GDT: Hawks @ Habs: 6:30PM Central on NBCSN--Let's Reflect On Painful Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
His GAS (give a poop) level seemed quite low. It was weird. Q had him playing with Bouma and Wingles I believe for an extended period of time. Not as in double shifting him, but as in Q realized he didn't have anything.

Which is why I think he was/is sick.

His TOI didn't really reflect that, though, so I have no idea. He finished with 4th most TOI for forwards...

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Which is why I think he was/is sick.

His TOI didn't really reflect that, though, so I have no idea. He finished with 4th most TOI for forwards...

I hadn't considered him being sick, but that would really make sense. Last few years he's been mostly consistent effort wise, which I give him huge props for.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hadn't considered him being sick, but that would really make sense. Last few years he's been mostly consistent effort wise, which I give him huge props for.

That's what it looked like to me. His balance seemed wonky. His endurance/stamina, and strength seemed iffy. He consistently looked winded, and had no legs. In both games. And with the games being b2bs in Canada they weren't really going to call anyone up and fly them out there for it, so he just played sick. That's my opinion. And there has been some kinda bug going around Chicago. Numerous people at my work, and throughout my family have had some kinda head cold the past few weeks.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Kane has streaks like this every season. 2-4 games then he is back to Kane.

Yeah, but that Toronto effort might have been an all time low for him. If I were Q I'd have seriously contemplated telling him to just go to the locker room for the rest of the game. His effort was that bad, IMO.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
That's what it looked like to me. His balance seemed wonky. His endurance/stamina, and strength seemed iffy. He consistently looked winded, and had no legs. In both games. And with the games being b2bs in Canada they weren't really going to call anyone up and fly them out there for it, so he just played sick. That's my opinion. And there has been some kinda cold going around Chicago. Numerous people at my work, and throughout my family have had some kinda head cold the past few weeks.

It is how it looked at least. Kane is funny because when he does not have legs it is so obvious.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, but that Toronto effort might have been an all time low for him. If I were Q I'd have seriously contemplated telling him to just go to the locker room for the rest of the game. His effort was that bad, IMO.

It really was. Kane normally plays hard against other teams with offensive stars hence why I think he was sick. Oh well. 7/8 point so far is a solid start.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
This board is weird today. People questioning the effort of Kane last night and not Toews. Soon posters will be singing the praise of Seabrook.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This board is weird today. People questioning the effort of Kane last night and not Toews. Soon posters will be singing the praise of Seabrook.

That already happened in games 1 and 2 bro. And I was one of them. Because he was legitimately good in both.

You gotta keep up with things better! :sarcasm:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Agreed, but middle of the pack or average, doesn't equal sucks in my world.

Yeah, but I think that rank is also a bit deceptive with just a 4 game sample size.

If they could maintain 14th throughout the entire season, then it'd be fine. I just don't expect it will stay there. It likely drops to somewhere between 22-26.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeah, but I think that rank is also a bit deceptive with just a 4 game sample size.

If they could maintain 14th throughout the entire season, then it'd be fine. I just don't expect it will stay there. It likely drops to somewhere between 22-26.

It's too early to make any conclusions, which is my point. BTW, how did you get to 22-26? That's a weirdly specific guess and we haven't been below 20th in a while.

16-17 19th
15-16 2nd
14-15 20th
13-14 10th

The PP always seems like something the fans like to rag on, but the criticism always seems overblown to me. I agree, the PP often isn't as good as you would hope, but I don't think it's usually as bad as fans make it out either.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's too early to make any conclusions, which is my point. BTW, how did you get to 22-26? That's a weirdly specific guess and we haven't been below 20th in

16-17 19th
15-16 2nd
14-15 20th
13-14 10th

The PP always seems like something the fans like to rag on, but the criticism always seems overblown to me. A agree, the PP often isn't as good as you would hope, but I don't think it's usually as bad as fans make it out either.

Just threw out a set of numbers that seemed like a good range.

I'm actually surprised by the rankings. I knew they had a couple good years mixed in, but didn't think the bad ones were around the 20 mark. Thought they were much worse.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I have discovered the real reason the Hawks were dreadful the last 45 monutes of the Leafs Game and tge fist 15 minutes of the Habs Game making a full 60 of sick play..the real reason we looked so bad /played so bad was that so many of ourvplaywrsxwete "under the weather"..I learned this secret from Dusty Baler the Manager of tge Washington grin Nationals who told the press today that so many of his pkayer's were "under the weather" including Strasburg who might not start tonight because he was not feeling good
..Naked blamed it von the CHICAGO MOULD which infest the SC units at their Chicago hotel when the weather changes from hot to cold at this time of the fall. AND so obviously the SC units at the homes and residences in Chicago of our Hawks had MOULD causing the "not feeling so goid" which of course affects play. It takes the body a few days to fight this off ..Obviously sone had started recovery after the first 15 minute debacle in Montreal ..but it was too late to help against the Leafs ..ergo their domination statement on us in the final 45 monutes of that game Thank you Dusty Baker for this excellent excuse to explain why his multi milionaires were trailing against the Cubs and so by extension why the Hawks were so dradful for an approx. 60 minute span over 2 games..It makes very logical sense ...the undet the weather excuse caused by CHICAGO MOULD !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad