Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
"UPDATE: The Wolf Pack has signed D Ryan Siedem to a two-year standard AHL player contract beginning with the 2024-25 season. Additionally, the Wolf Pack has agreed to an amateur tryout agreement (ATO) with Siedem and F Jaroslav Chmelař for the remainder of the 2023-24 season.
Siedem is RHD just turned 23
interesting path for Siedem
RHD from Jersey, played 4 games at Delbarton (private HS) at ~14,
'17 a season at Avon Old farms
'18 a season w NTDP (103 games incl USHL)
'19 a season in USHL w Central Illinois
'20 a season at Harvrad
'21 a season back in USHL w Fargo
'22, '23 two more seasons at Harvard
'24 most recent season at Notre Dame
'24, '25,'26 AHL

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Wasn't Siedem a camp invite either this year or last year? I vaguely remember him being with the Rangers in some capacity

Reactions: egelband

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
For last year's free agent class Corey Pronman listed Siedem at #27 and as a long shot to play in the NHL. Here is his review:

"27. Ryan Siedem, RHD, Harvard-ECAC: Siedem has been a solid two-way defenseman for Harvard. He’s an intelligent player who can make a good first pass and has seen an uptick in his offense this year at the college level. Siedem’s skating has historically been his issue and it’s still not a strength, but given his frame and sense I can see someone taking a shot on him."

Siedem chose to use the transfer portal to move to Notre Dame for his last year.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
The Pack now have three NHL contracts (Harpur, Mackay, Scanlin) and one AHL contract (Siedem) for defense for next year assuming one of the NHL contract players is not up with the Rangers.

Robertson and Hallowell are RFAs and Broulliard is a UFA.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Four goalies have NHL contracts: Domingue, Garand, Olas and Boyko.

Twelve forwards have NHL contracts although a couple probably will be with the Rangers next year: Bryce MB, Barard, Othmann, Korczak, Sykora, Nash, Belzille, Blidh, Leschyschen, Edstrom, Rempe, Chmelar. Trevigno and Henriksson are RFAs and Pitlick and Petan are UFAs.

Particularly if Laba doesn't come out the team needs a young creative center. If Mancini comes out the team will have strengthened it RD but still could use another youngerLD.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Does anyone happen to know the background context behind Berard's drop in offensive production during his junior year of college? Did he underperform and just have a down year, was his team's depth depleted from turnover, some of both factors?

Was posted on the Prospect thread at the time (wish I could give credit to the poster, but I don’t remember who ) that Brett’s brother Brady was a freshman on that team and it seemed to be a distraction for him helping Brady with his game and also with helping his brother get acclimated to NCAA life.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
with Edstrom back, Pekar and Nash healthy,
and now Chmelar in town on his ATO
Pack have reassigned Jenkins to his ECHL team

Pack play tonight btw

DatePlayerTeamTransaction
2024-03-27Blade Jenkins
Blade Jenkins (F)

Hartford
DELReturned on loan to Worcester (ECHL)

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Holy hell that's a depressing game recap video if I've ever seen one. Not one Wolfpack offensive highlight.
I watched the third period. It was dreadful. It seemed that the team had played the night before and was exhausted. But it hadn’t. It’s 1-0 going into the third but there’s no pushback. Defensive lapses by Hillman and Hallowell lead to two goals against. I thought Trivigno played well the game before but he was scratched again with pitlick back in. It looks like Trivigno has fallen out of favor.

It’s hard to see the team having much of a playoff run this year.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Holy hell that's a depressing game recap video if I've ever seen one. Not one Wolfpack offensive highlight.

I watched the third period. It was dreadful...
It’s hard to see the team having much of a playoff run this year.
the D injuries and call-ups, and Domingue injury, all contribute to this 1-6-2 stretch
and the offense vanishing has been remarkable

but i still feel an HC with more experience
might've had some tactics or ideas to keep this dip from becoming SO deep -
giving Smith the whole season as Interim feels just as risky and unwise as the Devils coming into this season w Lindy and no new Goalies - it might work out, but not surprising when it doesn't

Reactions: Osminator

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yikes 5-1. Garand having a brutal game. I have hopes of him still being an NHL backup. I doubt he has starter potential

Maybe the Wolfpack miss Rempe and his spark

• Haha
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Is Sykora that soft that he took his 1st penalty in his 59th game?? Never seen that before.
I’m not sure I would say soft. It’s just not his game to this point in his career.
Odd that his favorite player is Brad Marchand.
I believe I’ve mentioned this before that his upside defensively would be a Jan Erixon
type player and possible offensive ceiling may be Jesper Fast?
The reality on labeling an 18 year old has too many variables.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad