Rumor: Hawerchuk as Next Jets Coach?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Why not Peter Laviolette?

IMO, the Flyers' downfall was always defense and goaltending, but they could at least score goals and the young guys like Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek (to a degree) broke out under Laviolette so he seems like he's good at developing players.

lavismashlong.gif

He knows how to get his players going.

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005
So Dale Hawerchuk is not ready to be a successful nhl head coach but Patrick Roy is.What`s the difference?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So Dale Hawerchuk is not ready to be a successful nhl head coach but Patrick Roy is.What`s the difference?

8 years of coaching/GM experience at the Junior level for Roy, 3 for Hawerchuk.

Hawerchuk could come in and do wonderfully well - or, he could flop horribly. :dunno: A bit more experience would help ensure a successful transition. I'd love to see him take on a coaching role with the IceCaps, and put some pressure on the NHL coach from below, while gaining experience.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why not Peter Laviolette?

IMO, the Flyers' downfall was always defense and goaltending, but they could at least score goals and the young guys like Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek (to a degree) broke out under Laviolette so he seems like he's good at developing players.

I'd have no issue with him myself as you said he seems to be able to develop offensive talent. I also think he'd be better here as our defense is better.

kasps

Oct 14, 2013
You could bring in any coach in here and it would not change the fact we are not ready to compete with , CHI,ST.L, S.J, ANH, and L.A. on a consistent basis.

kasps

Oct 14, 2013
Didn't we beat LA this season? And take STL to a shootout?

:help:

Consistently being the key word. We have also lost to Dallas , Nashville twice and out classed by the Habs. Look at the standings, those teams will make the playoffs .Let's hope we at least get a few wins out of this road trip !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad