GDT: Hawks @ Jackets 11/23/23 NBC sports Chicago 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Because we have players out? I mean, we have Entwhistle on PP2, tonight.
Foligno is a much better option. He's not braindead, at least.

Their entire setup is shit. They basically have two guys who don't even touch the puck, and just stand around. It's infuriating to watch.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It's not. He's RH, and on the left. Regardless, Bedard shouldn't just be standing around waiting for a one timer. He's not that type of goal scorer. Their entire PP just stands around. It's never going to work.
Why did I think he was a lefty? Anyways, powerplay coach should be fired. Like look at a good powerplay in the league, literally copy that. Congrats I just saved a job.

Reactions: Pez68

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
You know how people do the ‘I totally forgot that Rob Scuderi was on the Hawks roster’ or some such? That is 80% of this roster

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Why did I think he was a lefty? Anyways, powerplay coach should be fired. Like look at a good powerplay in the league, literally copy that. Congrats I just saved a job.

Let's say Bedard was Ovechkin, then you could make a point that the setup might work, statistically speaking.

But Bedard is a totally different player who can score by deception from almost any area, hence like Pez pointed out he shouldn't be used like Ovi and moreover that using Bedard like that makes it easier to isolate him from being a threat.

Reactions: Pez68 and d rake

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Let's say Bedard was Ovechkin, then you could make a point that the setup might work, statistically speaking.

But Bedard is a totally different player who can score by deception from almost any area, hence like Pez pointed out he shouldn't be used like Ovi and moreover that using Bedard like that makes it easier to isolate him from being a threat.
Makes sense to me. The powerplay still looked better with Korchinski. He was actually able to move the puck and wasn’t blasting the puck into someone’s shin pads.

Reactions: Pez68

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
This team doesn’t have the depth to replace Hall, AA, Perry on a night

Powerplay did look better. Entries more clean and did get into their setup.

Also Connor going hard on that puck on Boqvist led to the Ozone draw and the goal.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Donato’s goal was the hockey equivalent of a qb throwing a td with 50 seconds left in a 38–7 game
89C0EC8F-6B82-4BCD-9B4C-7D013CA22A4F.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
At this point Rockford could beat the Hawks.

They are doing a Columbus on Manitoba tonight...Manitoba doing their best Hawks no show imitation and Hogs blasting them big-time 6-0 ...and still a period to play.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
This game was frustrating and there were way too many defensive breakdowns, but they lost primarily because they couldn't get a stop in the first two periods. On a good day none of the first period goals go in and there was that ridiculous bounce in the second too. Not saying they deserved to win tonight, but the process wasn't nearly as bad as the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad