Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Alex Thomas did not provide reason but didn't indicate an injury. I'm guessing Scanlon is sitting in anticipation of being called up to replace Lindgren. Edstrom in for Pekar. Jenkins and Trivigno also healthy scratches. Garand back in goal.
Thomas never mentioned Scanlin after the introduction. He just said Scanlin was out. Everyone else was injured or healthy. I can't see any reason he didn't play other than the Rangers had him pulled from the lineup because he will be the seventh defenseman until Trouba or Lindgren return.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Not blaming Smith for losing streak but still wish that, after coach KK's big break, they'd eventually hired an experienced head coach to lead for this promising season
I think the bigger problem starts with the defense where the team loses two of its top defensemen in Harpur and Emberson, Hollowell's offense has slowed down, Brodzinski brought up, Nash injured for a couple of months leaving the center position very weak -- I haven't been impressed by Korczak, am disappointed in Henriksson and the less said about Leschyschen the better and suddenly the team doesn't have enough talent. The team plays hard and with strong goaltending Hartford can win games where the defense holds up but the team doesn't generate very much offense. Petan looks like he can help but so far it hasn't lead to much, one point in five games. Maybe if Nash gets his legs back and Petan has more success the team can get out of its rut.

Reactions: cwede and egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
1710947611620.png

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hartford super frustrating to watch right now.
I thought with some of the guys they would be getting/getting back like Nash, Petan, Edstrom etc that they would make a positive push toward the postseason but it's been the complete opposite of that.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any chance Chmelar gets to start on a line with Berard? They were teammates. Im sure they did have some ice time together at some point for Providence in their career.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Hartford are in free fall right now. lack of passable center depth has really caught up to them and Petan has not really been a boost to this point. Lost 7 of their last 10. Would be a huge shame if they miss the POs.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Any chance Chmelar gets to start on a line with Berard? They were teammates. Im sure they did have some ice time together at some point for Providence in their career.
They didn't play on the same line in Providence last year. Chmelar could have an immediate impact, but I wouldn't pin hopes on it.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Feels like every year, with the exception of last, Hartford goes into a free fall at the end of the year. Clockwork.

The circumstances seem slightly different this year, lots of injuries and call ups, but a winning culture is part of the battle.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Last nights game was good in terms of getting some guys on the scoressheet

Berard - 1A
Othmann - 2G
Sykora - 1A
Korczak - 1G
So the one good piece of news from last night was not that Othmann scored two goals but how he scored them. One was a tip in from in front of the net and the other was crashing the net and putting in a rebound. We know Othmann can shoot. But he was playing too much on the perimeter. Seeing him go to the net is positive.

Having lost Emberson to waivers, Harpur to injury, Mackay to injury, and Scanlin to recall the remaining defensemen are dreadful on defense.

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
So the one good piece of news from last night was not that Othmann scored two goals but how he scored them. One was a tip in from in front of the net and the other was crashing the net and putting in a rebound. We know Othmann can shoot. But he was playing too much on the perimeter. Seeing him go to the net is positive.

Having lost Emberson to waivers, Harpur to injury, Mackay to injury, and Scanlin to recall the remaining defensemen are dreadful on defense.
Are they also overworking Garand? With Domingue out it looks like he’s in every game.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Are they also overworking Garand? With Domingue out it looks like he’s in every game.
Alex Thomas announce before the last game that Domingue was not available this weekend although he still is listed day to day.

I think the issue is less that Garand is being overworked (he carried the team into and through the playoffs last year) but that the defense in front of him is terrible and until the last game the team couldn't score.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
2 goals against,
65 secs apart,
have Pack behind 1-2
after 2nd
Pack struggling to make plays on rush, and in O zone

Ad

Upcoming events