Speculation: Has Peter Chiarelli Finally Learned His Lesson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
It's not semantics. No teams have the same exact prospects ranked in the same order. He traded draft picks, Edmonton never had Barzal.
Wow people are slow the original posts were players and now really slow for the posters with really bad reading comprehension and ASSETS chia teaded away if you don't understand the point I was making at this point I really don't care anymore because these Chia defenders are laughable IMO.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I said I hated the Reinhart trade from the beginning...but not because we didn't draft Barzal...I hate it cause we missed out on building our prospect depth

because the truth is, no one knows if they would have chosen him anyways

Right. Nobody knows. It's about a missed chance. "Traded Barzal for Reinhart" isn't the best way to put it, but that's what the phrase means. He didn't think, "Barzal will be an 85 point rookie, but I want Reinhart," he thought "I've been around long enough to know on a blue moon you can get a star where we're picking, but I want Reinhart."

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Isn’t odds pretty great that he will rush another draft pick to the NHL this season?

The decision to bring Pulju to NA right away is pretty effin mind boggling in hindsight. There should be a license to be a GM in this league and PC shouldn’t get one...

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Wow people are slow the original posts were players and now really slow for the posters with really bad reading comprehension and ASSETS chia teaded away if you don't understand the point I was making at this point I really don't care anymore because these Chia defenders are laughable IMO.

Nobody is defending Chiarelli, just questioning your need to lie about his deals. He has made enough bad moves that trumping it up to sound even worse isn't necessary. For example, why lie and say the Oilers had Barzal when you can laugh at him for just trading those picks for a bust like Reinhart. At least that's honest criticism. And our reading comprehension is fine - Barzal still was never an asset that the Oilers had, so they could never have traded him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Most people who say Chiarelli traded Barzal for Reinhart don't think Chiarelli literally drafted Barzal and then traded him. They mean he should have had Barzal ranked and kept the pick. It's not hard.

10 of the 16 teams who drafted before Edmonton traded that pick should picked Barzal as well. It's easy to say that in hindsight. In reality, Barzal was known as highly skilled, but if he was expected to become what he became, he would have went top 5.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Right. Nobody knows. It's about a missed chance. "Traded Barzal for Reinhart" isn't the best way to put it, but that's what the phrase means. He didn't think, "Barzal will be an 85 point rookie, but I want Reinhart," he thought "I've been around long enough to know on a blue moon you can get a star where we're picking, but I want Reinhart."

That whole ordeal is murky, the oilers brass had been super high on Reinhart long before Chias days. The one shot I don’t think most would take a Chias tenure is that outside of that trade I would say this is the first year in a decade the oilers have actual legit prospect depth

If you recall he also fired the entire scouting staff a week before that draft, and traded virtually every pick, I think he didn’t trust the scouting staff enough to even make a pick there

Last edited:

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
If this guy didn't just land mcdcvid or the job that came with mcdcvid i forget. He would be canned in a heart beat after the hall trade alone.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
I’m interested to see if he makes a panic move after the Sekera injury. That’ll truly be the answer to this question. I would assume he’s got to be on his last strike in Edmonton.

Reactions: BHD

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
And now, with Sekera out, I worry that he's going to panic trade for a defenseman. Think he is in a lose-lose situation here

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Too young to remember Milbury?

And now, with Sekera out, I worry that he's going to panic trade for a defenseman. Think he is in a lose-lose situation here
I'd prefer we make a panic trade for a defenseman now than do what we did last year when Sekera was injured and do absolutely nothing.

But let's be clear here. A "panic trade" still won't involve us throwing Draisaitl away like lots of other fans are fantasizing about, and not even RNH. We'd rather pick a FA out of the bargain bin than do that, Chiarelli included.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Only thing he learnt is you don't pee into the wind or tug on super mans cape . He read the 2nd one . I am not sure he smart enough to have learnt the 1 one

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
He's made the same mistakes over and over and over so I really doubt it. He just loves trading away talented players. And I can probably see it happening again.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Will take a good prospect for alzner he’s a lhd like sekera, i swear he’s good he was a top 5 pick and he has a great contract wink wink, he’s only expandable because we’re stackeD on LHD!

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
He's going to trade RNH for someone like Jordon Oesterle (a familiar player) and a 2nd rounder and then 630CHED will be brainwashing everyone how Oesterle is a solid top pairing blueliner and how coveted 2nd round picks are...

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Nobody is defending Chiarelli, just questioning your need to lie about his deals. He has made enough bad moves that trumping it up to sound even worse isn't necessary. For example, why lie and say the Oilers had Barzal when you can laugh at him for just trading those picks for a bust like Reinhart. At least that's honest criticism. And our reading comprehension is fine - Barzal still was never an asset that the Oilers had, so they could never have traded him.
Hey for the last time how in the hell is saying Barzal was an asset CHIA traded a lie , are you seriously this dense ? Or are you just making up crap like you always do on here , sorry man time to add you to the list of instiagtors on here that know little about hockey but just want instigate garbage . Grow up and don't bother replying I wont see it . Enough of the kids in here .

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hey for the last time how in the hell is saying Barzal was an asset CHIA traded a lie , are you seriously this dense ? Or are you just making up crap like you always do on here , sorry man time to add you to the list of instiagtors on here that know little about hockey but just want instigate garbage . Grow up and don't bother replying I wont see it . Enough of the kids in here .
First of all let me say that I'm a Flames fan and I'm certainly not a big fan of Chia.

With regards to your saying that Chia traded Barzal, Chia traded the draft pick that the Islanders used to pick Barzal, not Barzal. Unless you have a copy of the Oilers list ranking the players eligible to be drafted 2015 you can't definitely say that Barzal would have been the player they picked 16th overall in 2015. For all you know the next player up on their list might have been Kyle Connor or Thomas Chabot or anyone still available after Zachary Senyshyn was chosen 15th overall by Boston.

To state a possibility as a fact is specious.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
First of all let me say that I'm a Flames fan and I'm certainly not a big fan of Chia.

With regards to your saying that Chia traded Barzal, Chia traded the draft pick that the Islanders used to pick Barzal, not Barzal. Unless you have a copy of the Oilers list ranking the players eligible to be drafted 2015 you can't definitely say that Barzal would have been the player they picked 16th overall in 2015. For all you know the next player up on their list might have been Kyle Connor or Thomas Chabot or anyone still available after Zachary Senyshyn was chosen 15th overall by Boston.

To state a possibility as a fact is specious.
Man been going around this pathetic circle over and over can anyone read on here lol:loony:
dDH3imm.png

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Man been going around this pathetic circle over and over can anyone read on here lol:loony:
dDH3imm.png
I believe I understand what you are saying. You're saying that Chiarelli traded away the 16th overall draft choice to the Islanders and with that draft choice the Islanders drafted Barzal, so effectively Chiarelli traded away Barzal.
Correct me if I'm wrong or confirm that I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad