Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I've been quiet for a long time... I've resisted the urge to vent here, especially after the 5-6 loss to Rochester... but I'm ready to cancel my AHLTV subscription for the Pack and I don't even want a f...g partial refund... Steve Smith isn't close to what Knoblauch was... I'm just... soooo pissed.

• Wow
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I've been quiet for a long time... I've resisted the urge to vent here, especially after the 5-6 loss to Rochester... but I'm ready to cancel my AHLTV subscription for the Pack and I don't even want a f...g partial refund... Steve Smith isn't close to what Knoblauch was... I'm just... soooo pissed.
I also think entrusting this key dev and rebounding season, to a first-time HC, was a questionable gamble. Held out hope that, within weeks after losing coach KK, they'd hire a HC w experience for stretch and post.

Cant blame coach for that 150 foot bloop Garand just whiffed tho

Reactions: Osminator

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I also think entrusting this key dev and rebounding season, to a first-time HC, was a questionable gamble. Held out hope that, within weeks after losing coach KK, they'd hire a HC w experience for stretch and post.

Cant blame coach for that 150 foot bloop Garand just whiffed tho
The team has lost a lot of players and they hung in there for a while after Knoblauch left. Scanlin being up and Mackey being out isn't helping.

It is disappointing, though. Even when they get a lead, they can't hold it.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Maybe Garand isn't who we thought he would be... yes, 2nd year pro... bla bla bla... but i've had this feeling about him for longer now... and I'm a big rooter for him. Olof is outmatched badly at the AHL level, he really isn't an option. But Dylan's going down the Skapski-Halverson trail. I believe he's on year 2 of 3 of his ELC, so he gets one more shot at it next year.

Just so mad... and disappointed. Every year they just fall apart so bad.

Last edited:

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Quite the Pack debut for ECHL PTO Dman Knoepka, a goal and an assist for Toronto to start the bloodshed to this loss and -3 to round out the night. Just leave him behind in the Toronto arena... maybe its also time for new North America pro scouts for the minor leagues...

Last edited:

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Just wasted 2.5 hrs of my life watching the Pack for the first time this year.

My deeply analytical delve into the teams play this afternoon is...

Everybody sucked.

• Haha
Reactions: Osminator

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So if Lindbom holds on, to break this losing streak, will the concensus still think he's not QO'd?

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Does anyone happen to know the background context behind Berard's drop in offensive production during his junior year of college? Did he underperform and just have a down year, was his team's depth depleted from turnover, some of both factors?

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Of the Pack defense--Harpur's season ended early because of injury. Mackey's been out for a while and Scanlin's been up since Lindgren's injury. Brouillard and Hollowell are both small and brought in for offense and not defense. That leaves Robertson and AHL signee Blake Hillman and whoever/whatever ECHL level players like Yoon and Berzolla. If Mackey and Scanlin were both there it would be much better.

Garand's also played a lot of games lately because Domingue has been out.

The forwards Brodzinski's been with the Rangers since early in the season and now we have Rempe who's not a big producer but he is a player that can change the dynamic of a game or at least we're seeing that with the few minutes per game he's getting with the Rangers.

The rookies Berard and Othmann have shown they can produce but for a team that has about the same number of goals for as against they both have the worst +/- numbers. Berard a -15 and Othmann a -19. It speaks to the issue of their play away from the puck. Well they're kids.

Some of their vet forwards are pretty useless. I don't know what the Rangers see in Leschysyn. Pitlick hasn't really add anything since being sent down. Nash has been in and out of the lineup all year. The addition of Petan so far hasn't done much either.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Of the Pack defense--Harpur's season ended early because of injury. Mackey's been out for a while and Scanlin's been up since Lindgren's injury. Brouillard and Hollowell are both small and brought in for offense and not defense. That leaves Robertson and AHL signee Blake Hillman and whoever/whatever ECHL level players like Yoon and Berzolla. If Mackey and Scanlin were both there it would be much better.

Garand's also played a lot of games lately because Domingue has been out.

The forwards Brodzinski's been with the Rangers since early in the season and now we have Rempe who's not a big producer but he is a player that can change the dynamic of a game or at least we're seeing that with the few minutes per game he's getting with the Rangers.

The rookies Berard and Othmann have shown they can produce but for a team that has about the same number of goals for as against they both have the worst +/- numbers. Berard a -15 and Othmann a -19. It speaks to the issue of their play away from the puck. Well they're kids.

Some of their vet forwards are pretty useless. I don't know what the Rangers see in Leschysyn. Pitlick hasn't really add anything since being sent down. Nash has been in and out of the lineup all year. The addition of Petan so far hasn't done much either.
Emberson too, whom we lost to waivers before the season began.

Oh, and we lost our coach a quarter into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad