GDT: Hawks @ Habs: 6:30PM Central on NBCSN--Let's Reflect On Painful Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Looks like Q is going to subject Forsling to trial by fire in Chicago. Same with the Cat. There will be growing pains.

If he is going to do it, now is the time ... and just hope they will be ready to play playoff hockey when the time comes.

Reactions: bwana63

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Badly outshot again. Why is that?

With the loss of schmaltz and the insistence of simply swapping centers and leaving wingers constant instead of adjusting based on player skill-set, we have 1 GREAT line, and 3 weak lines. Basically, when Saad-Toews-Panik are out, Blackhawks control. When any other line is out, we get shelled.

Hopefully the return of Schmaltz fixes things, but honestly, Q has been a lot more laissez faire with the matchups through 4 games, and the line combos for 2-through-4 have been not great IMO. If we're going to ditch the 3-1 line strategy fine, but I'd like to see a slightly better analysis of what each individual player brings and how they complement each other across the board.

On the plus side, outside of #7 and #42 (at times), the D looked good tonight.

Oh and we have a stud for a starting goaltender.

But yeah, back-to-back 40+ shots against is NOT GOOD. And it's exactly what I was worried about in the off-season, and what I was assured could not happen cause that would make them the worst defensive team ever, yada yada. Cross your fingers 40+ shots against is not a trend.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
With the loss of schmaltz and the insistence of simply swapping centers and leaving wingers constant instead of adjusting based on player skill-set, we have 1 GREAT line, and 3 weak lines. Basically, when Saad-Toews-Panik are out, Blackhawks control. When any other line is out, we get shelled.

Hopefully the return of Schmaltz fixes things, but honestly, Q has been a lot more laissez faire with the matchups through 4 games, and the line combos for 2-through-4 have been not great IMO. If we're going to ditch the 3-1 line strategy fine, but I'd like to see a slightly better analysis of what each individual player brings and how they complement each other across the board.

On the plus side, outside of #7 and #42 (at times), the D looked good tonight.

Oh and we have a stud for a starting goaltender.

There's gonna be growing pains and maturation with this group. What... 5 of the 7 have never played together, or played very little together in Forsling's and Kempny's case? I'm fine with giving them time. They're getting better and better, and we're only 4 games in. You can see the pairings starting to build chemistry. D can have a harder time with that than forwards.

Reactions: migi

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Well a win is a win.......seems Kane & Hartman are lost without Schmaltz, can't wait till he's back, hopefully next game.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
lmfao. I told myself I wasn't going to come here after the game and just enjoy it but here I am.
I thought Forsling was fine. He's young and he is going to make mistakes, but he is getting better every game.

Just enjoy hockey. The Hawks won.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ugly stats...Hawks had 29 give-aways ...MTL 9nly gave it away 15 times ...this is a recipe for long term disaster. ..cannot be so sloppy ..Keith led the team with 5 Give-aways ...Kempny had 4 of them and Kero 4 ..the rest had 1,2 or none ..Franson had 3 in only 16 mons played but he also led the teM in take-aways with 2 ...Keith and Seabrook had zero take-aways ..ZERO ...

Seabs had only 2 give-aways to Keith's egregious 5..but this is explained easily. ..Keith at least engaged in pick battles then lost them forced to give the puck up ..Seabrook never got close to any check and so naturally hardly tpuchedvtgenpuck to never get forced to give it away ..so you gotta be close to loose pucks to be pressured into a give-aways. .Seabs is never close to getting lose pucks anymore because he just is nit able to skate anymore. ANYWAY ...team with 29 GV ..way way way too sloppy .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
lmfao. I told myself I wasn't going to come here after the game and just enjoy it but here I am.
I thought Forsling was fine. He's young and he is going to make mistakes, but he is getting better every game.

Just enjoy hockey. The Hawks won.

It's actually been a little more positive than I expected. :laugh:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Tanner Kero with a sparkling 28.75% CF.

Can we please end this delusion of him as a 2-way center? Just stick him on the 4th line wing as soon as a better option presents itself please.

Tanner Kero as a top 9 forward is the new Andrew Shaw as a top 6 forward. It's not going to happen. Stop trying to make fetch happen!

And please gawd, get him away from Debrincat.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Can we please end this delusion of him as a 2-way center? Just stick him on the 4th line wing as soon as a better option presents itself please.

Tanner Kero as a top 9 forward is the new Andrew Shaw as a top 6 forward. It's not going to happen. Stop trying to make fetch happen!

I'm of the opinion that he's not a good defensive center in the mold of Kruger, but still think he's a solid enough player. He can be a 4th line NHL center. I thought he had a solid game via the eye test. Also... you need to provide context here. No one on the Hawks had a sparkling CF%.

upload_2017-10-10_22-11-28.png

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'm of the opinion that he's not a good defensive center in the mold of Kruger. I thought he had a solid game, though, via the eye test. Also... you need to provide context here. No one on the Hawks had a sparkling CF%.

View attachment 79067

Yep it's true. They got their butts kicked 5v5 for the 2nd straight game.

I'd prefer they didn't allow 40+ shots again this season. Two games is enough.

I think Kero could be a good forechecking winger in the mold of a Desi or something, but he's just NOT a good center and never has been.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017

Well he's the 4th line center once Schmaltz is back. I have never liked him either..he's the worst player on the PK, like you said his two-way game is overrated.

Would rather have Kampf or Dauphin up with the team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not as worried about being out shot in this game, as I was the Leafs.

Habs came out on fire, and considering it was their home opener, not a surprise. Hawks weathered the storm, had a good 20mins of hockey, took a 3-1 lead and the other team got desperate, and we sat back a little.

Solid road game.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm not a bug Kero fan but he had several good back checks and break ups in the defensive zone. Obviously the numbers show that he was in the defensive zone much more than the offensive zone and the eyes test supports that.

Still it was one of the few games where I've liked what I saw from him.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Very ordinary game, the team looked slow and it it was not for the fire power this team has and the surprisingly good play of Crow this would have been a different story, so was gonna be the Toronto game thanks to Forsberg. These people need some cardio training or something because everyone looks slow and tired all the time. The same was evident all year last regular season and that got exploited in the playoffs, same will happen this year if these guys dont learn to bust their golf balls every shift.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This game was already in the books in favor of Hawks, you guys are too good to lose against you guys

Even though I am a Leafs fan but I am excited for one of the best team in this league - we well structured and despite all the cap crunch this team is still one of the best - you guys have lost many good players because of cap

Reactions: sugoi88

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
You guys convinced me. I will reflect on this painful win.

* Cat is good.
* Crow is good.
* Animals are good.
* Our DMen are a tad bit slow. We need Forsling's speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad