Confirmed with Link: Hartley Fired Discuss (also Cloutier)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Most of you guys are near my age, why aren't you bilingual at the min ;)?

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007

I took french until grade 12 as an option. It's amazing how quick you forget if you don't use it. I think I can ask where the library is, but I wouldn't be able to understand their response. I still remember most of the words and phrases that would get me a slap or at the very least a dirty look if I traveled to quebec though. That might come in handy some day, you never know.

On the Randy Carlyle thing, DBU, you are right. i think it's just a case of covering all their possible options. A quick google search of him shows that one of the reasons he was let go from Toronto was their bad possession numbers. So that would make no sense from what Treliving is wanting in a coach.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

When I was in school, very little french was taught. Grade 5, we spent maybe a month working on it? Probably varies between provinces, but Manitoba doesn't seem to teach much of it unless you go to an actual bilingual school.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
So the names linked to Calgary's new coach include (so far)

Kevin Dineen (Gary Lawless)
Randy Carlyle (Renaud Levoie)
Bruce Boudreau (Eric Francis - speculation and/or naming best coach available)

Did I miss anyone?

Edit: on a side note, Colin Patterson was in the McDonald's drive-thru raising money for Ronald McDonald House Charity this morning. We chatted briefly about the Hartley firing, and I can confirm that he's not interested in the job. :D

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...teran-head-coach-bob-hartley/article29830972/

Krueger, Playfair, Crawford and Wilson all mentioned in this article, though it seems more like Eric is stating connections to current Flames management more than any real insider information.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It'll be interesting to see what happens in AZ. New GM, didn't make the playoffs, Tippett might be the next coach fired. If that happens, you have to think Tippett to Calgary makes all the sense in the world.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It'll be interesting to see what happens in AZ. New GM, didn't make the playoffs, Tippett might be the next coach fired. If that happens, you have to think Tippett to Calgary makes all the sense in the world.
I haven't seen tippet with real offensive talent, if it's not the boring hockey he coaches in AZ I'd be very open to him.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Tippett is extremely unlikely; he's looking at a promotion if anything.

12. Current Coyotes head coach Dave Tippett is expected to have a Patrick Roy-style role, with plenty of roster authority. When this is all over, it will be curious to see if whatever new contract he signs includes a succession plan for the head-coaching position. He’s been behind the bench in Arizona for seven seasons. Does he have any desire to move full-time into the front office (or presidency) at any point and allow someone like associate coach Jim Playfair to take over?

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island

I took Spanish because I had to take a language so **** it from 6th grade up until I was allowed to drop it after 10th grade. What's odd is every year I took it I got in the high 90s and I could barely speak it at all.

I ended up dropping it because I said when would I ever need to know Spanish. What's funny about that statement is that my Mom's uncle, who is only a few years older than her and I think younger than my Dad said the same thing. What ended up happening is he fell in love with a Dominican women, moved to the Dominican Republic and had a kid who is now 27. His wife ended up dying of a disease and he remarried another Dominican women and had another kid. This wife was a ***** to him and his first kid so he divorced her and met Colombian women and married her, moved to Ohio and had another kid. So besides that story, I have an aunt who is currently 6 years old. What I think is more amazing is that not only did a Jewish kid from NY fall in love with three different Hispanic women and live in the D.R for almost 20 years, but all 3 women converted to Judaism.

Wow. Did not expect to go on that tangent! :laugh:

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Adrian Dater ‏@adater
Flames making big pitch for Boudreau. Offer already on table

Not sure how he knows, but interesting.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Adrian Dater ‏@adater
Flames making big pitch for Boudreau. Offer already on table

Not sure how he knows, but interesting.
Dater is the definition of hack. He's like Eric Francis, but worse.

Tell your friend that Boudreau was going to Minnesota, not Calgary.
Boudreau was playing golf with Gretzky at the time that was posted. He flew to Ottawa after.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00