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017

I mean, you can say the same thing for Eberlose if coaches need an actual pro team to coach.

The truth is, both Poles and Davidson need to be canned. Both ruined legacy teams and all Cornball decisions fall directly on both of them.

Davidson was gifted a generational talent and instead of thinking "hey, this guy's elc starts this year, maybe instead of drafting magic beans that may or may not become NHL talents I should, oh...I don't know, use all those draft picks I got from trading away actual NHL talent and get NHL talent" instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel signing washed up has been.

The Davidson glazing needs to stop. I do not think actual grown ass men who are talented enough to play in the nhl are OK with a team so pathetic like this one is currently and think losing like this is ok cuz "tank bro".

:huh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

So, your saying Hawks should abandon the rebuild after a year and trade future to try and become a bubble playoff team,, LOL

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
So, your saying Hawks should abandon the rebuild after a year and trade future to try and become a bubble playoff team,, LOL
Good lord ...

The "rebuild" was over the second they lucked into a generational talent. You either surround that generational talent with NHL talent as soon as possible while his elc clock starts or you fool a fan base into thinking "were building something here" and hoping they go along with it.

With this logic of "rebuilding" you can say the exact thing about the Bears. Amirite?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Good lord ...

The "rebuild" was over the second they lucked into a generational talent. You either surround that generational talent with NHL talent as soon as possible while his elc clock starts or you fool a fan base into thinking "were building something here" and hoping they go along with it.

With this logic of "rebuilding" you can say the exact thing about the Bears. Amirite?
The Bears are way further along in their rebuild than the Hawks are. There's a lot of talent on the Bears. The coaching staff keeps finding ways to lose every game in the last 5 minutes, though. With a new coaching staff, and adding the 2 top 5-10 picks, I could see the Bears being a 10+ win team as soon as next year.

The Hawks though, the organization is largely devoid of talent outside of Bedard. Adding a few free agents or making a few trades isn't going to do much other than trying to put a bandaid on a gushing wound. If Davidson followed your advice, that would be a fire-able offense.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Hawks were short a forward when Hall left, Rockford was already short with Luypen and Hardman injured, but maybe a waiver grab here and there would help? Honestly haven’t figured out why no one is grabbed off of waivers? Emil Bemstrom the other day? Chase De Leo? Patrick Brown? Anyone of these players surely has to be worth a look, worse case scenario is their grabbed and lost off of waivers in span of week…

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
Guy played 20 years in the league. He knows the game.
Did he play because of physical gifts? I don't think he was ever considered a cerebral player, was he? Then there is the question of can he impart his knowledge (teach) to other players under him?

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I love how fired up people are getting over what was designed to be a losing season. Be patient with Luke Nukem and The Atomic Boys™.

+ Connor Bedard looks great, even with this roster.
+ We have one of the top prospect pools in the NHL.
+ We will probably have a a top 5 (top 1, @Rooh-willing) coming this year.
+ This team is designed to be horrible. Look at the roster.
+ The fact that we generally play hard and seem to have a culture of work ethic is a huge positive.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Hawks were short a forward when Hall left, Rockford was already short with Luypen and Hardman injured, but maybe a waiver grab here and there would help? Honestly haven’t figured out why no one is grabbed off of waivers? Emil Bemstrom the other day? Chase De Leo? Patrick Brown? Anyone of these players surely has to be worth a look, worse case scenario is their grabbed and lost off of waivers in span of week…
Emil bemstrom might’ve been worth a look but no other team claimed him either. De Leo and Brown are just guys, we have those in spades. They could call up Amderson, gust and Seney if they wanted to.

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
I remember Brian Burke saying teams generally don't want to claim players off waivers during the season because they have a budget and a set number of players they want under contract which is generally around 47. That's why you'll see guys clear waivers and then get traded the next day. GMs want contracts out for contracts in.

Obviously, there are exceptions especially if a team is desperate. But the Hawks currently aren't. This team is exactly where they were built to be. At the bottom of the standings.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
I said it before and I'll say again (and most likely say it again later in the season) but you cannot judge Luke Richarson until he has an NHL caliber team, which he does not have currently.

As for Corey Perry, who cares about the reason. The Hawks are handling it internally and that is all that matter.
probably had enough of the blackhawkes only talking about bedard i for one am sick of it already enough

Cole Guttman and Colton Dach should get called up
they have to do something my god zero offense

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
I remember Brian Burke saying teams generally don't want to claim players off waivers during the season because they have a budget and a set number of players they want under contract which is generally around 47. That's why you'll see guys clear waivers and then get traded the next day. GMs want contracts out for contracts in.

Obviously, there are exceptions especially if a team is desperate. But the Hawks currently aren't. This team is exactly where they were built to be. At the bottom of the standings.
I'm sure the season ticket holders love hearing that.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
I love how fired up people are getting over what was designed to be a losing season. Be patient with Luke Nukem and The Atomic Boys™.

+ Connor Bedard looks great, even with this roster.
+ We have one of the top prospect pools in the NHL.
+ We will probably have a a top 5 (top 1, @Rooh-willing) coming this year.
+ This team is designed to be horrible. Look at the roster.
+ The fact that we generally play hard and seem to have a culture of work ethic is a huge positive.
Agree 100%.]

last night was the perfect game. Lost to a team we are fighting for tank position and Bedard had a highlight reel snipe. Whats not to love?

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I wonder what would happen in 2025 if the Hawks got a top 2 pick in 2024. Are they locked into their original spot or will they automatically move down if someone behind them jumps?

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

Acquire draft capital one year, completely sell it all off the next year in trades. Instantly become a contender.

You do realize if it was that easy, every team would do this, right? Did you not follow the Blackhawks from 2004 to 2009? Do you honestly think the Blackhawks would have had the same success (or more) if they traded away all their assets (guys like Keith and Seabrook) when they landed Kane in 2007?

Just because you're an impatient fan who hopped on the bandwagon in the twilight years of the glory days, doesn't mean the organization should abandon the plan to become mediocre for the next decade.

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
Picked up a nuget from vosters last night. "Bedard has 25% of Hawks Goals this season". The closest anyone has been to that number has been Debrincat who had 20% and 19% in 20-21 and 21-22.
The team was bad in both of those years. From 2010/11 season to 2019/20 Kane and Toews together only had greater than 25% of the teams goals 2 seasons. And lets remember they were not on the same line unless Q went with the nuclear option. It makes you realize even with Bedard we are so far away from being a very good team again. We need A LOT of these kids to hit and a whole lot more of them or we are going to see another McDavid (lots of goals and wow moments, but no championships).
I am rooting for Bedard to be good, but we need to continue to restock and rebuild our kids.

On with the tank - Cue THE ROOH

Reactions: Sarava and Kurtosis

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
So tge Columbus tv crew in tgeir feed said Oery was out with the flu which was goibg around..Now it cones out this is oit the reason?

The Columbus media crew must feel betrayed by the Hawks communications depth. Wor whoever o the Hawjs told them he was out with flu.
Now we have to deal with issues Hawks brass are liars?

You cannot treat fanscirvopponenyv media that way.. Truth must be reported to all.
Oery???? fanscirvopponenyv???

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
The Bears are way further along in their rebuild than the Hawks are.
Lol wat?

The Bears are looking at another top three draft pick which is right on par with the Hawks. The Bears, like the Hawks, are a tire fire where the GM is very proactive in making moves that makes them worse where as the Hawks GM is just sitting there twittling his thumbs drafting players who may be three years out from contributing to the big club, self sabotaging the team trading for known damaged goods (Hall), and getting rid of actual NHL talent for the equivalent of a self administered donkey punch (Cat and Hagel).

Poles is just as bad at drafting if not worse considering he passed ona legitimate impact player in Carter over media virtue signals, made the Claypool trade, traded one of the best linebackers in football in Smith for nothing, etc.

The lone exception being the Hawks have a generational talent.

There's a lot of talent on the Bears.
No, they're isn't.

You have Fields, and....Fields.

You cannot say Moore is elite considering the guy rarely get passes thrown to him, the proverbial lock down WR from another thread. Teams with "alot of talent" dont pick top five two years in a row with a first overall and potentially first overall twice in the same time span.

The coaching staff keeps finding ways to lose every game in the last 5 minutes, though.
Maybe Uberlose just needs a team with real nfL talent before he's judged as a coach. He has how many years of NFL experience (sarcasm)

With a new coaching staff, and adding the 2 top 5-10 picks, I could see the Bears being a 10+ win team as soon as next year.
That's optimistic.

The Bears are more then two top picks away from turning the corner.

The Hawks though, the organization is largely devoid of talent outside of Bedard. Adding a few free agents or making a few trades isn't going to do much other than trying to put a bandaid on a gushing wound. If Davidson followed your advice, that would be a fire-able offense.
The point is, the Hawks should have been a hell of alot more active after they were gifted Bedard and Davidson did nothing but bring in has beens and gloat about draft picks that may never pan out into nhl players.

Sorry, I do not believe there weren't players avaliable with teams pressed against the cap the Hawks could have went and gotten for very little of a return who not only fit into the teams timeline but would have made them in the future but also right now.

The team Davidson has assembled, is a fireable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad